Does Vista look prettier than OS X?

snakeeyes

Aero vs Aqua!  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Aero vs Aqua!

• Windows Aeros is prettier.
    • Aqua is prettier.
    • Both are ugly, Kde 4 rules!
    • What are you talking about? I am prettier.

97 posts in this topic

The vast majority of people who read this topic understand that each OS has it's finer and less-fine points, and to collectively make ONE of the OS's "prettier" than the other is not realistic. There are things we like about one and things we like about the other.

The vast majority of people who read this topic understand that each OS has it's finer and less-fine points, and to collectively make ONE of the OS's "prettier" than the other is not realistic. There are things we like about one and things we like about the other.

I am not talking about finer and lesser points, all I am asking is which GUI looks better, not what OS has an advantage over another with different features.

You can't find aqua and aero to look equally good can u? You must like one over the other and people can't even decide that?

how cares what it looks like as long as it runs right...

vista has the built in previw window in explore.exe to the right side plus the bult in search is sexy enough for me and its is usefull..

the most sexest thing in Vista over xp is DX 10.1 (sp1) and the 9800 GX2 video cards

far as I consider windows Classic is the most sexest GUI to date.. (speed is bueaty)

Even though I rarely use it (only on my server), the windows classic gui is a great. It is clean, simple, and gets the job done while consuming less resouces.

It is not the sexiest in terms of transparency, bubbliness, or special effects, but it is quite satisfying when you desire the basics...

If you just look at a frozen still picture they are mostly even, depends on what part you look at. Both have residues of old apis which both companies tries to kill, but the old looks from old windows apis are mismatching more than OS X'. What makes differences are the execution of the looks, on vista there are often abrupt changes when you switch states, but on Leopard they are smooth. When there is heavy load you are able to see the redrawing of the windows in Vista, but seldom in Leopard.

thats true, aqua is the first gui to introduce good looks and compositing as well, am I right?

mac os x was actually a huge change for apple in terms of gui and of course unix cause I remember looking at a screenshot of mac os 9 and I could have puked, it was worse than win 95.

the first mac I got was when tiger was new so obviously at the time aqua looked cool.

I don't miss the original Luna, but I do miss the MCE Luna. It looked nice.

Everytime, I see a computer running Xp, I can't help but to think about the good ole days...

Yeah, indeed. But I don't really miss any Luna. I'm used to Vista now. I miss the custom themes that I've made for XP... editing the real XP kernel to change the boot screen, changing the login and logout interface, making a custom taskbar...

Choosing between OS X and Vista is like choosing between two girls.

They're both hot, but OS X has a better personality.

(I think OS X looks more polished than Vista, though. [example, Vista still has Windows 3.1 icons...])

That analogy is brilliant.

u eye kandy people.. I take it u take your wemon the same?? looks????

for a os speed is beatiy.. any thing eles is null and invoid

This isn't a question of the speed of the OS. This is just a simple discussion of which OS GUI you prefer. That being said i find each one to be pretty nimble on my machine.

I see OSX as a natural beauty that looks just as good when you wake up to her in the morning as she does dressed up for a night on the town. Vista looks more superficial and if you see her without all that makeup you'll be chewing you arm off to escape. Underneath all that glam it's still windows.

u eye kandy people.. I take it u take your wemon the same?? looks????

for a os speed is beatiy.. any thing eles is null and invoid

If that's the case then I'll go for MS-DOS or BASH on top of Linux.

Otherwise it is Aqua and OS X no question. The interface is just timeless.

After having used vista myself on multiple setups you soon get very bored with "aero" so much so it becomes an annoyance in the end.

The effects slow your work down, it is not functional at all, just something nice to look at.

Aero is sluggish as hell if your multitasking (for instance site design while browsing etc, the animations lag and it feels like ur having to wait for a window to draw)

I find leopard/aqua very pretty, elegant and simple, aero just feels like its trying way too hard to look nice while forgetting about speed and tidyness.