Network Solution for Leopard

shornby

112 posts in this topic

how sad..

I don't know the USB LAN I've bought; eventually, I found out that it was using a DM9601 or whatever and I've heard that it is not supported.

*sigh*. Now I can't get this to work. >_> I think I'll have to switch to 10.4.10 and rely on the onboard Lan.

real disappointmet.

I have a Linksys USB to Ethernet adapter in my Dell D820 and it will not see it under network either. I have installed both drivers and nothing still. Is there a way to kick start this adapter? when I go to add another device it only gives me the option of Firewire.

Any suggestions?

Just got back from Radioshak where I got a Trendnet TU2-ET100 usb to ethernet adapter and it works.

I didn't need to install any software or anything else.

My ethernet goes to my Netgear wireless router and thats plugged into my modem (comcast).

Asus P5N-D bios 0302

intel E8400

XFX 8800 gts (92)

2x2gig OCZ gold

Lite-On LH-20A1L fw.v BL05

WD 120 sata w/Leo4All-10.5.2 Universal AMD/INTEL[sSE2/SSE3]

Samsung 940MW 19" lcdtv

Audio:Realtek ALC883

What kext file could possibly be conflicting with the USBAx8871x.kext that i am using for a Apple USB Ethernet Adapter? This has worked for me before (i.e I was able to connect to the internet) on this same system. Now I just did a refresh install and I can no longer connect. Any information?

Thanks in advance

will these two work in leopard w/ 680i?

D-Link - DUN-E100

LinkSys - USB200M

although the site says these two are leopard-compatible,

but have anyone tried it can say sth. about these?

will this fix the freezing issus, i just wanna confirm b4 i buy...

I am currently using a Conceptronic CSP480LU:

- MAC Address: 00:80:5a:xx:xx:xx

- USB Vendor ID: 0x08dd

- USB Product ID: 0x90ff

It is working flawlessly (hot plpug and all) on a Dell Latitude D620, on 10.5.2.

I am using the USBAx8817x.kext driver.

Will the Apple USB Ethernet Adapter work? On a hackintosh?

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebO...part=MB442Z%2FA

Yes, first post says. "Also the new apple adapters (for the MacBook Air) work with 10.5.2"

I will edit the first post to make it more clear.

What kext file could possibly be conflicting with the USBAx8871x.kext that i am using for a Apple USB Ethernet Adapter? This has worked for me before (i.e I was able to connect to the internet) on this same system. Now I just did a refresh install and I can no longer connect. Any information?

Thanks in advance

You need the latest IOnetworkingFmamily.kext, because it needs the AppleUSBGigEthernet.kext (only exists after 10.5.2 update) if the kalyway combo update does not install this kexts you can doenload the Apple update and extract it with pacifist

will these two work in leopard w/ 680i?

D-Link - DUN-E100

LinkSys - USB200M

although the site says these two are leopard-compatible,

but have anyone tried it can say sth. about these?

will this fix the freezing issus, i just wanna confirm b4 i buy...

Linksys USB200M working perfectly on Leopard, read post #5, or check my Rigs.

Yes, first post says. "Also the new apple adapters (for the MacBook Air) work with 10.5.2"

I will edit the first post to make it more clear.

You need the latest IOnetworkingFmamily.kext, because it needs the AppleUSBGigEthernet.kext (only exists after 10.5.2 update) if the kalyway combo update does not install this kexts you can doenload the Apple update and extract it with pacifist

Linksys USB200M working perfectly on Leopard, read post #5, or check my Rigs.

thank you, macgirl :)

i already knew it'll work with leopard,

by the way, i wanna how this dongle work with nforce chipsets,

as you may know, RTL8139 works great in intel chipset but not the nforce one.

Yeah but those issues are from PCI devices, arent they?

BTW, in early days of Mac OS X86 I had several 8139 cards in my nForce mobo without problems, even some of the are 8139 compatible, like this SMC 1211tx card (that I have) that works flawlessly with AppleRTL8139Ethernet.kext

I use them until AppleYukon kext appear.

Gladly I will try my USB200M adapter on my nForce MoBo for you.

not really,

the problems mostly occur when i use drivers that is not really developed for leopard.

an983b with tulip1.2 - freeze when four cores enabled

belkin fd7050 wireless G - .,

RTL8139 - .,

the prob. probably due to some flow control issues i suspect,

but gladly you could try that for me -_-

thanks you first, macgirl !

hi

I second that!

I'm using USB to Ethernet adapter: Datel Lan Adapter for Wii :P (CC,Gamestop,EBgames have it for $29.95)

it has AX88772 chipset and it is USB2

works great under Leopard and Vista, I can't see difference between real eth adapter nad this device in the terms of speed

no need a driver for Leopard

Asix page with bunch of other OS drivers http://www.asix.com.tw/products.php?op=pIt...temID=86;71;101

best to all

WOW :wacko:

i spent 2 days scouring google for intel pro 1000 PL drivers for leopard 10.5.1

nearly gave up, then read this article about the datel wii lan adapter

so...went to a local gamestore and picked one up in uk for £17

plugged it in my usb and a blue light came on

thought that was strange so i launched safari

wey hey ....internet on, no drivers required or tinkering and it picked up my router on automatic DHCP

HIGHLY recommended solution, well done :blink:

what makes it even more amazing is that this is running on an acer aspire L320 desktop pc

all i did was install iatkos 1.0r2 and follow a guide on youtube where someone dual booted vista and iatkos on hp DV6000 laptop....

here's the link, i couldn't have done it without watching this first

sound, usb, vga, sata works and now the lan wooohooo :(

specs,

desktop book sized pc acer aspire L320 see attachment

http://global.acer.com/PRODUCTS/desktop/asl320.htm

cost £200 on ebay incl keyboard and mouse

core duo t2140 2 x 1.6ghz i think

160gb sata

1gb ram

used entire partition for leopard, will experiment with vita, xp, bootcamp etc

once i am familiar with leopard......

post-215928-1208358922_thumb.jpg

Hi

I have a LinkSys USB100TX

the TX/RX light blinks and nothing else happens

I've already installed the drivers, it doesnt recognizes the router, it says Network cable unpluged.

what can I do?

Thanks

but gladly you could try that for me :hysterical:

thanks you first, macgirl !

Well, yesterday I tested the Linksys USB200M with complete success, no failures, it worked flawlessly on the nForce MoBo.

Yes, when I used the Nvidia onboard adapter, but that was on Windows (some monts befor first OSx86), when I switch to the Marvell (also onboard) all was fixed.

So when 10.4.1 came out I have several 8139 generic cards (all with no brand) and one SMC 1211tx (8139 compatible) and one SMC 1255 (that does not work on Mac OS), then I bougth a Gicabit Realtek (8169) and use it, I don't remember when I switched but when the First Mac Intel was released the Marvell Yukon was recognized, so I never tried the Forcedeth kext.

Yes, when I used the Nvidia onboard adapter, but that was on Windows (some monts befor first OSx86), when I switch to the Marvell (also onboard) all was fixed.

So when 10.4.1 came out I have several 8139 generic cards (all with no brand) and one SMC 1211tx (8139 compatible) and one SMC 1255 (that does not work on Mac OS), then I bougth a Gicabit Realtek (8169) and use it, I don't remember when I switched but when the First Mac Intel was released the Marvell Yukon was recognized, so I never tried the Forcedeth kext.

thanks for the info, i could try it later and report it later.