My findings about ad1981hd on hp

6nikola9

122 posts in this topic

Glad you found it. What is your instalation distro (Kalyway, IAktos?) Because I have a 6510b dual booting XP and Iaktos, an ADI1981hd and your kext produced no results, I'm trying to figure out why - I still have the auto-mute issue. Could it be release related (if it turns out that people using Kalyway are having success while those using Iaktos not, it could be)? Or maybe I have to touch some other kext or even the kernel? I'd appreciate your help on this if you have the time. Thanks.

Original DVD, manual installation :)

Thanks. If you have any insight as of why it works with some and not with others, please share.

As for some of you who got it working, please post how and what are your distros.

As for the other, the same is expected. There muste be a reason why it works on certains machinhes and not on others. Thanks.

Thanks. If you have any insight as of why it works with some and not with others, please share.

As for some of you who got it working, please post how and what are your distros.

As for the other, the same is expected. There muste be a reason why it works on certains machinhes and not on others. Thanks.

be sure to have removed applehda

because it can loads and block appleazalia

try load the kext manually

first, IOHDAudioFamoly (in plugin of appleazalia)

then, appleazaliacontroller (it reset then disable led mute button)

then appleazaliaaudio

tell me

Ovof, thak you very much. Removing AppleHDA.kext did the trick. Non-stop music for an hour now. To all how may have the same issue/distro installed: remove AppleHDA.kext apply the patch and you're done.

Thank you gain Ovof.

All credits to Ovof who patched the kext...

I've made a new installer version. It will remove the AppleHDA.kext automatically.

EDIT: V.3 will remove AppleAC97Audio.kext as well

here it is:

AppleAzaliaAudioADI1981_V.3.zip

I actually have IBM M52 with AD1981HD. I have tried both the original AppleAzaliaAudio and the one in this thread, but neither of them works. Sound icon is displayed and also I can slide the volume bar, but just no sound out from any port. I have tried line-out, speaker and even line-in and mic port ;), but no lucky. I searched around and looks like this sound card works out-of-box on most machines except HP ones. So, if anyone can provide any help, that would be great.

thanks

I've installed your kext on my HP 6720s. Now I have sound out of my speakers!. thats great. I do not get any sound from the headphones connection though, but is gettin' closer. What did you do with the kext?

Thanks for sharing it anyway!

I've made the installer you requested:

hello there

I have the HP Compaq 6720s but with intelCeleron (inside)... and I try all install vesions mentioned here

and I don't get any sound out of my computer...

Can you tell me in simple way what I can do?(more)

My system:

HP Compaq 6720s

iATKOS v1.0i (version 10.5.2/ Kernel:Darwin 9.1.0-made by ToH build(xnu-1228.0.2~1))

obs: Because of a loop after osx install I change my login directly to root

pleaseeeeee hellllp me  :thumbsup_anim:

One more happy puppy here ^^

No more auto-mute here either!

It's Compaq 6910p, with AD1981HD.

However, what still does not work is headphones output. Even if I plug something, audio continues to play on laptop speakers.

And ofc, input nor working either :)

However, this is very good progress!!

Tnx all for hard work :D

Yup, speakers work on my nx9420.

OFFTOPIC: Since nx8420, nc8430 and nx9420 users are watching this, can you recommend a good working ATI X1600 driver?

I'm using this one (post 9), but the display stops working if it turns off (close lid, turns off when idle)

No S-Video either. Well maybe I'm asking for too much. :angel: