How does the US get out of the recession

83 posts in this topic

What recession?

The economy is still growing, just at a slower rate than usual.

My opinion is that the economy is slowing due to speculation. "OMG we're gonna have a recession, let's sell all our stock"

Whether we like to admit it or not, our economy steps on the back of the middle class and the poor. Both of these two groups buy a lot of $hit. When they are having trouble finding a job, or they have to take a job at minimum wage to feed their family, etc. This could ALSO slow the economy as well.

Business people are sometimes so short sided. What they really don't realize is that its in all of their best interests to pay workers as much as they can, because what you will have is a bunch of people with high salaries going out to eat more, buying more ipods, going on more trips, etc.

It also doesn't help the economy when the economic policies of recent years in the US have revolved around helping people who are already rich out the ass.

What recession?

The economy is still growing, just at a slower rate than usual.

My opinion is that the economy is slowing due to speculation. "OMG we're gonna have a recession, let's sell all our stock"

Oh no. we are not in a recession. It doesn't exist!

War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is bliss.

It ain't rocket science morons.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7760821786905609611

http://goldprice.org/gold-price-history.html

http://silverprice.org/silver-price-history.html

I told all of you this a long time ago. But noooo. You don't want to listen.

Damned commies.

http://www.nationmakers.com/com_man.htm

From dictionary.com:

Recession - An extended decline in general business activity, typically two consecutive quarters of falling real gross national product.

We have not had ONE quarter of falling gross national product. By definition we are NOT in a recession.

You however, can define recession any way you choose and you can be completely convinced you are right. You would just be wrong.

I also find it interesting the the people calling names here don't even know what a recession is.

"The trouble with our liberal friends, is not that they are ignorant...it's just they know so much that isn't so" - Ronald Reagan

Oh - why do I bother - no one here listens to anyone. I'm avoiding the "real life" forum from now on. It's full of arrogant people who never consider other people's points of view with any respect. The name callers here are not worth the time to share opinions and discuss issues. See you in the other forums.

Most are worried about a prospect of a recession.

Some parts of the country are a LOT worse than others. It's only a matter of time before the truth comes out and we learn just how bad it really is, regardless of how the republicans try to paint a rosy picture.

Someone needs to up their meds...

Go back to school, and get an education kid.

Some parts of the country are a LOT worse than others. It's only a matter of time before the truth comes out and we learn just how bad it really is, regardless of how the republicans try to paint a rosy picture.

Explain what a Republican is, and what a Democrat is. Since you are sooooo much more knowledgable than the rest of us. Please inform us o glorious one, since you know what the difference is.

http://www.infowars.com/?p=696

Go back to school, and get an education kid.

:blink:

Quit being so condescending. You're certainly not the smartest person on this forum so get off your high horse.

Explain what a Republican is

Nutjobs masquerading as Americans.

Democrats are just a necessary evil to babysit the republicans from outright destroying this country.

When you here the stupid things people like JonTheSavage say on the web you really do wonder wether some people should be banned from the internet.

LOL :D I hear you loud and clear ;)

I've always said that there really should be some sort of mandatory drug testing on the Internet :P

MaxintoshWhen you here the stupid things people like JonTheSavage say on the web you really do wonder wether some people should be banned from the internet.
So when you get mad and loose an aguement you want to ban someone because you lost? Sounds childish.You resort to whining because you don't get your way. Did someone take your toy when you were little?
;) Quit being so condescending. You're certainly not the smartest person on this forum so get off your high horse.Nutjobs masquerading as Americans. Democrats are just a necessary evil to babysit the republicans from outright destroying this country.
So you can't explain either? ok. I will accept that as necesarry ignorance on your part.