• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

MacProUser83

MacProUser83

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
MY CAMERA WORKS WITH MERCURY MESSENGER!!!!!! My camera doesn't work with any apple video enabled app (ichat, photoboot) nor it does with skype. but it works with mercury messenger it is a java based substitute for windows live messenger. Someone who knows about this please look into it and find why it works with mercury messenger. Please

Aspire5920G

Aspire5920G

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
On my Acer Aspire 5920G, I was able to get the Webcam and sleep working on Snow Leopard 10.6.2 by using the attached IOUSBFamily.kext.

This limits USB transfer rate to 12MB/s, but I think the trade-off is worth it.

Attached Files

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,839 posts
Aspire5920G,

does the webcam work with Photo Booth using this kext?

I got sleep working in Aspire 5920 (not G) with a DSDT patch, but webcam only works with CamTwist.

Thanks.

ag3r

ag3r

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi i´m having issues like many of people here

I have a Hp pavillion dv4 1150es (spain) and it has a built-in camera called Hp webcam, detected as an usb device:

HP Webcam :
ID del producto: 0x09b8
ID del fabricante: 0x046d (Logitech Inc.)
Versión: 60.51
Velocidad: Hasta 480 Mb/s
ID de la ubicación: 0xfd500000
Corriente disponible (mA): 500
Corriente necesaria (mA): 500

It´s strange but the camera light pops up, it´s "alive" and detected but when i open photobooth or any other apple aplication, or non apple like skype, adium, etc...i have a strong black screen always, but chatroulette´s web give me the perfect image!!!!, and the same way occurs in HackTV carbon

s0ullight

s0ullight

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
It is nice to see that the Crystal Eye Webcam is working with this modded kext, low frame rate though. What exactly was changed in this kext? Maybe it can be tweaked to work at higher rates.

Btw Camtwist 2.1 works fine in 32 bit mode snow leopard

On my Acer Aspire 5920G, I was able to get the Webcam and sleep working on Snow Leopard 10.6.2 by using the attached IOUSBFamily.kext.

This limits USB transfer rate to 12MB/s, but I think the trade-off is worth it.

hovo AHABEKYAN

hovo AHABEKYAN

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
^_^ PLEAS HELP MI,CANT GET THIS WEBCAM TO WORK IN LEOPARD

USB2.0 UVC PC Camera:

ID продукта: 0x8a51
ID производителя: 0x174f
Версия: 7.13
Серийный номер: 0001
Скорость: До 480 Мб/с
Производитель: Syntek
ID размещения: 0xfa100000
Действительный ток (мА): 500
Требуемый ток (мА): 500

I See only Black screen

cabrio

cabrio

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok so here is a weird one, and you guys see if you can figure it out.

I have 10.5.8 installed, and a Ricoh company integrated webcam on a dv9515ca HP Laptop.

Everything really works well of course with the exception of the integrated webcam.

Now the strange thing is, here is I how I can get it to work with absolutely everything no matter what.

I have VMWare Fusion installed and have installed Windows 7 in to a virtual machine. After I start said VM, I connect to the shared camera, then I just disconnect from again after a few seconds, and VOILA!! everything works. I can shut down VM and still everything works. PhotoBooth, MSN, Skype, and ichat.

Until I run the VM, nothing works, after I do that little trick...everything works.

Anyone happen to know why that would be?

Let me know if someone needs more info.

dgormleyrahn

dgormleyrahn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have the dv7-2170us running os x Snow Leopard 10.6.3 and the webcam specs are as follows:
HP Webcam:

Product ID: 0x0143
Vendor ID: 0x5986
Version: 0.14
Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: Bison Electronics Inc.
Location ID: 0x3d200000
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 500

I have tried every type of driver camtwist, macam, manycam, even all of the agent versions. My problem is that it will detect the camera and the white lights will turn on but it the screen is completely black. Any ideas? Cuz I'm all out.

00diabolic

00diabolic

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Modding anything.
Amazing to see this topic still alive and kicking almost 2 yrs since I created it.

I am back on OSX 10.6.2 with a WORKING FAN.. Its the reason I left after 10.5.4 orginally. Constant overheats and no end it sight.. A lot has changed and new EFI and DSDT seems to have really moved things along.

My old VDC.plugin trick no longer works in 10.6.2. For those of you with Chicony/Sonix cams I'll be looking into fixing this somehow. In SL currently I get the same issue as before black screen but cam completely detected.

For ref mine is device ID 04f2 PID B013

VDC may still be the issue but apple has changed it a lot and now photobooth will not even run if you delete it like before in OSX 10.5. Like many have said before its a res detection issue or fps issue.

I think the key to getting cams working is UVC and the VDC.plugin. We need to pull the VDC.plugin apart and look at all the parts of it. I have already ripped out parts under resources and it has not helped. I think its something in that plugin causing the cams to not work when they should.

