*UPDATE* Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.2 V.2 for AMD installation process

ka911

119 posts in this topic

I installed leopard using zephyroth's dvd and although it istalled, fine , or so i thought, it will not boot. Even if the DVD is in the drive it wont boot into leopard.

When the disk is in it just goes back into the installer

Hello all!

Zephy, if you're listening, another great release!

Installation is smooth sailing. HAve to boot with -x "Graphics Mode" to bypass the assistant at first boot.

MY probs are as follows.

1) Network shares do not connect thru finder. I know this was a problem on Leo4All, but I didn't have the same problem with your last release. The solution I found was here. solution

2) Looks like you're using the rt2500replug for rt2500wirelessusb. I've had no luck with that. In addition I have to always reinstall the driver from prasys and manually edit the strings for linksys wusb54g. Software replug doesn't work though, so I have to resort to a manual un/replug.

3) Graphics. Never. I guess I chose the wrong card sapphire x1650 pcie (7c17x1002), but I needed low profile for my machine. Every method I tried (kozlowski, backb, maclovin) results in kernel panics or blank screens dvi or vga modes.

4) All 'invisible' files and folders are visible in the root folder. ??? I had to manually hide them. I still can't get the sym links (var, etc, tmp) to hide.

5) Included Ext2FS not working for me, still trying to configure to work read with ubuntu. But thanks for preloading ntfs-3g!

I've made progress installing Zephyroth 10.5.2 (Rev2). I managed to complete the installation onto my hard drive. However, if I attempt to boot my system without the Install DVD, all I get is the blinking cursor on black screen. I've tried installing the bootloader by using these steps:

fdisk -e /dev/rdiskX --->(X is the number of your HD, if you have only on its 0)

update

f X --->(X is the number of the partition where you installed Leopard)

w

q

reboot

After doing this, I still need the Installation DVD to boot (otherwise just get the blinking cursor), but I am able to boot the HD image and Leopard runs prety well (no USB support yet though). How can I make it so that the Install DVD is not required?

Well, I've now regressed. I installed the iPhone SDK and when it was done installing, I got this transparent window in the middle of my screen that told me (in 4 different languages) that I had to reboot my system. It told me to hold the power button for some number of seconds or press my restart button. I did this, and now I can no longer boot. Each time I boot from the hard disk, I get this message. I can, of course, boot to single user mode from the DVD, but the installation of the iPhone SDK must have somehow trashed my ability to boot the HD. Any suggestions?I've just googled's and learned that one should NOT install the CHUD tools (of the iPhone SDK) on osx86. Oh well. I guess I have to reinstall OS/X. Bummer.

I'm now having no luck reinstalling Leopard. If you've been following my postings, I did have it running fine on this hardware until I installed the CHUD tools as part of the iPhone SDK install. That caused a kernel panic and I've had to completely reinstall Leopard.

I'm trying to reinstall, and unlike the first time that (eventually) ended in success. I decided to follow someone's suggestion on the forum and select the 9.2.0 kernel. It warned me that SSE3 was required, but I believe my system supports SSE3. I deselected the language packages, selected the three file systems, selected the MBR single boot option and let it rip. I was never able to boot the installed system despite lots of attempts, always ending up with a "unknown SIGSEGV code 0 error. So I figured that perhaps the 9.2.0 kernel was no good for my system (and when I had successfully installed the system before, I hadn't selected that kernel).

So I tried again, wiping my disk clean first and repartitioning it to two partitions rather than 4, because when I had it partitiioned with 4, only two had been recognized in my previous install, and therefore losing 1/2 of my 250GB disk. This time, I installed with the same options as before, but without the 9.2.0 kernel, and without the language extensions, and with the MBR single boot. Each time, I would hang with "about 1 minute" remaining. I followed instructions found on this forum and simply restarted the install. I selected the same options and it hung again. Third time, same thing. Fourth time, I didn't select any options at all, leaving only the first checkbox checked and all the others unchecked (that was what was presented to me). This time, the install completed fine. However, I could not boot from the hard drive, so booted from DVD and went into single user mode. I updated the MBR and marked the disk partiion as active and tried again. No boot. So I booted from DVD and selected rd=disk0s2 -v -f -x and again failed with an unknown SIGSEGV code 0.

Here are the last few messages on my screen:

localhost kextd[13]: loaded version 2.4 of module com.apple.iokit.IOPCFamily differs from requested version 2.4.1

localhost kextd[13]: a link/load error occured for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/IONDRVSupport.kext

localhost kextd[9]: can't find extension with id com.apple.iokit.IONDRVSupport

CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p24[loginwindow] cleaning CS_VALID

CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p22[mds] clearning CS_VALID

localhost fseventsd[28]: logdir: /.fseventsd getting new uuid: F589CA88-A1EB-44E9-99D0-E7466D67CB29

unkonwn SIGSEGV code 0

Anyone have any suggestions for me?

