SOLVED! The whose suffering from lack of nForce 560 / mpc67 support thread.

162 posts in this topic

anyone has solved this? any news?

im really want to install leo on my notebook!!!

thanks in advance

UP!

Same, but it looks like a dead thread. I would love to use Leopard on mine too; but it's not going so well now... I hope someone will be grateful, and continue this project, but for now it seems a little dead. ;)

Thanks!

I just wish someone would continue this! How hard is it to get a kext to work, and embed it into the ISO? It shouldn't be that hard. It's just too sad no one will do it. I would probably even donate to whoever gets this to work! Just someone, please release it to us! We would all thank whoever it would be! ;)

it would be nice if someone could continue to work on this project, i know there are a lot of complications with this chipset as well as all nvidia chipsets but i do see it pop up in more and more laptops. is there anyone out there willing to give it another crack and try to get it rolling? i for one cannot afford to buy another new laptop and to be honest i only really want it to run the program that i use for dj'ing. any help at all would be greatly appreciated on my end and if need be would be willing to make a donation to anyone willing to devote the time to this project! it will also benefit many others as well!

• 2 weeks later...
this kext is work for the sata harddisk but not the sata dvd

That helps. But, one cannot use this kext because many of us cannot run OS X on our machine (b/c we do not have a external hard drive), and could not get our hands on a real Mac to add this kext into the ISO!

Is there a way to do it in Windows? I use the NForce 560 chipset, but the MPC67 too! So, this kext would probably work for me from what Linux was telling me. :unsure:

Just if I could find a way to add it into the ISO. :/

try "transmac"

it should be easy to use to inject to ISO w/o anyproblems

:)

Thanks! But...

How would you inject the kext into the ISO? Where would you put it? I've never used TransMac before. ;) I believe you would put it in Libarary\Extensions though... Are their any permissions you need to deal with? Or doesn't that matter in TransMac?

put the nforce.kext in ioatafamily, make sure to delete the intelpiixata

for the dvd sata i use the genericpcata and put in extensions

no need permission fix

just boot in -f -v

THANK YOU! I hope this will let me install OS X onto my laptop. I'll try it. Sounds easy enough! Thanks!

Edit: The DVD Data should work already. People usually include the kexts for those already... Googled that kext, and really didn't find anything. It's probably in the Kalyway Release I have... Is it? DVD Sata would work without it? I'm pretty sure it would because I booted into the DVD fine. That basically controls you DVD driver (Sata), and most versions of OSX86 probably already have that in there. I'm pretty much safe download the kext here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=110817 , then injecting it into the ISO. Right? Should work fine... Wish me luck once I do it...

THANK YOU! I hope this will let me install OS X onto my laptop. I'll try it. Sounds easy enough! Thanks!

Edit: The DVD Data should work already. People usually include the kexts for those already... Googled that kext, and really didn't find anything. It's probably in the Kalyway Release I have... Is it? DVD Sata would work without it? I'm pretty sure it would because I booted into the DVD fine. That basically controls you DVD driver (Sata), and most versions of OSX86 probably already have that in there. I'm pretty much safe download the kext here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=110817 , then injecting it into the ISO. Right? Should work fine... Wish me luck once I do it...

Well, I tried this a while ago (the board was down), and I could not get it working... It said the same thing it usually did when I boot with -f. The root device is read-only... It always said that when I booted with it... But, it did keep up with the installation. There's no way I'm going to install OS X onto this machine. It's just not detecting my hard drive... When I boot with -x -v, or even -v only, it gives me the dreaded, "waiting for root device", over and over again. I tried it all. It's not going to work. :(

Well, I tried this a while ago (the board was down), and I could not get it working... It said the same thing it usually did when I boot with -f. The root device is read-only... It always said that when I booted with it... But, it did keep up with the installation. There's no way I'm going to install OS X onto this machine. It's just not detecting my hard drive... When I boot with -x -v, or even -v only, it gives me the dreaded, "waiting for root device", over and over again. I tried it all. It's not going to work. :(

do u have the screenshot??

i'm 100% success installing mac on my notebook

do u have the screenshot??

i'm 100% success installing mac on my notebook

No, I do not....

I used the kext attached to this post:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=785103 (the first post)

And, I just put it in with transmac... There was no siliconvalley.kext or viaata.kext, so I didn't delete that kext....

And then I just deleted the rest but kept IOATABlockStorage.kext & IOATAPIProtocolTransport.kext in the IOATAfamily.kext folder...

I did it right, and still, it doesn't find my HD. I don't have any extra partitions on here (blank ones). But, it should of found the vista partition at least. Well, it doesn't work on mine... :D

And, which version did you use? I used Kalyway; the latest version...

BTW, I couldn't find the dvd sata kext you were talking about. Would this affect it from finding my HD?

