immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components, use only one style

scottath

48 posts in this topic

same here!!

acer aspire 9410z dual core 1.73, 2gb, geforce 7300

it hangs 1st boot then i press the on/off button for several sec and then reboot the problem is ignored en it boots perfect

i have no idea (mby smthing with grapic card?? )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have very similar issue, if i dont press antyhing it boots to the grey apple screen but without the rotating wheel so i boot -V or -x or all and always get the exact same screen:

Standard timesplicing quatum is 10000 us
Vm_page_bootstrap: 510042 free pages and 14246 wired pages
Mig_table_max_displ = 79
HTT: 1 core per package; 2 logical cpus per package
ACPI CA 20051117 [debug level=0 layer=0]
appleACPICPU: ProcessorApicId=1 LocalApicid=0 enabled
appleACPICPU: ProcessorApicId=2 LocalApicId=1 enabled
Loading security extension com.apple.nke.applicationfirewall
Loading security extension com.apple.security.seatbelt
Calling mpo_policy_init for mb
Seatbelt MACF policy initialized
Security policy loaded: seatbelt policy (mb)
Loading security extension com.apple.security.TMSafetyNet
Calling mpo_policy_init for TMSafetyNet
Security plicy loaded: safety net for time machine (TMSafetyNet)
Copyright © 1982, 1986, 1991, 1993
The regents of the university of California. All rights reserved.

MAC Framework successfully initialized 
Using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers
IOAPIC: version 0x20 Vectors 0:23
ACPI: System State [s0 s3 s4 s5] (s3)
Extension ‘com.apple.driver.applePCIconfigurator’ has immediate depndencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only style.
Mbinit: done
Security auditing service present
bSM auditing present
From path: “uuid”,
Waiting for boot volume with UUID 804603d3-83e9-36b8-ab8e-11501d1805d6
Waiting on <dict ID=”0”>IOProviderClass</Key><string ID=”1”>IOResources</sting><key>IOresource
Match</key><string ID=”2”>boot-uuid-media</string></dict>

I first bought the Retail DVD since everyone was having such great luck doing it this way, after no go:

I tried the following distros:

Kalyway 10.5.1 intel only

Kalyway 10.5.2 amd and intel

iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5

WindOSX

Jas 10.4.8 intel, amd

and one other one....

my system specs:

Asus N10J

Atom 1.6Ghz Intel HT MMX SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3

945GSE north and ICH7-m South

950 integreated graphics and Dedicated nvidia 9300 GPU Tried using one and then the other still same result

I know you guru's are out there that know what this code means, it is like everyone that successfully gets the system running forgets about this website until something wrong happens and they need help..... sorry for the rant, i just posted my question in several forums but i get no replies...

Thanks again.

I think this problem is because there are two or more kexts for same work. For example for me it shows the same error for AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext. When I searched in my Extensions folder I found that I had one AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext in Extensions folder plus in my AppleVIAATA.kext->Plugins I had one more same AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext.

I think this problem is because there are two or more kexts for same work. For example for me it shows the same error for AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext. When I searched in my Extensions folder I found that I had one AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext in Extensions folder plus in my AppleVIAATA.kext->Plugins I had one more same AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext.

same problem, anyone find a work around ?

HP DC7800 Ultra-slim Desktop

I don't know if this will fix the problem or not. I had the same issues as above. What I did was go in and repair the drive using the install cd. Then upon install and reboot. I used -x at Darwin prompt and it loaded up. Make sure that you doctor your already installed drive and then reinstall on top of that. Dont touch the erase. erase. options. Just repair and then reinstall on top. GL and I hope this helps someone...

I don't know if this will fix the problem or not. I had the same issues as above. What I did was go in and repair the drive using the install cd. Then upon install and reboot. I used -x at Darwin prompt and it loaded up. Make sure that you doctor your already installed drive and then reinstall on top of that. Dont touch the erase. erase. options. Just repair and then reinstall on top. GL and I hope this helps someone...

yeah but i can't even install.... it just hangs at the installer with "waiting for boot volume with UUID"

• 1 year later...

Same error here...

I've tried Kalyway 10.5.2 in the past and it worked great on my PC. I removed it for some reason, now that I'm trying to install it, it gets stuck with the error. I'm using the same DVD that I've used in the past but don't know why its not working.

The only difference in hardware is that I had a CRT monitor back then and now its an LCD.

• 1 month later...
Same error here...

I've tried Kalyway 10.5.2 in the past and it worked great on my PC. I removed it for some reason, now that I'm trying to install it, it gets stuck with the error. I'm using the same DVD that I've used in the past but don't know why its not working.

The only difference in hardware is that I had a CRT monitor back then and now its an LCD.

Managed to get it working again. UEFI boot needs to be disabled from the BIOS to get rid of the ApplePCIPlatform error.