Ill continue working on this but would apprciate any assistance.

nube

nube

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Well i have a sonix built in cam with mic.
The funny part is that, it doesnt seem to work on xp, it doesn seem to work on win7 and! same thing on 10.5.8/7. The notebook orginally came with a home vista, had the cam working. Today i disassembled the notebook just to check the chips codes. I found my cam is a sonix SN9C260AJ which is nowhere to be found i even got a picture of it, the guys on the site dont have it listed its so so funny :rolleyes: i really hate this third companies. Also the funniest is. My lan which didnt worked on osx cause it was a sis191, turned to be a RTL8201CL LOL. So im gonna try some things here and there and checkback if somebody else owns a PACKARD BELL notebook, it would be nice to hear from you about some kexts.

peach-os

peach-os

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
@diabolic

in two weeks I´ll have much more time and I´m willin to help - hope it´s not too late :rolleyes:

Annethis

Annethis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
My nieghbour has a ACER aspire 5630 running OS X under what I believe is Darwin X (it was set up by a mutual aquaintance) and he wishes to use its integrated webcam. I've found Many windows based drivers (cited here http://www.laptopdri...era_drivers.htm) but it's probable none of them work. (given mac OS compatability issues) As for which of the three varients is installed, we've not a clue. If someone could look into the issue, say reformat the drivers or redirect me to an applicable local, we'd be very grateful.

Much Obliged in advance - Neth

00diabolic

00diabolic

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

@diabolic

in two weeks I´ll have much more time and I´m willin to help - hope it´s not too late :huh:

I think I have something finally on the cam support issue.. My problem has always been the camera vdc plugin forcing a larger res then my cam can support im sure of it.

Here is what I've discovered. First I downloaded all of the cam apps mentioned in this forum dating back over the last 2 yrs. camtwist, maccam etc but none worked.. There is one that no one mentioned though. Its called manycam. And guess what it fixes my res issue.

http://www.manycam.com/

This app works great but only fixes the issue in 32bit boot. No fix for 64bit. All you do is start the app and then start photobooth and then you can close manycam and it still works in photobooth until you close it.

Hope it helps all of you.. Curious about the feedback. Id love to investigate why this app fixes the issue but at this point I'm glad it fixes it. Still to test with other apps but I would bet the same procedure will fix the issue with other mac apps.

peach-os

peach-os

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
cool - I will try it

I promised anyway too much - work is still killing me :D

EDIT: it doesn´t work on my acer ;)

diabolik - if it works on your machine I guess you will try to find out what it actually does change on your system
I´m really excited and looking forward to your first results

starting from there I could try to manage it for my webcam

00diabolic

00diabolic

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

cool - I will try it

I promised anyway too much - work is still killing me :)

EDIT: it doesn´t work on my acer -_-

diabolik - if it works on your machine I guess you will try to find out what it actually does change on your system
I´m really excited and looking forward to your first results

starting from there I could try to manage it for my webcam

Im still looking into this. I have not had good internet recently and seem to lose it at any time. Working on that is my primary concern. So far I think this is a UVC driver issue. If you look at the UVC driver thats built into OSX youl uncover the whole problem. Also it should be noted that my signal from the camera is not nearly as good as it is in windows. That is because of the UVC driver also. The picture is grainy and kinda unclear.

I also noticed some interesting differences between running 32bit mode and 64bit. First sonix web cam monitor the old version will turn the cam on in 64bit mode but not in 32bit, unless manycam is running. Manycam will not allow the monitor to work at all after its closed like it does with apple apps. Manycam will work in both 32bit and 64bit but will only allow other apps to work in 32bit after its closed. This i suppose is because manycam is a 32bit app. Once its 64 it will prob help in both 64 and 32 the same. The new sonix webcam monitor will not work for me in either 32 or 64 bit mode.

I included a list of open items that photobooth runs in OSX 10.5.2. This is after I deleted the vdc.plugin which made photobooth work in 10.5.2. I will also be including a none working list of open items in photobooth 10.6.2 to see if there is anything interesting we can see between them. They are both taken from 32bit mode to maintain standard test base. In 10.5.2 I noticed maccam is opened by photobooth 10.5.2 but it does not seem to work for me in any other way. I'm not sure if 10.5.2 photobooth is using maccam or not. If it is why does maccam itself not work for me to this day.

Hope others can provide feedback on this. Maybe we can figure out why certain apps work for some and some dont and maybe come up with something better.

Attached Files

IntelMacGuy

IntelMacGuy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
http://jkontherun.co...ow_to_boost_yo/

Have you guys tried this for skype?

Chiddy22

Chiddy22

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
I have an xbox 360 camera, a search found a bunch of people saying it just worked out of the box, not so for me. It's recognized in system profiler, and if I disconnect it while photobooth is open, it says "no device connected" but when Ir reconnect, all I get is a black screen.

Anyone ideas?

Mobius Strip

Mobius Strip

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Look at this: http://forum.insanel...showtopic=82736

That guy is right. The UVC driver in OSX forces the cam into to high a res for mine and others 1.3MP cam to handle.

TOO. TOO high a res.

IntelMacGuy

IntelMacGuy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
still nothing on this topic?

lachesis:)

lachesis:)

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
hi im using hp dv1301tx , my webcam cant work with photobooth!!
is there a way? i tried maccam ,camtwist but it does not work!!

thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy