Your favorite meda center software!

~pcwiz

Your favorite media center software  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite media center software?

• Windows Media Center
    • MediaPortal
    • XBMC (XBOX Media Center)
    • FrontRow
    • AppleTV (BackRow)
    • SesamTV Media Center
    • Nero Home
    • Other (please post what it is)

12 posts in this topic

First of all, I could not find a different place to put this. We seriously need a general Opinions and Polls forum for general stuff rather than it being Apple specific. Now onto the real stuff:

What is your favorite media center software? Vote using the poll and share any other opnions you have. Heres my answer:

Windows Media Center. Yeah yeah tease all you like, but it is the most advanced and at the same time good looking media center software I have ever used. MediaPortal comes in second with its wide array of plugins and extensions but it doesn't have the same cool feel as WMC. I've also used FrontRow as well, and its pretty good too, but sort of minimalist (well its Apple, whats to be expected :P)

I haven't tried XBMC although I do hear very good things about it :)

Share your opinions :)

I see :) The 360 theme for XBMC looks especially terrific:

xbmc360.png

EDIT: And heres a pic of Windows Media Center for those who haven't seen it before:

vista08.jpg

And the Vista version of Media Center has a better looking interface than the XP Media Center :D

Mezzmo looks cool for a program, but its just a program like Windows Media Player, basically a Windows media organizer. It doesn't have the full screen capabilities and special effects that the other media centers do. But as a program its pretty nice :) Reminds me a lot of iTunes :P

I've had XBMC on my xbox for years, and I love it. The only reason I'm even starting to think about replacing it is because I want something with true HD playback.

I tried XBMC for OS X. I didn't like it. I didn't understand how to organize it. And I'm big on organizing my media. So I stayed with Front Row. It's pretty easy and already organized cause of iTunes.

• 2 weeks later...