Drivers For Realtek, Sigmatel, Cmedia, Analog Devices (SoundMAX) and Conexant.

machead5678

241 posts in this topic

Hi, noob here, after buggering about all morning without sound and installing umpteen drivers I got this thread and downloaded, lo and behold there is now an audio device in preferences and I now have sound!!! Big thanks. :censored2:

p.s - ECS 945 motherboard AC97'audio :rolleyes:

Hi,

I have a driver for Realtek, Sigmatel, Cmedia, Analog Devices (SoundMAX) and Conexant.

I have a SoundMAX (Analog Devices) card and it works perfectly.

I am running Mac OS X 10.4.8 (Tiger).

Please comment if it works.

All you have to do is download the attatchment. Unzip it and install it.

It got my SoundMAX card working with mac.

Thanks, Machead

Thanks mate! This worked great for me!

Your kexts got sound working on the following setup:

Intel DG41TY Motherboard

Intel E5200 Pentium Processor 2.5Ghz 2MB L2 Cache

2GB DDR2 PC-6400 800Mhz RAM

XxX 10.5.6 DVD Install

The audio chip on this board is the Realtek ALC888VC. The motherboard has 1 Audio Out, 1 Mic, and 1 Line-In on the rear of the motherboard. It has an HD-Audio header (not used in our setup) and an SPDIF header on the motherboard.

Audio Output is working -- that's all we cared about, didn't test the rest.

Your kexts got sound working on the following setup:

Intel DG41TY Motherboard

Intel E5200 Pentium Processor 2.5Ghz 2MB L2 Cache

2GB DDR2 PC-6400 800Mhz RAM

XxX 10.5.6 DVD Install

The audio chip on this board is the Realtek ALC888VC. The motherboard has 1 Audio Out, 1 Mic, and 1 Line-In on the rear of the motherboard. It has an HD-Audio header (not used in our setup) and an SPDIF header on the motherboard.

Audio Output is working -- that's all we cared about, didn't test the rest.

this gives me some hopes for alc888 on dg45id with hd codec disabled in bios. hope ac97 is detected. will see if pinouts change severely die to hdmi audio chanel. its IDT sound chip.. nevermind

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After quite some time struggling with my toshiba p100 - 103 with a conexant sound card (Device ID: 0x1179FF31) finally got it working! Tried everything, modded BIOS, dsdt patch and no sound what so ever, reading a post here someone told that with 2x2gb memory the sound didnt work, so I took one of my memories (had 2x1gb) and the sound works now!!! if anyone has this problem try it, worked for me :( Thanks for your help!!!

:) :)

• 2 weeks later...

loaded this on my Panasonic Toughbook Cf-19 and its working for output through speakers only.

No headphones or mic input, but at least I have sound!

iPC osx86 10.5.6 ppf5

vanilla kernel

SigmaTelTM STAC9751 AC-97 v.2.2 Compliant Audio Codec

Thanks a lot for this!!

Todd

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i´m from Portugal.

After many days trying install my soundcard i give up. I´ve allready tried everything that I read in insanelymac.

Please help me

My soundcard ia a Realtek R1.67 (I think so) and my laptop have Leopard iATKOS 5i 10.5.5

Please help me and explain how to do step by step because i´m not used to mac.

(Sorry my english)

just in case kleos@iol.pt

I have a mac running on my hp pavilion dv6000 right now.

i am currently running on mac os x leopard 10.5.7.

does anyone know which one of these files i should download so that the sound works for me on my laptop?

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Dell XPS 410, enabled sound in System Preferences, although nothing actually plays. Unfortunate, thanks but this should have a notice for Tiger only!

Leopard 10.5.2

It is working for leopard users, so tiger and leopard compatible.

Hello, I sorry to you, but I do not know if you wrote it here. But not my headphones that are connected to the front of the computer connector. I installed your driver, but still it is not. Please help me. I have a CPU - Intel Pentium D805 , RAM - 2GB DDR2, VGA - ATi HD3870, Motherboard - ASUS P5PL2 - Intel 945PL chipset. OS - iATKOS 10.5.7. Sorry for my bad English. I translated in Google Translator :-D.

Hi,

I have a driver for Realtek, Sigmatel, Cmedia, Analog Devices (SoundMAX) and Conexant.

I have a SoundMAX (Analog Devices) card and it works perfectly.

I am running Mac OS X 10.4.8 (Tiger).

Please comment if it works.

All you have to do is download the attatchment. Unzip it and install it.

It got my SoundMAX card working with mac.

Thanks, Machead

Does this work for the mic and headphone inputs in the front of the computers? I have a Toshiba Satellite a135-s4677 and the sound hardware (from OSX86_Tools) is:

00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller [8086:27d8] (rev 02)

I tried the VoodooHDA but no headphones or mic, and I've just installed Azalea and same problem. Although I must say Azalea is a lot louder... Any thoughts?

Thanks!!

Hi..

i'm install hackintosh from ToH..but Audio on my PC is not stereo, my device audio is cmedia...i try to install this driver but audio still not stereo.. :P

anyone can solve this problem??..please help me..

I searched for the drivers and I found out that to hear stereo you have to change the frequency of the audio to 48KHz I think it was under application->Utilities->audio midi something like that