SOLVED! The whose suffering from lack of nForce 560 / mpc67 support thread.

162 posts in this topic

@impulsion: I use vistas BCD bootloader. If you install the bootloader even if your using XP with easyBCD then add Mac OS to the bootloader it should automatically pick up your USB hard drive. Alternatively there should be an option to select bootable drives on the first screen that appears when your laptop turns on?

it see's my external and tries to boot from it, it just doesn't see the mbr on it so darwin won't start!

Make sure your drive is formatted in MBR mode. When you format the drive in disk utility select the partition tab and I think if you just create one partition you get an options box which select between apples version and windows version.

You need to make sure you select windows.

that explains why i can't use my external then, the main partition isn't formatted mbr, i created another partition off that, formatted it fat32, then formatted it again with disk utility on leopard dvd. i can't format the entire drive, don't have anything to back it up on and currently can't afford to lose everything on it, so i guess i'm s.o.l.

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

i am typing this from leopard installed in my external

i just installed the kext provided by Greenturtle

and it detected the two partitions in my notebook's hdd!!!!!!!!!!!!

but i don't have write permissions...only read permissions :)

any idea how to get write permissions Greenturtle?

and can you plz tell me which driver you installed to get your audio working?

btw you the MAN :D

You should have write permissions? I do.

Are the drives formatted in NTFS?

What audio device do you have? If you have the same laptop as me I will send you the driver, but I (well martinleonard) hacked the AppleAzaliaAudio.kext to include the device ids for the audio device. (we have the same laptop).

They're likely NTFS partitions, mainly because he is typing from OS X which is booting from an external, so he's likely got. Internal - NTFS / External ~ HFS+.

Anyway, I've become very interested in this thread, mainly for my nForce 520, which I'm hoping can be helped by this developing kext. It isn't supported, so I can't install Leopard, or ANY OS X version onto my internal SATA drive. <_<

GreenTurtle (youre more like the master of them, wich i dont remember the name :thumbsdown_anim: ),

do you can tellme how can I find my device ID's so I can put it in the kext??? Im on Windows Vista, and my chipset is nForce 560, in a Acer Aspire...

thanks in advanced,

[]'s

You should have write permissions? I do.Are the drives formatted in NTFS? What audio device do you have? If you have the same laptop as me I will send you the driver, but I (well martinleonard) hacked the AppleAzaliaAudio.kext to include the device ids for the audio device. (we have the same laptop).

yea they are in NTFS formatand

i have the conexant hd audio in my laptop...i don't have the same laptop(hp) as you do but i do have the exact same specs as you do(from your sig) except that i have 160gb instead of 120gb...can you plz send me your driver...it may work

thanks again :thumbsdown_anim:

btw...how do you get the device id's?

Ok GreenTurtle, sent you a kext to try. I am trying to seperate support from AppleVIAATA so they both could be loaded at the same time and not conflict. This would make it easy to integrate as it would not break the install for alot of people with the lack of LBA and UDMA modes.

GreenTurtle (youre more like the master of them, wich i dont remember the name ^_^ ),

do you can tellme how can I find my device ID's so I can put it in the kext??? Im on Windows Vista, and my chipset is nForce 560, in a Acer Aspire...

thanks in advanced,

[]'s

If you had read my posts properly you would have found that here I posted the driver required, and seeing as we have the same chipset it should just work without any kext editing.

yea they are in NTFS formatand

i have the conexant hd audio in my laptop...i don't have the same laptop(hp) as you do but i do have the exact same specs as you do(from your sig) except that i have 160gb instead of 120gb...can you plz send me your driver...it may work

thanks again :D

btw...how do you get the device id's?

If your drives are formatted in NTFS that will be why you cannot write to them!

Follow this guide but insert your IDs where required.

To install the kext I have uploaded do this:

cd /System/Library/Extensions

sudo diskutil repairpermissions /

sudo chown -R root:wheel AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

sudo chmod -R 755 AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

cd /System/Library

sudo rm -rf Extensions.mkext Extensions.kextcache

then restart

thanks green, I did read your post, all them, and many times indeed, but in my fight for answers and solutions, Im getting so confused with so many new infos, that I didnt understood that we have the same chipset... sorry for bother you :( with simple questions...

now I will try that inserting it on my leo4allv3 dvd iso and try to install... and then, my last fight is find a way to get the geforce 7000M working...

thanks again,

This probably isn't the best thread for you but all I can suggest is editing the device ID's in the kext to relate to yours. That should solve your problem.

Wait what? I'm getting the "Waiting for root device" problem that everyone else is having in this thread, what do you mean by simply editing the device ID's in the kext to relate to yours. I have no idea which kext to even start with. Also, echoing what Nihalz question, how does one find out their device IDs? For all I know mine could be supported under Medevil's kext that's stickied, I have my doubts about it though considering that it was integrated into the same Kalyway build that again, ignored my nforce 520 SATA drive.

Wait what? I'm getting the "Waiting for root device" problem that everyone else is having in this thread, what do you mean by simply editing the device ID's in the kext to relate to yours. I have no idea which kext to even start with. Also, echoing what Nihalz question, how does one find out their device IDs? For all I know mine could be supported under Medevil's kext that's stickied, I have my doubts about it though considering that it was integrated into the same Kalyway build that again, ignored my nforce 520 SATA drive.

The same guide I posted for Nihalz applies to you. It explains how to edit kexts and also explains about obtaining device IDs. All you need is the device and vendor IDs from the HDD Controllers and in theory it should work.

Seriously though guys. This forum is stuffed full of really useful guides and information. Use it, that's how I learnt the basics of kext editing etc. It saves me writing out the same thing over and over and allows me more time to try and solve real issues.

For anyone that cares, the file eddie sent me was the same driver but under different names etc. so It didn't conflict with the the actual APPLEVIAATA.kext. Unfortunately the attempt failed and I'm not sure of his current status. As I speak (or write, heh) I am burning a DVD with the kext injected as I got bored and felt like trying something new. I will report back later with the results of installing to the internal drive.

I'm actually in contact with ObsidianX through a crafty google search, and he's giving support via MSN.

hello

i have new problem

ok i did pass the boot and enter the os x installation

now the problem is when choosing the partition my hdd doesnt show in the list

and i enter the disk utility and the same happen

no partition in the list

my hdd is wd 160 gb and im using the third partition (20gb) for my os x and i didint format it

hello

i have new problem

ok i did pass the boot and enter the os x installation

now the problem is when choosing the partition my hdd doesnt show in the list

and i enter the disk utility and the same happen

no partition in the list

my hdd is wd 160 gb and im using the third partition (20gb) for my os x and i didint format it

Bag, this might seem odd to ask, but make sure a partition is in FAT32 format, also to ease issues, make sure that your OS X partition is second to your XP/Vista partition so it should be...

Vista/OS X/Files

greenturtle have you actully got osx runnin off your internal harddrive?? or just your external drive?

can we add it into a dvd install yet or do you need a working osx drive first thanks mate

thanks for your work on this :))) just the speed to try fix now?

Bag, this might seem odd to ask, but make sure a partition is in FAT32 format, also to ease issues, make sure that your OS X partition is second to your XP/Vista partition so it should be...

Vista/OS X/Files

ok i have done what u said

now the disk utility can't format it to HFS+

it got to system crash and i've to hard-reset

bag, which kext are you using?

if you are using the old medevil kext, well i hate to break it to you, but it's got some issues.

Btw, you can try not to format your partition with any filesystem. i.e. just assigh the partition w/o formatting it....

It might work.