*UPDATE* Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.2 V.2 for AMD installation process

ka911

119 posts in this topic

ka911 - I will try that. Should I do this terminal action from the booted leopard desktop, or do you mean from the installer, then go into terminal? Or does it not matter?

it will be good to do it from the installer so you can see what is your partition name when you type diskutil list. But if you know for sure what is your Leopard partition name you can hit F8 when you reboot your PC and type -s then hit enter again and you can do the command code

I mean... I am in Leopard. With the dock. Desktop. Finder. Disk Utility. Folders. etc.

Can I just use terminal in Leopard to do it, and it will work when I reboot (assuming that's the solution?)

I mean... I am in Leopard. With the dock. Desktop. Finder. Disk Utility. Folders. etc.

Can I just use terminal in Leopard to do it, and it will work when I reboot (assuming that's the solution?)

I never had this problem! so give it a try.

what?? its not a problem. I said I can boot to Leopard VIA cd. Just asking where I should perform this task in the terminal.So I booted into install disk and i'm in the installer instead now, and I opened terminal.First, the disk list/identifer is different here than it is in Leopard. In Leopard my disk is disk5s1, here in the installer it is disk2s1So I type what you said and I hit enter after fdisk -e /dev/rdisk2s1Was I suppose to hit enter there? Because I though I was suppose to go the next line to enter what you wrote? or does that all stay on one line?Anyway, I hit enter and it says "the signature for this MBR is invalid. Would you like to initialize the partition table? [y]"Umm what does that mean, did I do something wrong, what do I do?and will i lose any data

what?? its not a problem. I said I can boot to Leopard VIA cd. Just asking where I should perform this task in the terminal.So I booted into install disk and i'm in the installer instead now, and I opened terminal.First, the disk list/identifer is different here than it is in Leopard. In Leopard my disk is disk5s1, here in the installer it is disk2s1So I type what you said and I hit enter after fdisk -e /dev/rdisk2s1Was I suppose to hit enter there? Because I though I was suppose to go the next line to enter what you wrote? or does that all stay on one line?Anyway, I hit enter and it says "the signature for this MBR is invalid. Would you like to initialize the partition table? [y]"Umm what does that mean, did I do something wrong, what do I do?and will i lose any data

just stop!

I can read that you are in Leopard with you Leopard DVD in your Drive! I'm asking you to reboot your PC

Boot with the DVD and use -s at boot load.

type:

sudo -s

fdisk -e /dev/rdiskX --->(X is the number of your HD, if you have only on its 0)

update

f X --->(X is the number of the partition where you installed Leopard)

w

q

reboot

*Edit*

you can use this link for known issues

http://osx86.wikidot.com/known-issues

**** UPDATED POST ****

where exactly do I and do I not press enter? So do I hit enter before every new line?

Also, how can I confirm which disk is which now? I have 6 HDDs.

Also, will I lose any data this way?

**** UPDATED POST ****

**** UPDATED POST ****

ok when asked to boot from CD, I hit F8 then -s

text came up, and now I have prompt:-sh-3.2#

what do I do now? How do I confirm which disk is which, and where exactly do I and do I not press enter? Also, will I lose any data this way?

So do I hit enter before every new line?

Also, how can I confirm which disk is which now? I have 6 HDDs.

**** UPDATED POST ****

ok, lets start over!!!!

1. make sure you have the Leopard Installation DVD in your DVD drive

2. restart your PC

3. when you see Leopard loading and You'll be prompted to press any key to start the installation (hit F8), type -v -x at the boot prompt and hit enter

4. your Leopard Installation will start, when you see the welcome screen go to Utilities in the menu bar and select Terminal

5. in the terminal type diskutil list - hit Enter

6. you will see all of your HD plus partitions (here where you see you Leopard Partition) write down your Volume name and disk identifier info (example Disk0s1)

7. in the terminal type diskutil umount diskXsx - replace Xsx with our Volume name and disk identifier info [EXAMPLE:(diskutil umount disk 0s1)

8. Type /usr/misc/script.sh Leopard (hit Enter)

if this it does not work try this (again in the Leopard installation Terminal type)

fdisk -e /dev/rdiskX --->(X is the number of your HD, if you have only on its 0) hit enter

type update (hit enter)

type f X --->(X is the number of the partition where you installed Leopard) hit enter

type w (hit enter)

type q (hit enter)

Type reboot (hit enter)

Thank you very much for the detailed instructions, that helps a LOT.

