New patch for iATKOS v1.0ir2

EqUaTe

143 posts in this topic

Whoops, forgot about the mobo. Its the Asrock 4coredual sata2 (VIA® PT880 Pro/PT880 Ultra Chipsets). Everything boots fine on the external USB drive(SATA is not seen inside the installation Disk). I had to edit the appleviaata.ktext info file via terminal and add my device ID(0x53721106) to it in order to get the SATA drives up inside Leopard. I would like to get my Device ID into the install disk via a patch of some sort. PPF or through the terminal. I have audio, Ethernet, video. Audio is not the full HD (I Tried the ALC888 install but it didn't work). But so far your patch is the only install I got to work.

Ah, ok.

Starting to make some sense now.

I'll have a look at doing this when I get to that stage with my own release (when it's done I'll be linking to it from here and that will also be the end of this thread).

Im pretty positive its not the burn Ive done it many times. Once when I first got it, once after the r2 patch, then your patch, then the bad bios patch, all the same.

I also have the exact problem with the Kalyway version as well, which leaves me to belieave that its the chipset.

Well heres hopeing it will work when I check again in another 6 months.

What is the exact error message? Can you take a picture of it and upload it somewhere for me?

Thanks,

EqUaTe

Hi EqUaTe,

tried a clean installation on primary disk now. partition 1 = vista, partition 2 = osx. Installed your patched version but reach no bootloader. Tried EFI Bootloader. What can i do? Got first the blinking cursor and then i am directed to the Vista startup. No matter what i do.

THX for your Help!

DvP

I can't thank you enough for this release, I finally got Leopard installed on my Asus G1S-AK005C with the BadBios patch. No issues at all during install, everything is working fine except for the usual stuff, Wifi, Webcam.

Cheers !

Hi EqUaTe,

tried a clean installation on primary disk now. partition 1 = vista, partition 2 = osx. Installed your patched version but reach no bootloader. Tried EFI Bootloader. What can i do? Got first the blinking cursor and then i am directed to the Vista startup. No matter what i do.

THX for your Help!

DvP

The scripts are specifically designed so as to NOT replace the existing MBR block when a valid one exists.

As such, you need to chainload from the vista bootloader.

There are probably thousands of guides for this on the internet - google is your friend.

I can't thank you enough for this release, I finally got Leopard installed on my Asus G1S-AK005C with the BadBios patch. No issues at all during install, everything is working fine except for the usual stuff, Wifi, Webcam.

Cheers !

Glad to hear it's working ;)

A few folk are working on the underlying fault that causes this, and hope to have a better fix that will work w/o having to use older kexts.

EqUaTe

Hey, i had recently gotten this version of iAtkos to work but when trying to fix the PS2 keyboard in my laptop i screwed the whole system up and I didnt have the forethought to make a backup.

Since then I have booted and reinstalled to no avail

Today I have come the farthest: I installed booted off the external drive and it goes to a the spinning circle under the gray apple logo and then for a while it just goes to a light gray screen w/ no mouse, apple logo or anything and the light on my external drive stops flashing. When I boot with -v it stops and doesn't change but the light on the ext. drive still flashes.

When I installed this time I installed:

iAtkos main system

Darwin bootloader -(as my laptop is SSE2)

Patches

SSE2 SSE3 Kernel

Remove Cpu Power Management (i believe)

Drivers

System

SATA

ACIP * fix (i dont remember the full title)

Ext2fs

Network

Realtek *

IO80211family 10.4.5

Wireless Patch

(I installed quite a few unnessary drivers but with each pass I got further along)

My system is a Toshiba A105-S171 Intel Celeron M 1.6GHz 380, 1.5 GB DDR2, 100GB, DVD±RW DL, Windows XP, ATI Xpress 200M

Hey, i had recently gotten this version of iAtkos to work but when trying to fix the PS2 keyboard in my laptop i screwed the whole system up and I didnt have the forethought to make a backup.

Since then I have booted and reinstalled to no avail

Today I have come the farthest: I installed booted off the external drive and it goes to a the spinning circle under the gray apple logo and then for a while it just goes to a light gray screen w/ no mouse, apple logo or anything and the light on my external drive stops flashing. When I boot with -v it stops and doesn't change but the light on the ext. drive still flashes.

