*UPDATE* Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.2 V.2 for AMD installation process

ka911

119 posts in this topic

Can I do that with a laptop? Look at the specs: http://google3-cnet.com.com/laptops/hp-pav....html?tag=specs

sorry, my installation guide for PC! try to find (search) for some one have the same laptop who install Leopard and see what they have changed to make it work. good luck.

or

you can try to install leopard from external DVD or HD!

yes, because I do have 2 DVD drives one as Master and the other as Slave (I can't load leo with it and when I change it to Slave I can load the Leo installation DVD)

While the swapping of master and slave MAY work for some people, it doesn't work for others. It had no effect for me, and I was still getting the "waiting for root device" errors. I managed to get past this (a little) by updating the installation DVD with updated kexts for ATI SB600 (southbridge chipset) support. But now, although installation gets further, I get TONS of errors reading the DVD and can never get to the install UI. I'm going to buy another DVD player and see if this makes any difference.

While the swapping of master and slave MAY work for some people, it doesn't work for others. It had no effect for me, and I was still getting the "waiting for root device" errors. I managed to get past this (a little) by updating the installation DVD with updated kexts for ATI SB600 (southbridge chipset) support. But now, although installation gets further, I get TONS of errors reading the DVD and can never get to the install UI. I'm going to buy another DVD player and see if this makes any difference.
you are right not all the DVD drives will work by swapping. the thing about updating your Leo DVD with new kext files you need to fix the permissions of the files, thats way you will have error when it loading the dvd.
ka911 thanks!!
No Problem!

I have osx 10.5.2 V2 up and running but I need the sound drivers for the creative soundblaster xfi xtrememusic can some one give me a link for the driver for it thanks.

as far as i know, creative soundchips are not supported by apple, thus no drivers.

(i kicked my audigy as well)

"I've tried them 'all"

My setup:

- Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe

- AMD X2 3800+

- Nvidia Geforce 8600GT 256mb. (DDR2 and not DDR3)

To make it 'short'; I tried punk92, nvinstaller31,33,v4, on tiger, leopard.

Now I've installd 10.5.2 v2.

I editted various combinations with

= NVDARESMAN

= NVDANV50 and/or without

= NVDANV40 and or withouth

= NVANV30 and or without

= NVinject

and Geforce.kext replacing with my device 0x040210de (without & thing)

Doing chmod 755 isnt always a good thing , since repairPermissions re-changes it. So I am carefull with that.

chown root:wheel doesnt change when vi-in in -s mode.

But I do check always.

Then the in the /System/Library/Extenstions/ directory I do:

rm -rdf ../Caches

rm -rdf /Caches

rm -rdf ../Extentions.mkext

then I do the reboot and cross my fingers.

post-196397-1205770975_thumb.jpg

:P

During boot under Nvinject section , I dont see my device.

Only once, I've been able to see it, but i saw a incomplete Leopard background because of a blackbar.

Now it does load window manager but see nothing, but Ive heard "itś eight o'clock"....so it starts properly the windowmanager.

I plugged a monitor on my VGA out (I use DVI) but no signal at all. :P

I have to admit that this is weird, especially that my girlfriend succeeded with a 7300GS on her Nforce4 without editting anything any kext! :blink:

Could it be the DDR2 memory on my Geforce card?

Prior under windows it showed shared memory and added it till 1024 MB...

If anybody has an idea?

(A during my writing the download of the 40 mb pdf install manual finisched...would it give a hint...)

"I've tried them 'all"

My setup:

- Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe

- AMD X2 3800+

- Nvidia Geforce 8600GT 256mb. (DDR2 and not DDR3)

To make it 'short'; I tried punk92, nvinstaller31,33,v4, on tiger, leopard.

Now I've installd 10.5.2 v2.

I editted various combinations with

= NVDARESMAN

= NVDANV50 and/or without

= NVDANV40 and or withouth

= NVANV30 and or without

= NVinject

and Geforce.kext replacing with my device 0x040210de (without & thing)

Doing chmod 755 isnt always a good thing , since repairPermissions re-changes it. So I am carefull with that.

chown root:wheel doesnt change when vi-in in -s mode.

But I do check always.

Then the in the /System/Library/Extenstions/ directory I do:

rm -rdf ../Caches

rm -rdf /Caches

rm -rdf ../Extentions.mkext

then I do the reboot and cross my fingers.

post-196397-1205770975_thumb.jpg

:P

During boot under Nvinject section , I dont see my device.

Only once, I've been able to see it, but i saw a incomplete Leopard background because of a blackbar.

Now it does load window manager but see nothing, but Ive heard "itś eight o'clock"....so it starts properly the windowmanager.

