ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x & 10.6

lastExile

2,380 posts in this topic

Hello all got a fix for the HD 3650 AGP I use the HD 2600 Pro AGP and I can now use the full range of my monitor resolutions. I doesnt work with QE though so im not getting much improvment on proformance so far.

But now I am wondering if the 3650 AGP driver is faulty if I install it I get a screen freeze on bootup I have reinstalled about 5 times due to it so as a last resort I decided to use 2600 AGP and works.

So hope this helps anyone.

ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro AGP

Device ID: 9587

Download

I recently upgraded to 10.5.7 and it broke QE/CI. I use a 2400HD Pro (9f23) with IAtkos5i. I've tried removing everything and reinstalling, also tried a replacement kext to no avail.. Anyone have any luck with this card in 10.5.7?

I recently upgraded to 10.5.7 and it broke QE/CI. I use a 2400HD Pro (9f23) with IAtkos5i. I've tried removing everything and reinstalling, also tried a replacement kext to no avail.. Anyone have any luck with this card in 10.5.7?

For Leopard 10.5.7:

Download this: zip.gif 2400xt_10.5.7.zip ( 383.25K ) and put ATIRadeonX2000.kext on the Desktop

From a clean installation of Leopard 10.5.7 or an upgrade:

1) Delete ATIRadeonX2000.kext from /System/Library/Extensions

2) Change in the info.plist of the downloaded ATIRadeonX2000.kext on the Desktop 0x94c11002 with 0x94c31002

3) Install the modified ATIRadeonX2000.kext with kexthelper

4) Overwrite com.apple.Boot.plist in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration with the one downloaded (you need root privileges); if you have chameleon 2.0 RC1 you can also overwrite com.apple.Boot.plist in the Extra folder.

5) Delete Natit.kext (if You have it in /System/Library/Extensions)

reboot with -v -f

QE/CI should be enabled.

Giorgio

For Leopard 10.5.7:

Download this: zip.gif 2400xt_10.5.7.zip ( 383.25K ) and put ATIRadeonX2000.kext on the Desktop

From a clean installation of Leopard 10.5.7 or an upgrade:

1) Delete ATIRadeonX2000.kext from /System/Library/Extensions

2) Change in the info.plist of the downloaded ATIRadeonX2000.kext on the Desktop 0x94c110de with 0x94c310de

3) Install the modified ATIRadeonX2000.kext with kexthelper

4) Overwrite com.apple.Boot.plist in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration with the one downloaded (you need root privileges); if you have chameleon 2.0 RC1 you can also overwrite com.apple.Boot.plist in the Extra folder.

5) Delete Natit.kext (if You have it in /System/Library/Extensions)

reboot with -v -f

QE/CI should be enabled.

Giorgio

Hi Giorgio

Regarding Step 2 I cannot find that code in info.plist of the provided kext

Bull:2400xt_10-5.5.7 david$ grep -ri 0x94c11 *

Bull:2400xt_10-5.5.7 david$ pwd

/Users/david/Desktop/2400xt_10-5.5.7

Bull:2400xt_10-5.5.7 david$

I do see '0x94c11002" on liine 49 of the info.plist though ..

I also searched the info.plist using property list edit and text wrangler.. I cannot find it.. Could you point me in the right direction here? I appreciate your help

David

Hi Giorgio

Regarding Step 2 I cannot find that code in info.plist of the provided kext

Bull:2400xt_10-5.5.7 david$ grep -ri 0x94c11 *

Bull:2400xt_10-5.5.7 david$ pwd

/Users/david/Desktop/2400xt_10-5.5.7

Bull:2400xt_10-5.5.7 david$

I do see '0x94c11002" on liine 49 of the info.plist though ..

I also searched the info.plist using property list edit and text wrangler.. I cannot find it.. Could you point me in the right direction here? I appreciate your help

David

Escuse me for the error: change 0x94c11002 with 0x94c31002 (I confused with nividia vendor id)

I have correct the above post.

Giorgio

Escuse me for the error: change 0x94c11002 with 0x94c31002 (I confused with nividia vendor id)

I have correct the above post.

Giorgio

Hmm Now my screen turned completely gray..

Just to verify is the ATIRadeonX2000.kext the only ATI* Kext I should have in /System/Library/Extensions? Because I did move the others out to produce at least this.. (ATINDRV and some ATIX2000G and V kexts).. because on the first boot after trying this I got blank screen (No signal)..

I notice that ATY_INIT says:

ATY_INIT: Card was posted, reading from legacy address.

ATY_INIT: Quitting for card 0x94c3

Hmm Now my screen turned completely gray..

Just to verify is the ATIRadeonX2000.kext the only ATI* Kext I should have in /System/Library/Extensions? Because I did move the others out to produce at least this.. (ATINDRV and some ATIX2000G and V kexts).. because on the first boot after trying this I got blank screen (No signal)..

I notice that ATY_INIT says:

ATY_INIT: Card was posted, reading from legacy address.

ATY_INIT: Quitting for card 0x94c3

You must have all the ATI files (ATINDRV.Kext ans so on) of a 10.5.7 version.

Giorgio

Hi used the above download and installed the pkg on my ideneb 10.5.6 and all that happens is after restart it will load the spalsh screen with the spinning logo, but just stop after about 30 seconds and freeze. I have tried -v -f but does not fix the issue still locks up after about 30 seconds.

