10.4.3 LiveCD ALMOST Complete

REVENGE

71 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

UPDATE: Project is currently not making any progress, even though work is being done. Reason: DRX has run into legal issues (SHOCK), so he is modifying the process to avoid these issues. Stay tuned for more.

• 2 months later...

*sigh, well folks it looks like DrX is officially "dead" or sued out of his ass from what I suspect. I haven't been truely active in OSX86 stuff for months now. However, if there is still a lot of interest in a "Live" cd system, I think I can try and pickup where he left off... Your opinion please:

Ah great, now it looks like ill have to take another trip down to that one pirate's bay and get myself a copy of JaS's latest release again. :( So, if i decide to start again, look for a new thread in one of the dev forums.

Interesting...I wanted to do something like this a while back, but it never really got of the ground. I remeber dabbling with Charle's Pre-release version of BootCD, and attempting to add in all the relevant files and whatnot...never got too far though. This was way back in the 10.4.1 days...maybe I'll try to install 10.4.6 again and help you out! :P

Thanks Mr. Bond. As soon as I get 10.4.6 up and running somewhere, I'll make this a project under dev sections. Also, FYI Charles has stopped all development on BootCD for Tiger. He may resume again for Leopard, but right now it seems like we're alone in the dark ^^.

Thankyou mindslip, but right now i need to get this damned thing to my windows partition. This has proved to be an exceptional challenge due to the fact that FAT32 cannot accept files bigger than 4 gb. I've obtained stuffit and im splitting it right now.

There are plenty of nix type partitions that both mac and xp can read with open source software..

Do some reaserch. Look around on source forge, I cant remember the project name.

eric

Thanks Mr. Bond. As soon as I get 10.4.6 up and running somewhere, I'll make this a project under dev sections. Also, FYI Charles has stopped all development on BootCD for Tiger. He may resume again for Leopard, but right now it seems like we're alone in the dark ^^.

No worries, Revenge. I think I still have one of the Tiger Beta's he sent me, so like I said before, that can easily be used as a starting point. Creating a bootCD for PPC and x86 is generally the same, with the exception of things like Rosetta, decrypted binaries, etc...