You said,

for the dvd sata i use the genericpcata and put in extensions

I couldn't find it, so I didn't add it into the ISO...

Edit:

Well, I booted into the DVD again. And here are the two (suspicious) errors I got with booting with -f and -v.

(I wrote these down really fast; their very close, or exactly from what was displayed:

1) (date/time): Localhost Kext [47]:

Root filesystem is read-only, skipping kernel link data generation.

2) mkdir() failed to create Library/Logs with error; read-only file system.

Apparently OS X doesn't want to run on my computer. Then when I usually boot without the command, -f, I get the waiting for root device message.

I tried creating a new partition in gParted, and having a FAT32 partition there too. It's just not finding my hard drive...

If someone can help, I would just be ever so thankful!!! :)

Yes because the title is the core feature ofthe thread that helps the progression of the kext.

I'll upload the kext for you guys to test as well seeing as I've done all I can do without being able to test installation to the internal!. At the moment this won't help you install the internal unless you inject the kext into the iso which is what eddie11c is doing for me!

unzip and place the new kext file in your extensions folder

then In Terminal, type:

cd /System/Library/Extensions

sudo diskutil repairpermissions /

sudo chown -R root:wheel AppleVIAATA.kext

sudo chmod -R 755 AppleVIAATA.kext

cd /System/Library

sudo rm -rf Extensions.mkext Extensions.kextcache

then restart

@ impulsion: I use vistas BCD bootloader. If you install the bootloader even if your using XP with easyBCD then add Mac OS to the bootloader it should automatically pick up your USB hard drive. Alternatively there should be an option to select bootable drives on the first screen that appears when your laptop turns on?

I tried something new... I took that kext file, and burned it to the ISO... :)

Now, I heard that read/write is working. But, the speed of the hard drive is not the best. Well, it might not be in my case... You never now. I'm going to try to install Mac OS X internally now. I really do not have the MCP67 chipset, so the link that Bag posted will not work for me. I have better luck with this kext. Now, when I was in OS X, I opened up System Profiler, and highlighted some text, and right clicked it, then presses speech. Of course to test my audio. And, it worked! So, I do not thing sound will be a problem. This might work, and I could have OS X on my laptop very soon!

I'll keep you guys updated... Not a lot of people here tried it internally. But, if it works for me, with my nForce 506/MCP67, it'll probably work for you.

Thanks!

Edit:

Well after some hours of trying; OS X still shows the same error...

1) (date/time): Localhost Kextd [47]:

Root filesystem is read-only, skipping kernel link data generation.

2) mkdir() failed to create Library/Logs with error; read-only file system.

I tried booting with idlehalt=0 and cpus=1.

It just doesn't detect my hard drive... I've booted OS X with my Vista partition (NTFS), AND a 2GB blank partition.

It should of found it. There's something that's not letting it go through...

I added the kext into the extensions (with TransMac) folder as "AppleVIAATA.kext_2_", without the quotes of course.

Now, I could be doing something wrong. But, I'm pretty sure I did it all correct... :)

I just don't know what to do anymore. OS X isn't going to show up on this computer unless if someone creates a fully woking nForce 560 kext... Now, I did not get the, "waiting for root device", at all (I usually do...)! I think OS X can see my hard drive fine, but it just can't read/write to it. Even with that kext installed...

I used this kext:

Attached File(s)

Attached File AppleVIAATA.kext_2_.zip ( 132.72K )

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=752144

Has anyone got it working on the nForce 560? Too bad HP (for me) doesn't put an IDE mode in our BIOS... That would just fix it all. I don't want to "hack" my BIOS either. It's possible; but it would be much easier to find a working kext.

If someone creates a working one (with they testing it internally!), I'll be more than willing to put it in the Kalyway ISO, and test it for you all. But it's a long way until we get there... I just wish Medieval would help us out. He could do it...

well, its good to see that somebody still try to get leopard runing in this chipset :unsure:

i also have this chipset but i couldnt make leopard detect my hd, i didnt try that kext

well, i see that you dont have the waiting for root device, well i think that yes, the kext

really detect your hd but by the way, like the kext isnt designed for the chipset, it was an

"experiment" or something like that i think i read, the read/write speeds are very very low,

so i think thats why you have these errors :S

i only can wait until MeDevil want to try this chipset again :D

tnx

cya

well, its good to see that somebody still try to get leopard runing in this chipset :unsure:

i also have this chipset but i couldnt make leopard detect my hd, i didnt try that kext

well, i see that you dont have the waiting for root device, well i think that yes, the kext

really detect your hd but by the way, like the kext isnt designed for the chipset, it was an

"experiment" or something like that i think i read, the read/write speeds are very very low,

so i think thats why you have these errors :S

i only can wait until MeDevil want to try this chipset again :D

tnx

cya

Yes, Leopard is finding my hard drive. But, it cannot do anything with it because it doesn't have access to it. If someone just rewrote that kext I was using, we might be able to get it to work...

