How to get 2-Finger (or 1-finger) scrolling working on MOST laptop trackpads

ranova

296 posts in this topic

i change the default 80 to 54 and it works great apart from moving windows

i have to left click ,tap doesn't work

Use voodoo project...Linked to my previous post...I think this guide is obsolete (even if I appreciated it before discovering voodoo :D )

• 1 month later...

Hello

I have one problem which I can't solve.

On a Toshiba S2450 with Synaptics trackpad which don't have dedicated area for scroll.

I can setup scroll for vertical and horizontal and work fine with one exception.

Area in which scroll are working is wide (all touchpad,except where I want to be bottom low line for horizontal and right vertical line for vertical)

If that's not clear maybe this _| make you understand better.

How can I revert scroll area?

Also calibration don't work for me but that's not essential.

Any help how to reverse scroll area?

• 3 weeks later...

The 2 finger scrolling worked like a chaarm for me, but now the tackpad is too danm slow!! i tried to fix this by editing the plist file in the preferences folder, but that didn`t seem to work, and every time i editted it i couldn`t open the FFScroll on System Preferences... Can anybody help me with this!! Tks in advance!!

The 2 finger scrolling worked like a chaarm for me, but now the tackpad is too danm slow!! i tried to fix this by editing the plist file in the preferences folder, but that didn`t seem to work, and every time i editted it i couldn`t open the FFScroll on System Preferences... Can anybody help me with this!! Tks in advance!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey.

I got this to work mostly, but I can't seem to open FFscroll inside System Prefs. all the time. I've only managed to open it once, I've tried fixing it, rebooting loads of times, and it still hasn't worked. I can't get the mousepad to stop moving like crazy when I scroll. I've tried using the keyboard and mouse settings, they do nothing. Trackpad doesn't show as a tab in there either.

What's the solution?

guys don't be silly and read.

Use voodoo project...Linked to the previous post...I think this guide is obsolete (even if I appreciated it before discovering voodoo.

ffscroll method is old and {censored} anywayz.

• 2 weeks later...

This is not working for me. I have tried a few mouse fixes including VooDoo and they haven't worked.

I have a HP Pavilion dv4-1125nr, Synaptics trackpad. My OSx86 install thinks I have a regular mouse, when I have a trackpad. Tried these things, as I mentioned, and it also still says I have a mouse. What can I do to fix it?

i have synaptic pad too and it worked first time I installed it (Voodoo). follow the instruction properly - delete the files indicated e.g. acpinub.kext e.t.c. repair permission and it should work including two finger scrolling and all the shebang.

i have synaptic pad too and it worked first time I installed it (Voodoo). follow the instruction properly - delete the files indicated e.g. acpinub.kext e.t.c. repair permission and it should work including two finger scrolling and all the shebang.

Anyone know of a ApplePS2Controller.kext with trackpad "tapping enabled" for Snow leopard in 64bit?

• 2 weeks later...

can anyone tell me why is my FFScrollDaemon is not loading at startup, I followed the instructions and have the plist file in both locations. I seem to work but not 100% working. Why I said it not 100% working? because it scroll with 2 fingers, so that works, but not smoother so that 100%. I found that by accidently run the FFScrollDaemon again with command line in the terminal the scrolling is alot smoother. Right now I am using login items as a work around.

Thanks for any input.

• 3 weeks later...
Hey, I have a toshiba a205-s4587 using a synaptics driver running 10.5.2. I followed the instructions and now i have tapping on the trackpad. However, scrolling absolutely doesn't work. I do not have the trackpad tab in the Keyboard and Mouse Pane either. Any suggestions?

hey i have a synaptics touch pad on a toshiba u300. it's working ok. i can scroll with one finger tho. but i can also move the mouse around with one finger. it's pretty much like if i leave my finger in one spot for a second the scrolling kicks in...it's weird.

• 2 months later...

Hi ranova,

Thanks for posting this tutorial this is exactly what I need for my M1330 - trackpad works fine on ApplePS2 with iAtkos v7 but no tapping or scrolling at the mo.

I'm having a lot of trouble finding your 2fingerscroll.zip file can anyone suggest a link so I can grab this - rapidshare is having a bad day?

Thanks for your help :rolleyes:

Adam.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I have installed the kext file you posted in the first post (ApplePS2Controller.kext) and the FFScroll Daemon and after 2-3 hours of configuring the plist file it works pretty cool, but now my the sensitivity of my touchpad is higher than before. If I touch the touchpad and keep the finger at the same point without moving it, the mouse moves around (small range)).

Is there any property I can edit for the sensitivity? Because it's pretty annoying if I want to move the mouse for some "pixels" and it's moving around...

Oh ya, I installed it on HP Pavilion dv6837 el.

@ I found the solution, it was the scale speed property. Now everything is working cool :)

Thanks

I'm having one problem. I've got the trackpad working but there's no scroll (1-finger or 2-finger) and the tracking is really slow and I don'[t know how to make it faster. I adjusted the mouse speed in SysPrefs but that only made the external USB mouse faster.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi to all, great guide, it works for me. I have try all on my Sony Vaio with ALPS trackpad and it works very well. After 14 pages of this thread and 2 days of test (2 days!) i have now a great working trackpad ;) The strange thing is that ffscroll read the synaptic options also if my notebook have a ALSP trackpad (I don't know why it works so :D )

I have try also the voodoo ps2 controller but on my notebook it gives me enormous problems: jumping mouse always and the scrolling was too much speed also if it was set to the smaller speed in trackpane. OK, my config is in sign. All the tests been made on Snow Leopard only to 32 bit. I have not done tests on 64-bit Snow. On Snow 32 works amazing despite the guide is a bit old.

My plist is attached ;)

com.apple.driver.ApplePS2Trackpad.plist.zip

yes, it is possible.

1 - by deleting the following,

ALPS GlidePoint

CFBundleIdentifier

com.apple.driver.ApplePS2Trackpad

IOClass

ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint

IOProbeScore

IOProviderClass

ApplePS2MouseDevice

and the name APPLE in,

ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad

ApplePS2MouseDevice

/System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/Plugins/ApplePS2Trackpad.kext/Contents

/Info.plist

2 - reboot into safe mode ( -x at Darwin prompt), repair permissons in Disk Util

3- reboot, you're done !

your trackpad wil be recgnized as as mouse in System Preferences but all works (tapping,and vert scroll)

no need a major install

This tip don't work for my trackpad unfortunately, thanks the same ;)

I somewhat go it to work. Im using a Sony VAIO vgn-nr120e. The scrolling and gestures work (after lowering the sensitivity) however, the speed of the mouse is amazingly slow. I have to swipe the trackpad as fast as i can, about 13 times, before it makes it across the screen. I've even tried upping the trackpad speed (in the standard Trackpad prefs) and it is still way too slow. Does anyone know if i can fix that? ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi ranova,

Thanks for posting this tutorial this is exactly what I need for my M1330 - trackpad works fine on ApplePS2 with iAtkos v7 but no tapping or scrolling at the mo.

I'm having a lot of trouble finding your 2fingerscroll.zip file can anyone suggest a link so I can grab this - rapidshare is having a bad day?

Thanks for your help :D

Adam.

Here is a mirror of the file: http://www.mediafire.com/file/iuomyhzdzwi/2fingerscroll.zip

On my T61 ThinkPad this did not work. First after boot the mouse is very sensitive and bounces everywhere and after about 10 secs it does not work at all.

Managed to restore just fine to the backed up kext.