Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P/DS3R/DS4 Driver Installer 10.5.2

~pcwiz

50 posts in this topic

I have to say, Nice work PCWiz. I used the SATA driver for now on DS3P Rev 1.1 on a ToH install. I may use netkas's kernel but I think I like sleep better than shutdown ;)

I have to say, Nice work PCWiz. I used the SATA driver for now on DS3P Rev 1.1 on a ToH install. I may use netkas's kernel but I think I like sleep better than shutdown :(

U can have both, check my sig.Our chipset are the same.

My install went smooth as silk, Wiz, great job.

Smooth as silk, that is, until I tried to do GFX-EFI for my Geforce 8800GT (256meg version) using Agrafuese's tutorial. Now I get a black screen on boot. I think I'll try another method to get this thing working. Maybe the NVinstaller...

Black screen may be due to wrong kernel. You are probably running 10.5.2 with 10.5.1 kernel.

Just wait few minutes when you get that black screen, it should boot up in Leo after a few minutes.

Then issue in Terminal: uname -a

And report back what you got.

Hope this helps!

Ok, somehow I really borked things, so I started over. Kalyway 10.5.1 (using MBR, only the two Vanilla Kernels and MBR bootloader selected), then Kalyway 10.5.2 Combo Installer, Kalyway kernels package (went with the Speedstep). I then ran your driver installer-- I have the GA-EP35-DS3R. Ethernet is fine, but I don't have sound. My mobo has the same audio as all the other Gigabytes-- did I do something wrong?

I still haven't tried to tackle the video driver yet for my eVGA 8800 GT (256 meg)-- I'll try the latest nVinstaller this time around. Do you recommend doing the Leopard Graphics Update before or after using nVinstaller?

Thanks a ton for all the info you've provided, pcwiz-- I don't think I'd be doing this at all if it weren't for your guides.

Yup, theres something wrong with the sound driver installation in the package. 3 people have reported it so far. Just reinstall only the sound driver and nothing else and it should be fine I think :P Do the Leopard Graphics Update before :P

You're welcome :blink:

Worked-- running your package again and installing only the sound driver worked fine.

Nvinstaller .41 worked like a charm on my 8800GT too. Finally got everything working-- now just need to get comfortable with OSX!

Thanks again, pcwiz.

• 2 months later...
It works on the DS3L with the exception of the audio driver. Uncheck the sound driver, but other than that everything works.

I installed it on DS3L only the bios and SATA kext...basically the default install and My MAC OSX doesn't boot anymore...just a word of caution for other people who are going to try this. Seems just like many other program that work great for DS3R but not for DS3L. I wish I had spent the extra $30 for DS3R.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...