VoodooPS2 and VoodooHDA (now 0.2.2 with prefPane) drivers for snow leopard 32/64 bit

dong

66 posts in this topic

Something to clarify here:

I'm not the developer of VoodooHDA and VoodooPS2Controller. I just did the compilation job for snow leopard. Thus I actually have no idea what could be the reason for any non-working things caused to you.

Any further request and debug information should go to: forum.voodooprojects.org

Also Slice is actively developing VoodooHDA (now 0.2.42) and added mic autodetect function. Check it here. As rals2007 requested, here is the first version of 0.2.35 source code (need nodes patch to get mic work) edited for 32/64 bit compilation:voodoohda_patching.235.src.zip

These two kexts are recompiled for snow leopard, support both 32/64 bit kernel. The PS2 source code is from Chun-nan (now eureka?) and recompiled by me. The HDA is from VoodooProjects and recompiled by avian from their forum.

Do not use them for 10.5 and below.

Do not use them with similar kexts for the same function, or a kernel panic may occur.

Install them with tools like kexthelper or use a terminal with copy and chown.

Try it on your own to see whether they work for you.

SL_PS2_HDA.zip

Update [2009-07-21]:

I recompiled VoodooPS2Controller as well for 10.6 32/64 bit. Its Nub part is abandoned, so you must use it with AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext in the same package. Voodoo.PrefPane is for configuration of touch Pad.

Again, do not use them with 10.5 and below.

SL_PS2_Voodoo.zip

Update [2009-08-09]:

The VoodooHDA compiled from vanilla source by avian give low max sound volume on my laptop. Based on other posts from this forum, I edited Table.c accordingly and recompiled the source code. Now the volume become normal. If you have the same problem as me, try this new kext for 32/64 snow leopard.

VoodooHDA.kext.zip

Update [2009-08-24]:

fassl from the VoodooProject released VoodooHDA_Pref source code two days ago. Thanks for that, I now compiled it for snow leopard 32/64. This version solved the low max volume problem on my laptop, thus I did not edit the file Table.c. Use VoodooHDA.prefPane for configuration. To reload the configuration at each boot, put voodoohdahelper into your startup item.

VoodooHDA_Pref.zip

• Like 2

Thanks

Has someone AppleDecript_64 ?

I use DSMOS_64 but believe that there is some problem with the 64 Bit version.

hi

check this never fail for me ...

http://rapidshare.com/files/257674212/Appl...rypt.kext_3.zip

also

modified legacy hda for 889 that work with my mobo and maybe few others

http://rapidshare.com/files/244371065/ALC8...MIC_PanelHd.zip

Update [2009-07-21]:

I recompiled VoodooPS2Controller as well for 10.6 32/64 bit. Its Nub part is abandoned, so you must use it with AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext in the same package. Voodoo.PrefPane is for configuration of touch Pad.

Hmm I installed the ps2 controller and everything seems to work under 10.6 however my mouse is inverted, if i move it up it goes down, if i move it down it goes up, but left and right are fine. Also scrolling doesn't seem to work at all. Does anyone have any ideas what needs to be done to fix it?

• 4 weeks later...
slickslick, please try the new version.

hey, :)

all works perrfectly!! (prefpane,voodoohdahelper and kext!!)

thx 4 this!!

here is small trick how to hide terminal

when VoodooHdaHelper auto-starting after start your OS X.

By me...

Download here:

http://www.box.net/shared/qqt6l2iui9

Donwload the zip and

1. Copy the application Voodoo HDA Helper to /Applications/Utilities/

2. Copy the folder VoodooHDA to Your_OS_X_disk/Library/

3. Add application Voodoo HDA Helper to list of login items in

System Preferences > Accounts > Login Items

Enjoy_

hey, :D

all works perrfectly!! (prefpane,voodoohdahelper and kext!!)

thx 4 this!!

here is small trick how to get rid the console

when VoodooHdaHelper auto-starting after start your OS X.

By me...

Download here:

http://www.box.net/shared/qqt6l2iui9

Donwload the zip and

1. Copy the application Voodoo HDA Helper to /Applications/Utilities/

2. Copy the folder VoodooHDA to Your_OS_X_disk/Library/

3. Add application Voodoo HDA Helper to list of login items in

System Preferences > Accounts > Login Items

Enjoy_

Hey, I tried your trick to hide voodoohdahelper console auto-starting after startup put it does not work for me. I also tried to check off "hide" in startup items. Still terminal opens up after ever new boot. Any ideas? Thanks!

Hey, I tried your trick to hide voodoohdahelper console auto-starting after startup put it does not work for me. I also tried to check off "hide" in startup items. Still terminal opens up after ever new boot. Any ideas? Thanks!

Hi, it's work for most peoples.

Error will be with you.

...Do everything exactly according to readme

Is quite strange how this ps2 driver works:

1- When Mac OSX Snow Leopard (build A432) is booting the graphical interface won't show up unless I touch the touchpad or press any keyboard key.

2- After the system has already booted and seems stable the hole system starts getting frozen and only gets back to normal if the shutdown button is pressed.

