My findings about ad1981hd on hp

6nikola9

122 posts in this topic

I have an nc6400 that with the latest iatkos v4i (10.5.4) sound works - sort of...

it's the ADI1981 sound card /codec and it auto mutes after a minute or so.

The kext's it uses are:

hackintosh:~ nick$ kextstat |grep -i audio

72 2 0x1acd1000 0x5000 0x4000 com.apple.iokit.IOHDAudioFamily (1.0.0d1) <6 5 4 2>

80 2 0x1af62000 0x17000 0x16000 com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily (1.6.4b7) <79 6 5 4 2>

81 0 0x1ae63000 0xc000 0xb000 com.apple.driver.AppleAzaliaAudio (1.0.0d1) <80 72 6 5 4 2>

85 0 0x1af79000 0x4000 0x3000 com.apple.driver.AudioIPCDriver (1.0.4) <80 6 5 4 2>

and this is out of the box - no setup required by me.

This installer didn't make a difference - it didn't break anything, but the same auto mute persisted.

Interestingly, there no longer seems to be an AppleHDAudio kext on the system - so Taruga's 2.0 Patcher won't help - did Apple change the way HDAudio is achieved on 10.5?

• 2 weeks later...
install the AppleAzaliaAudio.kext, repair permissions: open terminal and write:

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

delete AppleHDA.kext and something about AC97 then reboot with -f flag, it should work

thanx very much,the sound card now work perfection!!!

and i copy you's resolvent to a china&Singapore forums to help more fans resolv the problem!

thanks a lot! ;)

I have an nc6400 that with the latest iatkos v4i (10.5.4) sound works - sort of...

it's the ADI1981 sound card /codec and it auto mutes after a minute or so.

The kext's it uses are:

hackintosh:~ nick$ kextstat |grep -i audio

72 2 0x1acd1000 0x5000 0x4000 com.apple.iokit.IOHDAudioFamily (1.0.0d1) <6 5 4 2>

80 2 0x1af62000 0x17000 0x16000 com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily (1.6.4b7) <79 6 5 4 2>

81 0 0x1ae63000 0xc000 0xb000 com.apple.driver.AppleAzaliaAudio (1.0.0d1) <80 72 6 5 4 2>

85 0 0x1af79000 0x4000 0x3000 com.apple.driver.AudioIPCDriver (1.0.4) <80 6 5 4 2>

and this is out of the box - no setup required by me.

This installer didn't make a difference - it didn't break anything, but the same auto mute persisted.

Interestingly, there no longer seems to be an AppleHDAudio kext on the system - so Taruga's 2.0 Patcher won't help - did Apple change the way HDAudio is achieved on 10.5?

Never mind - me being dumb :-) Forgot to delete AppleAC97Audio......

Sound works like a charm! Thanks Ovof and BlackCH.

If only I could get both cores to work!

• 2 weeks later...

I had a thought about the sound card: As I believe was the case with another sound card, you had to use a different kext to get the headphones working. Would it be possible to get the specific device ID of the output port on the sound card and configure it with some different kext to get it working?? I have no idea what I'm talking about, since I've never done any OS X coding of any kind, but I thought it would be worth a shot.

• 2 weeks later...

"French/Français"

Salut

j'ai réussie de faire marcher ma carte son AD1981 sur HP avec un package que je l'ai mis içi voila le lien

http://rapidshare.com/files/142718687/Appl...DI1981.zip.html

Mon ordi est hp compaq nx9420 et ma carte son est sound max high definition AD1981.

"English/Anglais"

Hi

I just solved the problem's driver sound Card model AD1981 in my Pc HP compaq nx9420 with a package.

To Download Clic here and install it very easy her

or this link

Good Luck

AppleAzaliaAudioADI1981.zip

I had a thought about the sound card: As I believe was the case with another sound card, you had to use a different kext to get the headphones working. Would it be possible to get the specific device ID of the output port on the sound card and configure it with some different kext to get it working?? I have no idea what I'm talking about, since I've never done any OS X coding of any kind, but I thought it would be worth a shot.

Should be possible in theory I guess. But I'm not a hackintosh hacker so I can't do.

But if it was easy I guess someone would've done it already.

Basically, I have everything working on my nx9420 except line-out (headphones) and the wifi card which's not working at all.

install the AppleAzaliaAudio.kext, repair permissions: open terminal and write:

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

delete AppleHDA.kext and something about AC97 then reboot with -f flag, it should work

Thanks so much! This got audio working on my nx7400 compaq with iAtkos 4i.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
"French/Français"

Salut

j'ai réussie de faire marcher ma carte son AD1981 sur HP avec un package que je l'ai mis içi voila le lien

Mon ordi est hp compaq nx9420 et ma carte son est sound max high definition AD1981.

"English/Anglais"

Hi

I just solved the problem's driver sound Card model AD1981 in my Pc HP compaq nx9420 with a package.

To Download Clic here and install it very easy her

or this link

Good Luck

Did you got it working fully with sound out, line in (headphone) and mic?

I'm got it working but only sound out.

• 3 weeks later...

just to report:

Ovof' s fixed azalia driver (posted earlier on this thread) worked great for my HP compaq 6710b laptop (ICH8 familiy board), but only _after_ I had fixed the IO cardbus (with Chun Nan' s kext), for some reason not understanble to me. ;) Thx Ovof! (and others)

This is my relevant lspci lines, for info:

02:04.0 CardBus bridge: Ricoh Co Ltd RL5c476 II (rev b6)

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 03)

Keep the good work!

• 2 weeks later...
Work somebody on line-out and mic support? We need a pro to solve this, i think!

Sandiel

I'm on a HP 8710p: same audio chipset and same thing here: speaker out working.

On top of the Sound - Forum here there is a "Pinout" sticky: did anyone already try this on a HP laptop?

• 4 weeks later...
All credits to Ovof who patched the kext...

I've made a new installer version. It will remove the AppleHDA.kext automatically.

EDIT: V.3 will remove AppleAC97Audio.kext as well

here it is:

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I now have working audio on my 6720s!

• 2 weeks later...

Ooooooooooooohhhh YES. Thank you OVOF (and BlackCH for the installer). Sound is now working on nx7300.

Now I need to make both cores to work and everything on the laptop is working.

Anybody thinking of buying Macbook or MacBook Pro? .................. No Thank You.

thanks a mundo !

- the AppleAzaliaAudioADI1981.pkg worked great for me .

U205 Toshiba Satellite Notebook

2 GHz Core Duo

2 GB ram

320 GB SATA Hard Drive

GMA950 graphics

AD1981 audio - worked in iatkos 10.55 but busted in retail or 10.5.6 update ( until now )

Intel Pro 100 ethernet - worked in 10.5.5 iatkos but busted in retail or 10.5.6 update

ArkView USB Gigabit Lan - working - but trouble with getting address sometimes

Sorry I am a newbie:

As far as I understood the solution provided by Ovof:

1. remove the appleHda from the kexts folder

2. Then install the IOHDAudioFamily kext

3. Finally install the appleazaliacontroller kext

Unfortunatly I am really new to the system of dealing with kexts.

I tried it but now the system is not starting anymore (nevermind next try :P )

How do I "install" the kexts manually in a correct way ?

What do I do with the plists ?

Thanks for any suggestions or links !