Chameleon 2.0 FINAL "release" Installer

Dr. Hurt

129 posts in this topic

This is an unofficial Installation Package intended to help save time and effort. Please do NOT report any installer related issues to the Voodoo team. Use at your own Risk.

============================================================

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to the making of this excellent boot loader. Without them, none of this would have been possible.

============================================================

This is a simple, lightweight, Windows friendly installer for the final release version of Chameleon 2.0 (r1393) and the updated preference panel. Both Lion and Snow Leopard are supported.

It only supports installing to HFS+ partitions.

NB:

Remember that with this version you need to change com.apple.boot.plist to org.chameleon.boot.plist

Enjoy

• Like 1

GRAZIE DR.HURT

TI SEGUO A RUOTA CARO AMICO IFABIO

After installing this i cant boot

says can´t find mach_kernel? any idea?

Do you install 10.6.2 sleep enabler? Kernel panics on sleep enabler rights?

The Chameleon 2 RC4 is compatible with the old one sleep enabler not with a new 10.6.2 on SL 10.6.2

Please check.

BTW after install this boot chameleon 2 rc 4 , i feel like feeling slow.. like being keylogged or something. the screen i typed here felt like typed on 486. and the screen scrolling low. perhaps because the uuidplatform.kext still installed....

Do you install 10.6.2 sleep enabler? Kernel panics on sleep enabler rights?

The Chameleon 2 RC4 is compatible with the old one sleep enabler not with a new 10.6.2 on SL 10.6.2

Please check.

BTW after install this boot chameleon 2 rc 4 , i feel like feeling slow.. like being keylogged or something. the screen i typed here felt like typed on 486. and the screen scrolling low. perhaps because the uuidplatform.kext still installed....

No i dont have since my sleep working without it.

Any body else can help?

EDIT: FIXED IT WITH RIGHT DEFAULT HD IN SMBIOS.PLIST

This is an unofficial installation package.

PLEASE don't report any problems related to the installation package to Voodoo team. The Voodoo team is responsible for the boot loader itself only.

Use at your own risk

Changes since RC3:

Fixed booting the default partition when using timeout. Added Intel Core i5 detection. Applied rivig's patch against all stage 1 loaders. Now linear address mapping uses 12 bit offsets. Added DigitalDJ's SMBIOS CPU detection patch. Applied IntVar's system-id patch. Applied hnak's read_lba register saving patch. Added radekg's HFS filesystem fix to handle 2GB+ file sizes. Backported ATI device injection EFI64 tables and hibernation fix from netkas' PC_EFI. Thanks and credits goes for them!

Huge thanks to everyone who contributed to making all this possible.

More information at:

Chameleon website (use google to find it since I'm not allowed to put link here)

NB: With this version we no longer need to use platformUUID.kext

Hello,

does this work on 10.5.8 verison, Leopard OS X?

thanks

hey there,

Chamelon will not install on my fresh snow leo partition. Unable to unpack

any ideas?

thanks

Yes, i me too.

i was installed using myhack installer with chameleon RC3 included with MBR partition. I was going to upgraded the chameleon using Dr. hurt RC4 installer. IT said successfully but when boot it's still RC3.

So i grabbed the original version with tgz, and did the manual installation to the mbr, the partition, and the boot file to root as in the documentary. Reboot and it is RC4 now.

Any explanation, Dr Hurt?

99 downloads and not a single report on how well it worked.

PEOPLE, IS THE NEW PACKAGE WORKING?

I'm having issues actually with your installers (both RC3 and RC4, but would prefer to use RC4) on a HP dv5t laptop. I have a working kb/ms during the install and after the install but after I reboot, this installer knocks them out (verified 2x, one of each). I'm doing a vanilla install and using only 'fakesmc2' at the moment. Any ideas or suggestions?

I updated the bit the package a little bit, re-uploaded, and removed the old ones.

There should be no more errors related to unpacking and stuff like that.

This is compatible with 10.5+ and only installs to the OS X partition. Installing to EFI partition is not supported.

@Dr. Hurt,

When I chose Destination Select ( step 2 ), it says Install for all users of this computer ???

How can I chose to install it only on A SPECIFIC hard drive? or on an USB Mac OS X Installation Disc ?

Thank you