If you know any PS2 driver alternative for 64 bit (obviously Snow Leopard) could you post a link or any reference?? Thanks for your work anyway :)

(The audio driver doesn't even work, it used to in Leopard 10.5.8 with 192000 KHz and 24 bit sound quality)

Your case sounds very odd actually.

I posted two PS2 drivers in the topic, (ApplePS2Controller V.S. VoodooPS2Controller). Did you try another? Unfortunately, I don't know any other alternative, that's the reason why I decided to compile it by myself.

Refer to VoodooHDA, I has no idea assume you already moved AppleHDA.kext out of /S/L/E.

Is quite strange how this ps2 driver works:

1- When Mac OSX Snow Leopard (build A432) is booting the graphical interface won't show up unless I touch the touchpad or press any keyboard key.

2- After the system has already booted and seems stable the hole system starts getting frozen and only gets back to normal if the shutdown button is pressed.

If you know any PS2 driver alternative for 64 bit (obviously Snow Leopard) could you post a link or any reference?? Thanks for your work anyway :P

(The audio driver doesn't even work, it used to in Leopard 10.5.8 with 192000 KHz and 24 bit sound quality)

I am confused about how to install or what this audio driver requires.

Is the single kext file good for both 32bit and 64bit? [edit] seems yes.

Does it need to be copied to System/Library/Extensions? [edit] seems yes.

Does it require DSDT? [edit] seems yes.

Does it it require some Chameleon option? [edit] seems no.

Do you need to remove AppleHDA from S/L/E? [edit] seems no.

I used DSDT_Patcher1.0.1e and copied DSDT to the root of my SL volume, and copied VoodooHDA.kext to S/L/E but I get no audio with ALC888. The PrefPane gives me registry errors when I open it too.

I read in another topic that with "DSDT patch make your HDA sound working with vanilla AppleHDA.kext" but I've also read that DSDT is no longer needed.

[edit] i forget exactly what i did but it is working now ;)

Well, this is my third install of SL, the first time round I got audio perfect, except internal mic, but external worked!! finally!

Had a faulty drive and had to start over. Now I dont use dsdt and the system is much stabler, in fact, seems rock solid!

Got everything to work, 9600m gt, ICH9-m, ps2 etc... but no audio! Trying everything there is.

The stranger thing in that during install, when formatting in disk utilities, I decided to check system profiler as I'd never thought of doing during USB install boot... and audio had all ports there, mic, spdif etc... now only just

Device ID: 0x10250146

I have removed AppleHDA from S/L/E ...

What to do?

Should I copy dsdt.aml to root? I'd rather not since I suspect some KP's were from it on past installs, but my Leo is running pretty nice with it. So far SL is WOW fast without.

I have a Dell Inspiron 1525. My keyboard works now but where my tilde key is I have (§ & shift+tilde=±) I looked every where for a fix to this problem. I noticed when installing Snow Leopard that 10.5.6 (iDeneb) my keyboard was normal with tilde key. How can I get my keyboard back to normal without using ukulele?

The HDA driver loads perfectly but doesn't work the same way as the VoodooProjects VoodooHDA.kext for Leopard (no audio devices are added so no sound).

I think that the PS2 driver could be failing because my keyboard has many functions than never worked in Leopard. For example it has a touch button for the volume and two function keys v+ and v- in the keyboard that used to crash (only those keys got bloqued for the rest of the system execution) before I touched both of them once. This keyboard worked perfectly in Linux and Windows with the generic keyboard drivers so it's a driver code issue in PS2 drivers for mac.

If this helps I have the following configuration:

- Bootloader: PCEFI 10.2 MBR (tried with PCEFI 10.1, PCEFI 10, Chameleon RC1 modded for SL, and Chameleon 9 modded for SL)

- Added Kexts: fakesmc.kext, VoodooPS2.kext, VoodooHDA.kext

- DSDT Patch: HPET, RTC (I just need AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext for QE and CI to properly work with my GPU)

- EFI: Nvidia GeForce 8600M GS

(Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 (build A432) Retail)

Thanks for your work again :(

Something to clarify here:

I'm not the developer of VoodooHDA and VoodooPS2Controller. I just did the compilation job for snow leopard. Thus I actually have no idea what could be the reason for any non-working things caused to you.

Any further request and debug information should go to: forum.voodooprojects.org

Is the VoodooHDA actually version 0.2.2? The Info.plist still reports 0.2.1, and I assume that is where it gets the info when it loads as well:

Loading VoodooHDA 0.2.1 (based on hdac version 20090401_0132)

Controller: Intel 82801H (vendor ID: 8086, device ID: 284b)

warning: couldn't set recording source to microphone

warning: couldn't set recording source to microphone

Codec #2: Sigmatel STAC9228X (vendor ID: 8384, device ID: 7616)

warning: found invalid min/max dB (using default -22.5 -> 0.0 range)

Sound assertion "!fProvider->open ( this )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-174.1.1/AppleHDAController/AppleHDAController.cpp" at line 189 goto Exit

I'm using the two PS2 kexts in this thread... They seem to work fine. But one catch, when I boot up SL, I have to unplug and replug my ps/2 keyboard for it to work. Like I said, otherwise it's working just fine.

Anyone know what's going on here that I might be missing, or a possible workaround?