Unfortunately, neither of those methods worked, nor did the method of hitting f8, -s boot and entering those instrucions work. I still stop at the blinking cursor.

I am going to try to reinstall again, but change the # of partitions from 4 to 3. Any other thoughts/ideas in the meantime?

Interestingly enough, only having 3 partitions solved the problem. One of the three was FAT32, that didn't matter.

If I remember reading correctly, MBR only supports 4 primary partitions, and apple needs one of them for the boot or something like that... so you can up to three MBR primary partitions. Guess that was the problem. Thanks for all the SUPER help!!

Interestingly enough, only having 3 partitions solved the problem. One of the three was FAT32, that didn't matter.

If I remember reading correctly, MBR only supports 4 primary partitions, and apple needs one of them for the boot or something like that... so you can up to three MBR primary partitions. Guess that was the problem. Thanks for all the SUPER help!!

good to know its working for you!

I done everything that you said but i can`t boot my leopard. I get some msg something boot.plist not found

you mean "/com.apple.Boot.plist cannot be found"

can you post your hardware so we can help you out! may be your image got corrupted when you burn it.

I burn image on lowest speed.

HP Pavilion dv8387ea

AMD 64 Turion ML-40 2.2GHz

2GB DDR2

2x80GB HDD

Realtek 8139 Lan

ATI Radeon Xpress 200M

My instalation iz succesful but after instalation i can`t boot in leopard, I try with -v, -x ...etc but nothing

only one time I boot in Mac but that was Tiger 10.4.8 AMD JaS, i realy don`t know what to do

I burn image on lowest speed.

HP Pavilion dv8387ea

AMD 64 Turion ML-40 2.2GHz

2GB DDR2

2x80GB HDD

Realtek 8139 Lan

ATI Radeon Xpress 200M

My instalation iz succesful but after instalation i can`t boot in leopard, I try with -v, -x ...etc but nothing

only one time I boot in Mac but that was Tiger 10.4.8 AMD JaS, i realy don`t know what to do

try to boot and hit F8 then select your Leopard HD and then type

-v -x hit enter

see what issue you have

ok so i tried to load v.1 and v.2 into vmware, no success! it keeps gettin stuck at still waiting for root device. tried to load with cpus=1, v.1 goes further then has a ton of kernel panics, v.2 gets stuck at still waiting for root device.

question 1. how should i set up vmware?

2. how should i try to boot zephyroth installer?

ok so i tried to load v.1 and v.2 into vmware, no success! it keeps gettin stuck at still waiting for root device. tried to load with cpus=1, v.1 goes further then has a ton of kernel panics, v.2 gets stuck at still waiting for root device.

question 1. how should i set up vmware?

2. how should i try to boot zephyroth installer?

Try this steps maybe it will work for you!

STEP 1 get Alcohol 120%

STEP 2 get vmware workstation/server

STEP 3 get mac os x leopard install dvd

STEP 4 create iso image of leopard install dvd

STEP 5 mount the iso image in Alcohol 120%

STEP 6 start vmware go to create new virtual machine

STEP 7 go through the steps and go through trial and error to see which ones better

STEP 8 finish the create new virtual machine wizard

STEP 9 configure extra options if needed

STEP 10 go to your config file of your virtual machine where you stored it. OPEN IT IN NOTEPAD

STEP 11 go to the line ide1:0.present = "TRUE"

ide1:0.fileName = "n:"

ide1:0.deviceType = "cdrom-raw"

STEP 12 where ide1:0.fileName = is replace the "n:" with your virtual drive letter

STEP 13 overwrite the current file with the file you just edited by saving it with the same name and extension (.vmx)

STEP 14 go back to vmware press start machine and if the procedure i writ is possible you should come to the leopard installer and choose your steps see if it works and vualla!

