SOLVED! The whose suffering from lack of nForce 560 / mpc67 support thread.

162 posts in this topic

The only application I would say would be gParted, but that can only read HFS+... You might be able to do it with some partition s/w that will run on Windows. But I've never found one that'll do HFS+... The only app that might do it on Windows is MacDrive... :censored2:

And by the way, I have the nForce 560 also... How did you get the Device ID for the 560 into Medieval's kext? If you could, can you upload your kext so I can put it on a DVD and see if it'll work for me. I'm desperate to find a way to get OS X on this machine... Would our Device ID's be that same? If they aren't, I have no clue on how to find mine....

Thanks!

i found the device id in my vista partition with device manager. there were two devices, one device id was 0560 and the other was 0550 (i think, i have been doing a few projects and theyre all kind of swirling together in my mind). i put those in the info.plst in the medevil kext, then i used my working osx86 machine to browse through the mounted image of the installation disk, put it in /(disk image)/system/library/extensions/ioatafamily.kext/contents/plugins, unmounted, burned it, and booted with -f

so if you dont have a working installation this probably didnt help help. greenturtles back i guess, so read the updated post he mentioned and hopefully that will help more. i know im going to read the guides he posted within the next day. im kinda busy right now with schoolwork, and im trying to finish this text-based adventure game im making. the only reason im here is because i was wondering if anybody else uses 'richrard' and my insanelymac profile came up in a google search :P

oh and gparted under features says that it can create hfs+ partitions, it just cant expand or label them :( thank you so much i am going to have fun with this

i found the device id in my vista partition with device manager. there were two devices, one device id was 0560 and the other was 0550 (i think, i have been doing a few projects and theyre all kind of swirling together in my mind). i put those in the info.plst in the medevil kext, then i used my working osx86 machine to browse through the mounted image of the installation disk, put it in /(disk image)/system/library/extensions/ioatafamily.kext/contents/plugins, unmounted, burned it, and booted with -f

so if you dont have a working installation this probably didnt help help. greenturtles back i guess, so read the updated post he mentioned and hopefully that will help more. i know im going to read the guides he posted within the next day. im kinda busy right now with schoolwork, and im trying to finish this text-based adventure game im making. the only reason im here is because i was wondering if anybody else uses 'richrard' and my insanelymac profile came up in a google search :)

oh and gparted under features says that it can create hfs+ partitions, it just cant expand or label them :D thank you so much i am going to have fun with this

You're welcome, glad to help you out! I didn't know gParted could create HFS+ Partitions. I must have an old version then. :) I think it's time for me to burn a new live cd of it...

Actually, I'm a lot farther in progress now. I had OS X installed (used past tense; it was on), and everything worked besides graphics and WIFI. Now, I didn't try that with the graphics because WIFI was my first concern. Since I have the AR5007 (Atheros) Card, it's no going to work; unless if I replace the card, or if someone develops a working kext for it. So I'm hoping this will go a lot father; but we are making progress. I was so happy when OS X installed on this perfectly. Everything booted, and it was just amazing...

So that's basically the story. I have to wait for an extremely smart kext developer to come and write up a kext for the AR5007 users. It's completely different from the other Atheros cards. It's something like a new chipset...

Thanks!

macontp, which leopard version do you installed?

Leo4all, Zeph's version,?

Because i can see a lot of progress with leopard in this chipset, so i will try to install it

in my laptop but i want to know what version do u use.

I've already downladed leo4all v3 some time ago so i will try with that version but

if some of you have success with a version, i wanna try too

Tnx for read me

Cya

**edited**

sorry, i didnt read that there was a new version of leo4all jeje sorry

i will download and test that new release :P

• 2 weeks later...

i made it work partialy, i installed on the other PC, then moved the disk back to the notebbok, I HAVE the waiting for root... problem, however i can boot into the CD kextload the SAME .kext and then cp it to the HD, to the same path....i also moved the CD Extensions.mkext... still no luck, any ideas???

can i boot the cd with a root=/dev ... like linux?

i made it work partialy, i installed on the other PC, then moved the disk back to the notebbok, I HAVE the waiting for root... problem, however i can boot into the CD kextload the SAME .kext and then cp it to the HD, to the same path....i also moved the CD Extensions.mkext... still no luck, any ideas???

can i boot the cd with a root=/dev ... like linux?

Well, all done, i dont know if i would call this working, but if i wait (waiting for root dev..) some 30 minutes it will start just fine....

any ideas?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

UPDATE:

Got everything working with Greenturtles KEXTs

AMD Turion 64 x2 TL 60 2.0 GHz - Detects both cores with "cpus=2"

3 GB RAM - Detected

NVIDIA MCP67M -Works

Atheros AR5007 802.11b/g WiFi Adapter - Doesnt work, currently using D-link wua-1340 USB card for internet

Chipset: Nvidia Nforce 560 - only working @ 1024x768

AND NO SOUND :-(

im currently posting from my mac partition, but if anyone knows how to fix the above issues, please reply!!!!!