I plugged a monitor on my VGA out (I use DVI) but no signal at all. :P

I have to admit that this is weird, especially that my girlfriend succeeded with a 7300GS on her Nforce4 without editting anything any kext! :P

Could it be the DDR2 memory on my Geforce card?

Prior under windows it showed shared memory and added it till 1024 MB...

If anybody has an idea?

(A during my writing the download of the 40 mb pdf install manual finisched...would it give a hint...)

here what you need to do! go to NVinject website and search overthere what the best patch it will work for you card! I did that and I found out in Leopard 15.2.1 I had to use Leo_Only_NVinject 0.3.1. good luck

Hi guys, im having a problem

For the very first time i can see the apple logo on my notebook msi gx610

it starts to load the instalation with the apple logo and the loader at the botton, all great to this point, then shows up a gray screen, and then just all purple squares like an error, (if you need i can upload a picture later), i think is a video issue, the video card is an ati hd2600, i tryed connecting another monitor (since this video card has and adaptor) but is giving me the same problem, so i cant install =(

could someone help me? is there a way to change te resolution on darwin? or something, what can i do?

thnx you so much guys, see you

Add: I allready try changing the resolution on darwin using "graphics Mode"="640x480x16" and others but still im having the same issue, so i have no idea on what to do, plz, help me guys

also tryed instaling using -x -f -v, this workout but now it frezze on the lenguage selection screen =) always something bad =(

hi guys,

I just upload a new document with more details! so, if you want to give it a try and see the difference! To download the document you need to go to the first page and download it from there

Enjoy!

PS: I don't know who is in-charge over here if they want to keep my document over here or movie!!!!

yes..I made 3 copis of " rev.2 "from both os x 10.5. 2 and vista.

and they are havin the same issue..

on the other hand, 10.5.2 rev.1 works fine..

I have issue with my SATA hd, but I am sure 10.5. 1 rev.1 dvd works, coz I can getinto the installtion..

10.5.2 rev 2. doesn't go anywhere ,,stoped at the apple logo..

Sounds crazy but I got the same issue and when I moved my mouse around it started the dvdrom up again to continue with the install.

Sounds crazy but I got the same issue and when I moved my mouse around it started the dvdrom up again to continue with the install.

but do you have your Leopard running in the end?

i am having some serious issues with this still waiting for root device bs. no matter what i try i still keep getting this message and it just sits there and does nothing! only version i actually got to load and install is zephyroth 10.5.2 v.1 but it runs like poop. i've tried leo4all with no success. any input would be greatly appreciated!!! i just want something that works! can anyone help?

i am having some serious issues with this still waiting for root device bs. no matter what i try i still keep getting this message and it just sits there and does nothing! only version i actually got to load and install is zephyroth 10.5.2 v.1 but it runs like poop. i've tried leo4all with no success. any input would be greatly appreciated!!! i just want something that works! can anyone help?

Try to use external DVD drive and see if you have the same issue! I have my laptop that it give me a hard time reading some of my burned DVDs, for that I had to use external DVD Drive to install Leopard. Good luck!

try to boot with -v and see what type of error you have!

Anyone have this problem:

Installed ok, and will start as long as I say "boot from CD", wait for the countdown timer and do nothing, and then let it start... BUT, with no DVD in the drive and just trying to boot from the HDD (even using F8 to select the HDD), it just freezes and does nothing (won't boot).

Used Rev 2 disc, installed to an MBR partition table/HFS+ formatted drive; no other operating system loaded on the drive (I have WinXP on a seperate, physical HDD). I have 4 partitions on the MBR boot drive, one of which is FAT32, if that matters.

Like I said, if I leave CD in and say I'm booting from that, but then leave it alone, it boots fine from the HDD... otherwise, no go... ideas?

Anyone have this problem:Installed ok, and will start as long as I say "boot from CD", wait for the countdown timer and do nothing, and then let it start... BUT, with no DVD in the drive and just trying to boot from the HDD (even using F8 to select the HDD), it just freezes and does nothing (won't boot).Used Rev 2 disc, installed to an MBR partition table/HFS+ formatted drive; no other operating system loaded on the drive (I have WinXP on a seperate, physical HDD). I have 4 partitions on the MBR boot drive, one of which is FAT32, if that matters.Like I said, if I leave CD in and say I'm booting from that, but then leave it alone, it boots fine from the HDD... otherwise, no go... ideas?

have you try to start from cd and open terminal, type:

diskutil list - hit Enter

fdisk -e /dev/rdiskX (X=disk number)

pf 1 (space between, 1 means partition number)

write

y (works after reboot)

exit

this will fix your mbr and make it activate. Now your PC will reboot direct from mbr disk without dvd.

as i stated in previous post, i have "still waiting for root device" and it does nothing! i can't get past this pointpost-173464-1205854616_thumb.jpg
did you ever tried to install Leopard with VMWare? give it a try!