AND FINALY STEP 15 IF ALL GOES WELL ENJOY!

hi I don't have the tab for do a partition on the screen with disk utility and i can't select the option for master boot record .

The install is good but no reboot without the dvd in the machine .

I have make a lot of test .Can you help me ?

Hi could someone help me? i manage to get to the lenguage selection screen, but when i press the arrow button it frezze, in fact the mouse change to the spining ball and stays there like forever i guest (couldnt say for shure i allways restart after 10 minutes or something like that) what can i do?

to be able to get to that screen i have to boot using -v -f -x

using also 10.5.2 R1

thnxs

my sistem is

msi gx 610

turion 64 x2

Ati HD2600

I was installed Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.2 rev1 and few days after rev2 and release Leo4All. There was same problem on each release. Install went smootly no any problem. The problem is VERY slow boot of the system. Time to load to desktop take about 5-6minutes. When start PC, gray Apple logo with spinnig loader stay for about 2min. and then appear black screen(at time to time the screen is blue). This screen stay for about 4min with no disk activity at most of the time. After this 4min desktop appear and the system is ok and fast, internet, sound, video are ok and so on.

How can I fix slow boot and this black screen?

My system:

Athlon x2 4200+ am2

Epox mf4 ultra3(NF4 chipset)

2gb Ram

ATA HDD maste

ATA DVD slave

Lan 3com9btx

7600gs 256

sound on board acl'97

usb mouse + keyboard

ok 1 question, i created a 5 gig virtual drive but i can't see it, it's not mounted! vmware shows it but windows doesn't see it. therefore i have no drive letter for it. where do i find this?
First of all, you did all the steps and now you have Leopard Installation DVD running! this by it self good news!!now about the HD you need more than just 5gb for future use, and format the V. HD so your Leopard can see it.
hi I don't have the tab for do a partition on the screen with disk utility and i can't select the option for master boot record .The install is good but no reboot without the dvd in the machine .I have make a lot of test .Can you help me ?
see the pic below.
I was installed Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.2 rev1 and few days after rev2 and release Leo4All. There was same problem on each release. Install went smootly no any problem. The problem is VERY slow boot of the system. Time to load to desktop take about 5-6minutes. When start PC, gray Apple logo with spinnig loader stay for about 2min. and then appear black screen(at time to time the screen is blue). This screen stay for about 4min with no disk activity at most of the time. After this 4min desktop appear and the system is ok and fast, internet, sound, video are ok and so on.How can I fix slow boot and this black screen?My system:Athlon x2 4200+ am2Epox mf4 ultra3(NF4 chipset)2gb RamATA HDD masteATA DVD slaveLan 3com9btx7600gs 256sound on board acl'97usb mouse + keyboard
Boot with -V for verbose mode. You should see text messages in place of the usual gray screen that you see in the early boot process. Among those text messages, do you see any that look like an error message, or are repeated several times?

post-82265-1205930057_thumb.png

and no, neither version of zephyroth would load the installer, nore would leo4all. i did manage to get tiger 10.4.8 to load installer but it doesn't see my sata drive. would you have any suggestions? i'm currently loading it in vmware as we speak to see if i can install it to my hfs+ partition

HTT: 2 cores per package; 2logical cpus per package

local APIC version not 0x14 as expected

Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components;

use only one style.

Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement" has imediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components;

use only one style.

devfs_make_node: not ready for device!

devfs_make_node: not ready for device!

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x001A94113):Kernel trap at .......................

i got this this error, can someone help