Whenever I put the CD in and press enter, I get the following statement:

"System config file '/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist' not found"

and then it just goes back to the original "press whatever blah blah blah" screen

SOMEBODY HELP ME! I NEED TO USE THE IPHONE SDK SO BADLY! PLEASE

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I've got a totally different problem during install w/Leopard Zephyroth. Thanx for all the hard work in developing this release but I Burned 2 install disks w/Nero 8.1. One at 4x and the other @ 2x. My problem is although this build says "PS2 controller problem is fixed" I can navigate only 1 time out of 10 when trying to install to my 120gb Maxtor IDE hdd.

Anyone know of a work- around for this problem?

MB: ECS NForce6m-a version 2 MB.

Bios: Phoenix

CPU: AMD Athlon 64X2 Dual core 6000+

memory: 4gb dual channel DDR2

Sound: Built n Sigma Tel Audio HD

Video: NVidia GForce 8500GT

HDD: IDE Maxtor 120gb (Master)

HDD: SATA Maxtor 320gb (Master)

DVD ROM: LG 18x CD/DVD Recorder

Mouse (Wired): Kensington Expert Mouse PS2 convertor on usb plug

Keyboard (Wired): 102 key PS2

Also, which components should I install with this config? (Don't want to risk not being able to navigate again)

Help would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

i have sum question

plz answer....

need ur help

i just want install mac os leopard 10.5.2 rev 2 *may be*, Zephyroth for AMD

my laptop spec :

AMD Turion 64 x2 TL-56 1.9ghz

Ram 2gb

Nforce chip

Nvidia GeForce Go 7150

broadcom

SATA HDD 120gb

my problem is, no detect harddisk in disk utily ??

any sugest ??

plz help me..

• 1 month later...

Hey ka911!

Well first of all i would like to say that i found your guide very usefull :)

i m new in this and everything went fine!

From now on i have on my pc leopard and i m so happy :wacko:

My Pc Specs is:

Cpu:AMD athlon 64 x2

MB: Gigabyte K8N Pro Sli (nforce 4)

Ram : 2 GB Kingston

HD : 2 Sata HD 120 GB each one

Graphic Card : nvidia 6600

by the way i would like to ask you...in the guide you have a theme...where can i find similar themes...and how can i install them!

Thnak you 4 all!

Hi all,

i searched for my problem but i didnt find it anywhere.

If I try to install Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.2 V.2 on my machine

the grey apple screen appears after I hit enter.

Then, after about 30 secs there is some kind of symbol, like a "now way" symbol...

But now the amazing part, if I start the DVD with -v there is no diagnostic message, it seems that the machine is in a endless process...it loads and loads and always new lines of text appear. After 45 minutes I quit manually.

My System:

Asus A8N-E (I know that with this method it should work)

Athlon 4000+

Geforce 7800GT

1x IDE 80 GB & 1x SATA 320 GB

1x Samsung DVD (IDE) & 1x Samsung DVD (USB)

Any Ideas`?

• 1 month later...
you think so! :( . how is your Leopard doing? I hope you have everything working out for you.

I'm sorry I don't think I ever replied to you...It's doing good got Zephyroth Leo 10.5.2 V1 working had to get a new mobo because the foxconn was the absolute worst mobo for osx86!

As you can see from my sig QE/CI, USB, IDE, SATA, sound all work!

Only Photoshop 10.0.1 and Lightroom 1.4.1 crash a lot. don't know why...

I'd try Zephyroth 10.5.2 V2 but I can't find it on rapidshare!

I followed you guide but When i boot i get a Blinking "_" i know its a known issue the -s stuff didnt work it gave me "still waiting for root device" Single boot not dual boot

Now i get a thing that says i have to reboot but i reboot the same thing comes up

• 6 months later...
hi guys,

I did this very fast and I'm still working on how to make is more easier to use, so keep up with me guys.

I will update this document frequently, if any changes are needed.

Please feel free to post your comments, if you have any difficulties. Your feedback is welcome.

Enjoy!!!!!

download the guide!

download update Monday 17, 2008

I was wondering if there is any way that you can describe the process to create a dual boot after the installation of Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.2 V.2 for AMD. If you don't know how to do so, but you know where I could, it would be great if you could send me the link that shows me how to. Any help is apprecieted.