Chameleon 2.0 FINAL "release" Installer

Dr. Hurt

129 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
I'm attempting to install Chameleon to my USB drive with SnowyWindOSX loaded on it and it gets stuck on "Writing Package Receipt."

I've downloaded the file and tried installing several times.

Please advise.

Thanks.

I am having the exact same problem. Anyone have any tips?

Ricky

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone!

Should i update chameloen EFI and/or the bootloader installed by Iatkos v7 to the latest? if so, how do i do that?

Any other advice would be welcome.

my System Specs Are:

• Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T7700 2.4Ghz
  • Geforce 8600M GT
  • 2.5GB RAM
  • Intel 4965AGN (Gonna replace it with a Dell Wifi)
  • 250GB SATA WD 7200RPM
  • Bluetooth

Was having issues with an earlier version on Chameleon on a 1TB WD Caviar Green (single 1TB HFS+ GUID partition). I downloaded this build, followed the readme, and booted excellent on the first try. Thanks so much.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I have a Asus G50vt-x5

Here are the Specifications

So if i install snow leopard 1.6.2 on one HD in the laptop and then install this Chameleon 2 RC4 r684 Installation Package will I get the chameleon dual boot working fine to switch between windows vista and snow leopard? So i would have 2 HD one with vista and one with snow leopard because my laptop has 2 HD bays. Thx.

hey at all! a very noobish question...

I would kindly ask you to give me a short hint how to update my chameleon 2 RC3 with this installer to RC4.

I'm not very skillful with the bootloader topic :-/

Is it enough to install it on my SL partition and copy my /Extras/ folder with plists & kexts back to the drive?

Or are they still there and ready to use?

Sounds to easy to be true

Big thanks in advance!

Daniel

I am new here and try to install Mac to my Lenovo ThinkCenter M5X Desktop computer which has Windows 7 in it already. Can anyone help where shall I start? Shall I have this Chamelone install in Windows or other way?

I Just upgraded from 10.5.8 to snow leopard 10.6.3 with usb then when I reinstalled chameleon I get stuck at the grey loading screen with the apple logo can any one help me?? I've searched google, forums but nothing that really helped :/

PLZ HELP!!

Hey,

After install, I have a "boot" file sitting on the / root drive. I thought that was suppose to be hidden...? Any reason why it's visible?

Thanks!

Hi, I got the same small issue too. Installed w/ Snow & my Gigabyte EP45-UD3R. Boots flawlessly, but the boot file is visible? Is it supposed to be that way now? Normally it's hidden and should be. 

Thanks !

Dear Dr.Hurt, thank u for your work on this.

Btw: I just built an installer of the new Chameleon version 2.0rc5pre7 (from the Anv's branch) here

Enjoy your ACPI tables again (this time from OsX :) )

Dear Dr.Hurt, thank u for your work on this.

Btw: I just built an installer of the new Chameleon version 2.0rc5pre7 (from the Anv's branch) here

Enjoy your ACPI tables again (this time from OsX :( )

Good, that'll probably be useful. I only use custom DSDT though.

I also created an installer for pre8 a while ago, using pre8 code from the  chameleon forge. I'm using pre8 now full-time and its very stable. Haven't had time to follow the development after that because school is very intense, approaching final exams and practicals ;) 

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...1902&st=681

I am noob got snow leopaed hackintosh installed was trying to fix audio prob with a kext I dl`d here and now os wont boot from chameleon can anyone help me plz???? Have an Asus P5Q 3 Q9600 cpu PNY geforce 9800 GTX 4 gig Micron 1333 2 Wd 500 gig sata 3 1 WDRaptor 150 gig sata 1 2 lite on sata dvdrs

I am noob got snow leopaed hackintosh installed was trying to fix audio prob with a kext I dl`d here and now os wont boot from chameleon can anyone help me plz???? Have an Asus P5Q 3 Q9600 cpu PNY geforce 9800 GTX 4 gig Micron 1333 2 Wd 500 gig sata 3 1 WDRaptor 150 gig sata 1 2 lite on sata dvdrs

Boot into single user mode, type -s at chameleon's screen

when you get into prompt, type:

mount -uw /

cd /System/Library/Extensions

rm -rf TheKextYou'veBeenTrying.kext

reboot