immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components, use only one style

scottath

48 posts in this topic

I downloaded the 10.5.2 iso, burned it at 2x and get the above error upon booting from the disk:

[immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components, use only one style]

I have also had this same error with different releases [iAtkos etc]

Hardware:

HP Compaq 6715b laptop

AMD Turion64 X2 [2.2ghz] [supports SSE,SSE2, SSE3, MMX, 3DNOW and x86-64]

2GB DDR2 667 [5-5-5-15]

ATI X1250 graphics card

ATI RS690 Chipset / SB600 southbridge

SATA 250GB Samsung HDD

DVD-RAM burner

Other usual laptop hardware [card reader etc]

My BIOS is very limited, no RAID/ACPI options, overclocking or any thing other advance [unlike my quad core gaming system]

Will answer any questions to the best of my knowledge/what i can try.

Pic: http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x8/scottath/DSC02516.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Scottath

• 3 weeks later...

Me have the same problem too! It also repeats a couple of times while booting. It DOES boot though. I can't send my computer to sleep. May be that?

Here's a bit of my output:

Local APIC version not 0x14 as expected
Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.
AppleACPICPU: ProcessorApicId=1 LocalApicId=0 Enabled
AppleACPICPU: ProcessorApicId=2 LocalApicId=1 Enabled

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Argh, me too. I have the same problem on Asus Striker II Formula. I have leopard ToH 10.5.1 x86 4G DDR1066 RAM and had to disable my 2TB SATA Drives and use a 12G IDE for the install. Intel core Duo E6850. I have removed all PCI cards (except for the PCIx 8800GT Video card)

• 1 month later...

I have seen that happen on other systems, but mine will not even get to the installer - it just stops and that's that - left it there for 3hrs once

I have a problem with my bios i think - but there are no options to do with ACPI etc

Can anyone help us/have the same laptop and tried another version [iatkos/Leo4All etc] that worked?

After installation i got this error too :/

But with the Installation DVD i let the countdown and it boots's with no problems...

Maybe there's something in the install DVD that i don't have in MAC OS X partition?