Creative SB [Live!, Audigy, Audigy2, EMU10kX eDSPs] OSX Driver info here!

• Please log in to reply
809 replies to this topic

Bam Rock

Bam Rock

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

The kX driver? If so yes it continues to work as it always has flawlessly for me.

Sorry to jump in here but I just found this card in an old box that I have so I thought I'd look into it. I read the first post I promise :( I have sound working on my SL install through kext hacks and very gracious users but every time I upgrade to 10.6.x (x being latest version) I have to go back through and install the kexts because they're overwritten. Not a big deal but I'd prefer to be able to just update. This LONG post short.....if I install the kx drivers and this card do you have to reinstall every time you upgrade the system or does it use entirely different kext's? Thanks in advance!

MacUser2525

MacUser2525

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Sorry to jump in here but I just found this card in an old box that I have so I thought I'd look into it. I read the first post I promise :) I have sound working on my SL install through kext hacks and very gracious users but every time I upgrade to 10.6.x (x being latest version) I have to go back through and install the kexts because they're overwritten. Not a big deal but I'd prefer to be able to just update. This LONG post short.....if I install the kx drivers and this card do you have to reinstall every time you upgrade the system or does it use entirely different kext's? Thanks in advance!

It is its own self contained .kext it will continue to work upon system upgrade or has up to this point can't predict for future updates but has worked until this point flawlessly...

thirdshiftdj

thirdshiftdj

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
I have an old SB0090. Its the Audigy SB1394 and its suppose to have EMU chip and for some reason KXaudio driver doesn't work.

BloodRage X58
i7 920

It has the Sonar X-fi which is ALC889, but I disabled it and still it doesn't work. Should I remove ALC8xx universal kexts and try again?

MacUser2525

MacUser2525

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,333 posts

I have an old SB0090. Its the Audigy SB1394 and its suppose to have EMU chip and for some reason KXaudio driver doesn't work.

BloodRage X58
i7 920

It has the Sonar X-fi which is ALC889, but I disabled it and still it doesn't work. Should I remove ALC8xx universal kexts and try again?

If you have another pci slot try moving it into that, my cards (one identical to yours) only work when they are in the pci slot farthest from the CPU.

thirdshiftdj

thirdshiftdj

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
My board only has one PCI slot. I installed 1.11b and booted w/ -v and it loaded the driver and saw my card. Then it KP'ed when I opened Ableton. I did another reboot and this time it doesn't see the card again.

dekz

dekz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
any chance for Audigy 4?

morfy

morfy

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts
I installed the kext on Lion preview 2 is not working ;)

morfy

morfy

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

I installed the kext on Lion preview 2 is not working ;)

update!!!

copied kext on /System/library/extension
chmod -R 755 kXAudioDriver.kext/
chown -R root:wheel kXAudioDriver.kext/
kextload kXAudioDriver.kext/

Work on my system!!!

professorGR

professorGR

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Got it work in my system just by following your guide in first post.
I7 920
Gigabyte x58a-ud3r with FF bios
HD6870
OSX 10.6.7.
Thank you so much (probably i ll make a donation in a few days).

Attached Files

dmanrevived

dmanrevived

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Odd, I think I'm getting the rear 2 channels when I have a 5.1 source. I don't have any problems when listening to anything in stereo. My 2.0 speakers are definitely hooked up to the correct output. I've tried the other outputs as well, but they didn't give me any sound at all. Any ideas? :unsure:

Gigabyte EP35-DS3L
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 (SB0240)

MacUser2525

MacUser2525

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,333 posts

Odd, I think I'm getting the rear 2 channels when I have a 5.1 source. I don't have any problems when listening to anything in stereo. My 2.0 speakers are definitely hooked up to the correct output. I've tried the other outputs as well, but they didn't give me any sound at all. Any ideas? :unsure:

Gigabyte EP35-DS3L
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 (SB0240)

I would go to the Audio/Midi Setup in the Utilities folder to make sure that it is set to Stereo when you check in the Configure Speakers screen while you are there may as well test the speakers.

dmanrevived

dmanrevived

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

I would go to the Audio/Midi Setup in the Utilities folder to make sure that it is set to Stereo when you check in the Configure Speakers screen while you are there may as well test the speakers.

I was about to crawl under a rock because I remember messing around in there a couple of months ago. I double checked, my speakers are configured properly in stereo with the front left and right giving me the correct test static sounds.

MacUser2525

MacUser2525

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,333 posts

I was about to crawl under a rock because I remember messing around in there a couple of months ago. I double checked, my speakers are configured properly in stereo with the front left and right giving me the correct test static sounds.

Only idea I have left is checking the program you are using to play back the files to see if it has an audio output selection in it that may be trying to use the 5.1 on its own.

dmanrevived

dmanrevived

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Only idea I have left is checking the program you are using to play back the files to see if it has an audio output selection in it that may be trying to use the 5.1 on its own.

This happens in both Quicktime and VLC, so I think it's a global problem. :unsure:

LowRidinCrew

LowRidinCrew

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
Problem: Flash Video Slows and pauses when I use my Creative Audigy Platinum.
I switch to my M-Audio (Mac Compatible) It's fine

pitap

pitap

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

update!!!

copied kext on /System/library/extension
chmod -R 755 kXAudioDriver.kext/
chown -R root:wheel kXAudioDriver.kext/
kextload kXAudioDriver.kext/

Work on my system!!!

Glad to know that the driver will still work under Lion. I am fearfully counting down for the day when the driver would no longer work. :S

Oxtie

Oxtie

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
I see no end to this driver unless iOS lands as main OS on macs (which is the point where apple sales will drop :wacko: so) i doubt if it can ever happen.

By adding x64 Eugene solved many future problems... :)

@Morfy: added you workaround on page1 :D

AppleIIGuy

AppleIIGuy

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
It also works under Lion Dp5.... FYI

CooSee

CooSee

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 572 posts
using GM with

kXAudioDriver-1.11b0

Version and no problems at all ;) !

CooSee ' Ya

dakku

dakku

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Confirmed, installed with Kext wizard on Lion GM, working fine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy