ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x & 10.6

lastExile

2,380 posts in this topic

Just wanted to post my experience:

Processor Name: AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3200+

CPU Features : FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36

CLFSH MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 SSE3

System Version: Mac OS X 10.5.3 (9D34)

Kernel Version: Darwin 9.3.0

ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT AGP

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x9586

Revision ID: 0x0000

ROM Revision: 113-B1480A-236

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.236

Displays : 500G:

Resolution : 1024 x 768 @ 60 Hz

Depth : 32-bit Color

Core Image : Hardware Accelerated

Main Display : Yes

Mirror : Off

Online : Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation : Supported

The installer didn't work, after rebooting the screen turned blue (the upper half) & black with white spots (the bottom half). I had, in windows, to delete the old kexts in the MacOS partition for this to work. So it seems that there is a problem with the installer.

Anyway, this baby works like a charm. Thank you! You are the best.

hmm do a bench on xbench, geekbench and GLView

ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT AGP 256MB Work!!!!! Thanks a lot!

post-103074-1212615440_thumb.jpg

I have tried to make some benchmark

CINEBENCHR10= 2447

xbench = 72.79

xbench.txt

they are low??? or are ok??

ps: sorry for my english :unsure:

its okay. is it the latest agpgart ?

Last Exile:

I found out the solution to some of my problems:

Since i installed your drivers Toast 9, Popcorn, Tomb Rider, OpenGl view, and many other apps stopped working. The icons kept bouncing on the dock and suddenly the apps crashed.

Well, the problem were 3 OpenGL framework files found at ~/system/library/framework/OpenGl ...

AMD users MUST patch those files using Marvin´s AMD utility.

Last Exile:

I found out the solution to some of my problems:

Since i installed your drivers Toast 9, Popcorn, Tomb Rider, OpenGl view, and many other apps stopped working. The icons kept bouncing on the dock and suddenly the apps crashed.

Well, the problem were 3 OpenGL framework files found at ~/system/library/framework/OpenGl ...

AMD users MUST patch those files using Marvin´s AMD utility.

hmm. Mind sending me your Opengl.frameworks thru sendspace or rapidshare leave the url in the pm

Tested on Sapphire HD3850 256M, bios 101

The first package appears to install fine, but does not install anything (its log reports versions are newer on disk and skips everything)

After removing evvery referred file, it installs but it does not work: same pattern as before installing it.

The second package installs only after removing the newer version files like the first, and then it seems to work.

Hope this helps.

I tried the 3650 installer on my Asus 3650 silent with 256 GDDR3 ram. The installation worked, but after a reboot, all I got was a black screen. If I use VNC to connect to the PC (from my macbook) I can see the desktop and the res is now at 1280x1024 (although my display only supports upto 1280x768). Can this be because I use a DVI->VGA convertor to connect to my Panasonic plasma screen?

This is on a JaS 2.0 install OS-X10.5.2

I tried changing the res back to 1024x768 which the plasma should be able to display, but the blackness didn't go away. VNC showed the changed res though.

post-106972-1212702089_thumb.png

hmm. Mind sending me your Opengl.frameworks thru sendspace or rapidshare leave the url in the pm

Ok i did it. I sent you the opengl framework folder through rapidshare, look your PMs. I also detailed there the binaries that had cpu-id's (although in a separate PM :thumbsup_anim:) .

Ok i did it. I sent you the opengl framework folder through rapidshare, look your PMs. I also detailed there the binaries that had cpu-id's (although in a separate PM :P) .

got it :(

hi lastExile,

thx a lot!

Gecube HD 2400 Pro 256mb, Device ID : 94c3, confirm to work! with the driver from 1st post, all resolution and rotate. connected through dvi-to-vga adapter.

regards,

hmm still need to fix the dvi ;)

i´m sorry to say that this is not working for me

i got a sapphire hd3870 ultimate (passive cooling, id:9501) and all i get is a garbled screen or reboot

i´m running a dualscreen dvi setup, could that be a problem?

ps: sorry for crossposting, but i tried different driver/solutions so i´m looking

for answers everywhere Radeon 3850/3870 thread ;)

Just installed Kalyway 10.5.2 and applied the HD3650 driver for my Asus 3650. It works well, except the multi-monitor support didn't work properly. I got both monitors recognized, but they're the other way around. I've a BenQ FP241W on port 1, and Philips 170B4 on port 2. The system thinks I've FP241W on port 2, and 170B4 on port 1. As a result, the display setting windows popped up on the wrong monitor and resolutions allowed are the other way around.

Replaced DOA ATi Radeon HD 2600 XT (512 MB) with another MSi Radeon HD2600 XT (256 MB) with device ID 9588. It showed up straight away with CI hardware acceleration BUT no QE. Ran fix permissions and rebooted a second time and then it came up with both QE and CI

5980 yen ($60) from SofMap Japan

Hi, I really want to thanks for your hard work. I use your 3650 installer on my Asus 3650 Magic/Silent/512 DDR2 with Leopard 10.5.3, it gave me QE/CI.

But it still had WHITE MENU PROBLEM.

I'll wait for the fixed edition.

CHEER :(

The black screen I got went away once I connected my TV via HDMI. So it seems to be due to the DVI->VGA convertor I use, this interferes with the detection of the screen. I'm happy now, now I only need to find an IR receiver that works with OSX...

HD 2600 Pro working now with CI showing hardware acceleration, and QE supported on both monitors. ;) Kalyway 10.5.2 install.

Big thanks to lastExile. -_-

more fixes are coming. my stomack been acting up :D

I updated my Leo4allV3 with Kalyway update combo 10.5.3.

My HD3650 has still CI and QE enabled but i'm having white menu bug now.