Yeah, I'm glad the waiting for root device went away. That was a great sign!

MeDevil could probably succeed with all the information in this thread. But, I'm not sure if he'll try it again. There's nothing I can do to get it working. I don't know how to develop kexts...

Hi guys!

I have an acer aspire 4520 with mcp67 chipset. You can reckon that I have for sometime last year and til early this sought help for our chipset. Its a pity that greenturtle and eddie abandoned the project.

I am just wondering because I have been using leo4all in this laptop for like half a year already and my internet connection is as stable as that of vista. In fact, I am writing this reply through safari leopard. the only prob that I have with this installation is my wifi, audio and video.

No, I do not....

I used the kext attached to this post:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=785103 (the first post)

And, I just put it in with transmac... There was no siliconvalley.kext or viaata.kext, so I didn't delete that kext....

And then I just deleted IOATABlockStorage.kext & IOATAPIProtocolTransport.kext in the IOATAfamily.kext folder...

I did it right, and still, it doesn't find my HD. I don't have any extra partitions on here (blank ones). But, it should of found the vista partition at least. Well, it doesn't work on mine... :)

And, which version did you use? I used Kalyway; the latest version...

theres one fault u make

pat attention to the text:

"Delete all the kexts 'except' IOATABlockStorage.kext & IOATAPIProtocolTransport.kext"

and u just delete it

so it wont work anyway

;)

anyway i'll help u

use this ioatafamily.kext just copy it

and use it

BTW i realise one problem

my laptop temperature really nuts

it got to 90°C

whew :(

IOATAFamily.kext.rar

theres one fault u make

pat attention to the text:

"Delete all the kexts 'except' IOATABlockStorage.kext & IOATAPIProtocolTransport.kext"

and u just delete it

so it wont work anyway

:D

anyway i'll help u

use this ioatafamily.kext just copy it

and use it

BTW i realise one problem

my laptop temperature really nuts

it got to 90°C

whew :)

Woops, sorry about that. Too much to type there.

No, I did not delete it. :) I meant to say that deleted the rest with saving those two... ;)

Now does that show you that I'm having problems... :D

Besides, that's for the MCP67; not for the nForce 560 / MCP67. :)

• 4 weeks later...

after adding the nforce 560 device id to the medevil nforceata.kext i got it to pick up my hard drive but there is a problem recognizing the partition table it seems. whenever i try to partition it stops at "creating partition table" and when i verify/repair any partitions i have on there, it says "invalid bs_impboot in boot block: 000000"

i hate being so close and so far at the same time...

i may have been less frustrated if it couldnt pick up my drive at all. it sees that its there, it can pick up on partitions, but it cant make an hfs+, or any type for that matter. macdrive wont make one on the same disk as my vista installation...

this is a free favor for my sister and seeing as how we are both broke students, an external drive is out of the question

does anybody know of any applications that can partition hfs+ from boot or from within vista x64? im hoping it just cant partition, because it sure as hell has read/write capabilities. ive destroyed multiple partitions trying to convert them

i was hoping it was just the mbr, but even a fresh parition with any partition table you can select fails...

or if anybody else has any other ideas please let me know

after adding the nforce 560 device id to the medevil nforceata.kext i got it to pick up my hard drive but there is a problem recognizing the partition table it seems. whenever i try to partition it stops at "creating partition table" and when i verify/repair any partitions i have on there, it says "invalid bs_impboot in boot block: 000000"

i hate being so close and so far at the same time...

i may have been less frustrated if it couldnt pick up my drive at all. it sees that its there, it can pick up on partitions, but it cant make an hfs+, or any type for that matter. macdrive wont make one on the same disk as my vista installation...

this is a free favor for my sister and seeing as how we are both broke students, an external drive is out of the question

does anybody know of any applications that can partition hfs+ from boot or from within vista x64? im hoping it just cant partition, because it sure as hell has read/write capabilities. ive destroyed multiple partitions trying to convert them

i was hoping it was just the mbr, but even a fresh parition with any partition table you can select fails...

or if anybody else has any other ideas please let me know

The only application I would say would be gParted, but that can only read HFS+... You might be able to do it with some partition s/w that will run on Windows. But I've never found one that'll do HFS+... The only app that might do it on Windows is MacDrive... :thumbsup_anim:

And by the way, I have the nForce 560 also... How did you get the Device ID for the 560 into Medieval's kext? If you could, can you upload your kext so I can put it on a DVD and see if it'll work for me. I'm desperate to find a way to get OS X on this machine... Would our Device ID's be that same? If they aren't, I have no clue on how to find mine....

Thanks!