When I installed this time I installed:

iAtkos main system

Darwin bootloader -(as my laptop is SSE2)

Patches

SSE2 SSE3 Kernel

Remove Cpu Power Management (i believe)

Drivers

System

SATA

ACIP * fix (i dont remember the full title)

Ext2fs

Network

Realtek *

IO80211family 10.4.5

Wireless Patch

(I installed quite a few unnessary drivers but with each pass I got further along)

My system is a Toshiba A105-S171 Intel Celeron M 1.6GHz 380, 1.5 GB DDR2, 100GB, DVD±RW DL, Windows XP, ATI Xpress 200M

If you don't need to apply the badbios patch to boot, then don't install the ACPI/APIC fix. That's the bad bios fix - I only left it there so that people could install the system on one and move the disk to another (unlikely, but you never know).

If you leave that out, it may well work.

The ext2fs support is readonly and not very good.

General advice for drivers is to ONLY install the ones for your specific hardware.

EqUaTe

It's actually: cpus=1 -v -f

But that doesn't look to be your issue.. Is this booting from the dvd, or after install?

Thank you for the reply,

it is after booting from the dvd, i havnt got the chance to get to the initial red apple screen.

tried the " cpus=1 -v -f " and didnt worked either, this problem has happened on two core 2 duo laptops, one hp and a dell.

when i tried to make the install on other non core duo laptops the install worked quite well.

Thank you again

Hi EqUaTe, if we install d Leopard Graphics Update 1.0 does it required terminal to run script first then only install?

if want terminal to run what we should type(code)?

Err... What?

This is a patch for the iatkos iso.

The leopard gfx update has nothing to do with it at all.

To get a terminal, look in Applications/Utilities

I haven't supplied any scripts either..

Once you've got the 10.5.2 update installed, the gfx update can be applied from software update...

I am a bit lost.

I downloaded iATKOS_v1.0ir2.iso, burned the iso to a DL DVD using Disk Utility on my Mac, it verified, sucessfully mounted on my Mac desktop looking like an ordinary OSX install DVD.

I put the DVD in my PC, had a look at the folder in explorer - strangely it called it called it Bootcamp, and had an exe to install from... irrelevant I suppose.

The real problem is that I can't boot from this DVD.

I've set my boot priority to be DVD first, harddisc last, yet every time I restart it loads Vista.

I have read every forum I can find, pressed every key I can think of.

I can't figure out why the DVD won't boot so that I can install OSX.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! B)

I am a bit lost.

I downloaded iATKOS_v1.0ir2.iso, burned the iso to a DL DVD using Disk Utility on my Mac, it verified, sucessfully mounted on my Mac desktop looking like an ordinary OSX install DVD.

I put the DVD in my PC, had a look at the folder in explorer - strangely it called it called it Bootcamp, and had an exe to install from... irrelevant I suppose.

The real problem is that I can't boot from this DVD.

I've set my boot priority to be DVD first, harddisc last, yet every time I restart it loads Vista.

I have read every forum I can find, pressed every key I can think of.

I can't figure out why the DVD won't boot so that I can install OSX.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Sounds like you have a bad iso.

However, I wouldn't recommend using disk utility, and if it was actually iatkos, you do not need a DL dvd.

Hello,

I just wanted to know what is changed with the BadBios patch on the DVD? I'm wondering if these changes could be the cause of some performance issues with my G1S.

As discussed in the readme and in the changelog (see 1st post), very few changes were made for the badbios patch.

The only changes are the use of older versions of ACPI and APIC kexts, and the removal of the firewire kexts.

I'd be surprised if they would cause performance issues.

I do, however, strongly recommend that you only use the badbios patch if you MUST.

EqUaTe

These things happen.

I haven't changed anything with the kb/touchpad handling over iatkos r2, so if it worked in that it'll work in this. If it didn't, it won't.

iatkos does contain acpips2nub though, which gets it working for most people.

Download link is down, is there a torrent for this one?

I just installed installed iAtkos on an Acer 4720z and the keyboard doesn't work - unless you are in safe mode! I downloaded an ApplePS2Controller.kext but that didn't help. Wondering if this will help, too, as by the looks of it are many others in another thread. Probably isn't iAtkos dependent but will try Kalyway as a last restort. :wacko:

Hi again !

What do you mean by "only use the BadBios" Patch?

I was also wondering if now that I 've installed and everything is working fine, I could try restoring the vanilla ACPI and APIC kexts?

I mean that if you don't need it, don't use it.

However, if you couldn't boot/install/whatever w/o it, then you need it, and should not try to restore the vanilla kexts.

Anyone have a mirror to the Patch?