Any help on his would be great I cannot see anyone else who has got this problem fixed? I see alot of people with the PCIe version working fine.

I have also checked my DeviceID and it is 9596.

In the installer for Ideneb I am using AGPgart but not loading any driver as I get the same issue. Should I not use AGPgart or is that defenatly needed on the install?

Thanks

C'mon, people, READ ! The answer is always somewhere there,

you have to only be patient, and certainly - not lazy !

Till i've got a helpful buddy's respond (which helped me), well...i did had read all that...let's see,

73 pages of this driver section, at that time ?

Here you go:

the new driver doesnt work. Its true, but...

i have the same 3650AGP like you, and my one is working.

im running on 10.5.5.

and im using the previous version of the driver.

I can change resolution, i have qe/ci.

All i did after my last combo update, i removed all the ATI kexts in single user mode, and reinstalled the drivers.

DL link for the driver:

Enjoy

I know that its not the latest, but it will do the trick until we get a new working one.

Give Revengangel credits. Good Luck

Works__.tiff

• Like 1

You must have all the ATI files (ATINDRV.Kext ans so on) of a 10.5.7 version.

Giorgio

ok I reinstalled everything using 9f23 package from nviinstaller.com .. I got it down to the screen of 'blue dots' . from reading this forum it has something to do with the framebuffer right?

The netkas natit package for 10.5.7 doesn't seem to do anything at all when I install it..

Strange, I lost all driver support after the 10.5.7 update, which is normal, but nothing happened after I reinstalled the packages in the original post. However, after installing the natit package, everything is back to normal.

Maybe you should try a reinstall of the original package, boot into safe mode, and then install the new natit?

ok I reinstalled everything using 9f23 package from nviinstaller.com .. I got it down to the screen of 'blue dots' . from reading this forum it has something to do with the framebuffer right?

You must NOT install 9f23!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can install leopard without video drivers! Ugrade to 10.5.7 and install the files for 2400.

Giorgio

Ohai

I need feedback on this installer for 2400,3850,3650 and 3870x2 users

Download

I just did a fresh install of 10.5.5 and can confirm that this is the only package that works for my 2400HD Pro . The orginal package(s) at the top of the thread only give me a blank screen(no signal) both in safe mode and normal boot.

What is the diffference between the 2 packages besides the second being a multiple installer?

No Matter what I only seem to get QE with the package and no CI and Rotation(I don't even know what this is honestly but I'll google it someday :rolleyes: )

I'm curious to see if Giorgio's ATIRadeonX2000.kext w/ modifications tip will work in 10.5.5 to give me CI support..

I just did a fresh install of 10.5.5 and can confirm that this is the only package that works for my 2400HD Pro . The orginal package(s) at the top of the thread only give me a blank screen(no signal) both in safe mode and normal boot.

What is the diffference between the 2 packages besides the second being a multiple installer?

No Matter what I only seem to get QE with the package and no CI and Rotation(I don't even know what this is honestly but I'll google it someday :rolleyes: )

I'm curious to see if Giorgio's ATIRadeonX2000.kext w/ modifications tip will work in 10.5.5 to give me CI support..

9f23 works only in 10.5.5

Look here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...=0#entry1179747

Giorgio

I downloaded your pkg for dual ATI card. I ideneb 1.4 10.5.6 Mainbord Itel DP45SG and ATI HD 3850 PCIe 1 and ATI HD 3650 PCIe 2

in system profiler is found throughout both the two cards and the monitor, only the monitor connected to the second video card (HD 3650) is black.

I also installed the ATI 3650 pkg

heeeeelp!

tks

I made a a installer for a Sapphire HD 3650 512MB GDDR3 but it should work on other ATI 3650s for OSX 10.5.7

I have tested it on a old install and a fresh install and it seems to work very well.

Thanks to lastExile and Netkas for making the kexts and framworks

Download Installer: http://tinyurl.com/npuvlf ( Not working it installs files to wrong distinctions http://tinyurl.com/kp5j22 )

Download zip of kexts and frameworks: http://tinyurl.com/n9z6qn

Ill try to fix the installer when i got some free time. For now please download this and install by yourself http://tinyurl.com/n9z6qn

Here are some screenshots http://tinyurl.com/ku8hv7

The best thing about these drivers is the max resolution on my 24inch is 2560x1600 but Samsung say its 1920x1200. When i plug my MacBook 5.1 in i get a max of 1920x1200. So yay i get a resolution thats to high to see anything on... So im set at 2048x1280 that is great

Update it works on 10.5.8 as well

Credits: netkas for making natit.kext and lastExile for making the frameworks and other kexts

Please let me know if this works for you..

Thanks

xxlginger

Hi there,

Anyone made 3870x2 VGA running under 10.5.7 with CI/QE enabled? If yes, how, if no could driver developers be so kind to try and publish the driver which would make it possible?

Glad to test it :thumbsup_anim:

Card that doesn't work as it should :( under iPC 10.5.6 upgraded to 10.5.7.

ATI Radeon HD 3800 X2:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 3800 X2

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

Slot: Slot-1

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x950f

Revision ID: 0x0000

ROM Revision: 113-B1480A-236

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.236