I'm experiencing the blinking cursor issue with iATKOS R2, but MediaFire seems to be down. ;)

It's back now.

Download link is down, is there a torrent for this one?

I just installed installed iAtkos on an Acer 4720z and the keyboard doesn't work - unless you are in safe mode! I downloaded an ApplePS2Controller.kext but that didn't help. Wondering if this will help, too, as by the looks of it are many others in another thread. Probably isn't iAtkos dependent but will try Kalyway as a last restort. :D

Mediafire is back (patience people!). Don't know about the kb issues tbh. Something on my todo list for my own osx release.

this worked flawlessly and easy

Glad to hear it :)

hey equate, just some heads up information in case if you come across as well...

this happens on nforce (not sure about other chipsets)...

some mobos like nforce after bootloader is correctly installed, the hdd refuses to load it still with blinking cursor! you are hearing correct!, even evertyhing is normaly installed with r3, it happens... why? it is either hdd (as some other people suggests in perfect installs on intels as well some hdd models has trouble loading bootloader of os x, esp high speed hdds) or certain chipsets...

bcoz i saw on one example mobo was having trouble setting master slave on a ide although jumpers were correct, another one on a sata drive (high speed hdd) everything installs correctly, but bootloader refuses to load..., only blinking cursor!

hope it helps some people struggling with still blinking cursor with r3... change hdd or hdd type (pata sata or non high speed one meaning not 10k rpm)??

After re-burning the ISO (thank you for the suggestion!) I have semi-successfully installed iATKOS_v1.0ir2 (3 times) on an Acer Aspire 4310... I am only ever able to boot into OS X from the installation DVD, not from the hard drive.

It seems Vista is corrupted by the OSX installation, so I used a boot disk to repair Vista, then I dragged my chain0 file to the C:\ folder on Vista and followed the instructions to make my root drive active. When I restarted I was given the option of Vista and OS X as predicted. However, when I selected the OS X option I received a "chain booting error". (I was able to boot into Vista just fine.

I then made my OS X drive the active partition and was able to boot into OS X. I installed the KalywayUpdCombo10.5.2 (the OS X update portion only)... then I returned my active partition to the root drive... the dual boot option appeared as normal. I selected Vista. It told me Vista could not be found. So inserted the Vista recovery disk, at this point it could not find the original operating system, nor could it repair it. Though perplexing this is the least of my concerns.

I am still unable to boot into OS X from the dual boot menu. I had to return my OS X partition to be the active partition. I was then able to boot into OS X 10.5.2 using the iATKOS disk to boot from. My problem remains that no matter what I try, I cannot boot from the drive. I always require the disk, otherwise I just get a never ending flashing cursor at startup.

More importantly though, with Vista gone MIA, I have no internet connection. Strangely, my Wifi works. I am able to create a network and join that network from my other "real" OS X PowerBook G4. I can send files back and forth. I can even video and (one way) audio chat over Bonjour. However I am unable to connect to the internet (which is via my neighbor's WEP secure WiFi router). I can connect to his router, but I only ever have a local self assigned i.p. address. I tried manually entering all of my DHCP and DNS information. It then claims I'm "connected", but again, no internet. My WiFi clearly works, yet I can't imagine what else I could change to enable the internet. I tried Network Diagnostics many times to no avail.

Additional problems include: no microphone, no firewire, no ethernet. I haven't checked the speaker output port but I assume that is not working either. Everything else appears to be functioning as normal. The internet is the key thing I need to work though... everything else can be gotten around using USB devices I imagine.

Hello to all, I've a problem with this patch (iATKOS_v1.0ir2-EqUaTe1.ppf), now i try to explain with my poor english what I've done:

-I have installed iATKOS_v1.0ir2.iso on my notebook hp6510b(i've wrote the other details of it config below..) and osx work well also if don't functions ethernet and wifi (respectively BG5787M and intel Pro/wireless 3945ABG), but i know, this ones are another chapter!

-the real problem is a blinking cursor on start up from the internal sata hd (indeed osx starts well from a external USB HD), so reading some posts i've understood that i need the unofficial equate patch.

- well, following the instruction i've patched the iso to obtain the new upgraded image ready to be burned, I've controlled md5 checksum matches on both the images (r2 and r3);

- Now a new problem arises: when i've tried to install the new release, i can't select the sata hd from disk utility, so i can't begin with the installation process! nothing is changed in bios config between the two install.

help me please!

thx in advance