New patch for iATKOS v1.0ir2

EqUaTe

143 posts in this topic

Hmm.. What I've seen suggests that the DS3P is less supported than some of the other variants (such as the DS3R).

Anyway, the symptoms you describe so far pretty much fit that.

Interestingly, some people that suffer from badbios issues are able to use kalyways release. Don't know why.

What happens with you use cpus=1 -v -x ?

Last message from you I can see you were saying you were getting 'waiting for root device'.

I repeat my original response to this, with a bit more:

What controller is this using? What nforce chipset/southbridge?

Is this AFTER install, or while trying to boot off the dvd?

What do you mean by 'read write fail' ?

EqUaTe

I get several lines saying Read Write fail right before it says (Im paraphrasing) CheckingSleepCapibility then it hangs at that.

This is trying to boot from CD. Not after install.

Also it is a spp100 (C51D) Chipset/Nforce 4 southbridge

Hi all of you,

I installed the iATKOS_v1.0ir2-EqUaTe1+BadBIOS because the iATKOS_v1.0ir2-EqUaTe1 didn't work for me and everything went fine during the process. I restarted and I got the blinking cursor issue.

Do any of you know how to fix it? My hardware profile on my sig.

Thanks a lot

Guest tarkus

Hi all

I've had some success with iATKOS v1.0ir2 plus the EqUaTe1 patch (iATKOS v1.0ir3) on my old Dell Optiplex GX260 (Intel P4 2GHz (SSE2) with 400MHzFSB, Intel 845G chipset, 1Gb memory, integrated Intel 845G video with add-on ATI Radeon AGP, integrated Intel Pro/1000 ethernet, integrated SoundMax/AC97 audio).

Installation choices were: x86 bootloader, SSE2/SSE3 kernel, remove CPUPowerManagement. The latter was essential - my first try (with CPU power mgmt installed) produced a kernel panic early in the boot process.

Following a successful boot, Leopard found the ethernet card and used my DHCP server to get started right away (but see later). The graphics card was correctly set for max colors and max resolution (but see later) and the audio worked right away (and reliably throughout). So far so good.

Most of the base apps (mail, safari, address book, iTunes, dashboard, preview) worked without problems, but iCal consistently crashed (SIGSEGV - a memory access violation) soon after starting it. Others have reported similar problems with iCal, and someone has said that running iCal under Rosetta is a work-around. However, none of the Apple apps presented me with a 'Rosetta' option in the 'Get Info' dialog, so I wasn't able to try this.

I plugged in a D-Link USB BlueTooth dongle, and transferred stuff to/from my mobile phone without problems. I also plugged in a USB flash drive, which also worked well. I was able to use a couple of SMB network shares (from Windows XP).

iTunes worked reliably, and ripped from CD without problems.

All of the above was encouraging, but it's not all good news:

Some higher end apps didn't work at all; the iWork trial apps loaded, but became unresponsive almost immediately (they didn't crash Leopard, but had to be forcibly closed in order to recover). iPhoto started up ok, and imported some JPGs just fine, but the picture editor just displayed a blank canvas when I tried to retouch the pictures (this is probably down to limitations with my video hardware). iMovie and DVDplayer said I needed a 'Quartz compatible

display' (whatever that means) and shut themselves down cleanly.

Leopard did crash randomly when performing seemingly inocuous tasks; browsing with safari whilst copying files from a network share was almost guaranteed to crash the box ('you need to restart your computer ... blah'). Oddly, I found that browsing an SMB share on my Windows box was reliable for share 'X', but always crashed Leopard when browsing share 'Y'; bizarre!

Most worrying was the LAN adapter which, after a while (several tens of minutes, perhaps as much as an hour) just stopped working. If I tried to manually renew the DHCP lease, Leopard just gave me a locally assigned IP address. The only way to recover the LAN was to reboot ...

So, all in all, a pretty encouraging experiment given the lo-fi hardware I was using, but not stable enough for everyday use.

One question - what's the deal with Rosetta? It's very frustrating to read about 'open with Rosetta' in the 'Get Info' dialog, then discover that 'Get Info' never offers me that option. Do I need SSE3 for Rosetta?

Tarkus

Right.

I have a Dell M1330. It has 2GB RAM, Core 2 Duo 1.5Ghz, 160GB drive, Intel crestline graphics & Dell wireless.

I must have tried reinstalling iatkos V1.0 r2 30 times, but all I got was blinking cursor. I tried in a number of different ways with different things selected in custom menu, different hard drives and different things selected in the bios.

I was delighted to see r3 has now come out. I patched my ISO last night in windows which went fine (well done for making it so easy!) I booted up on my laptop to the disk and went to format the hard drive, but it couldn't see my hard drive. R2 had never had an issue seeing it. I restarted, went into the bios and changed my drive to ATA, and disabled the flash cache module. I then booted to the disk again and it saw my drive. I formatted it to Mac OSX extended journalised and went to install. In the custom menu I selected :

picture2ht1.png

Except the Nforce and LSPCI (as it wasn't there.)

I installed the OS, restarted and went to boot into mac. I got really excited because this is the furthest I have got, but then it just sat on the mac boot screen for about 15 minutes. The cursor came and went. I left it on all night last night, and still the same this morning.

I'm not sure where to go from here! Any advice would be much appreciated. ;)

how did you patch it where did you get the patch.

What gfx do you have? Which gfx options did you tick?Not sure why you have to disable AHCI.. That's strange, the majority of the kexts are the same..I'll investigate that issue and be sure it works in both modes when I do my own release..EqUaTe
I've got the Intel X3100

Good install. Compaq c712NR laptopStrange thing, patched would not see SATA HD (only drive in lappy) I had to disable SATA native in BIOS. Not an issue in unpatched r2 DVD. This causes no problem, just took a while to figure out. This patch and resulting DVD should work where the r2 DVD will.Nice work! :thumbsup_anim: Kenny

OK try this:check these only

-iATKOS

Bootloader

+Darwin EFI bootloader

+Stock Kernel

Patches

+Remove Thermal kextDrivers

System

+netkas smbios

If that custom does not work try:

Bootloader

+Darwin X86 Bootloader

everything else the same

good luck

kenny

Thanks for trying to help.

I did as you suggested but still have the same problem. I also tried with the graphics driver ticked, still the same. Sooo frustrating.

I guess I must wait for ir4 to come out :(

This is my process, just incase you can see me doing something wrong:

I've disabled the flash cache module in the bios and enabled ATA as my hard drive was not detected when booting to disk after applying the new patch with AHCI.

I boot from CD, click the arrow, go to utitiles, disk utilities. I format my hard drive to Mac OS extended journalised. I continue the installation. I then click custom and choose from that list.

I know I must choose a boot loader, but I am not sure if any others are definitely needed. If you could advise me, then I can continue to try different selections in the custom menu and know that I always include the ones I certainly need.

So I've tried:

-bootloader

-Darwin EFI

+Darwin EFI bootloader

+stock kernal

-patches

+remove thermal kexts

-Drivers

-VGA

+3100 driver

-System

+netkas smbios

This presented me with it freezing when booting into mac.

-bootloader

+Darwin EFI bootloader

-patches

+remove thermal kexts

-Drivers

-VGA

+3100 driver

-System

+netkas smbios

This appeared to boot into mac, but then bluescreen for a couple of seconds, then the screen goes blank and nothing happens.

I am not sure if I am better off with it freezing when booting into mac, or it booting into mac (I think) then getting a bluescreen for a couple of seconds, then nothing.

If you could advise me what I definitely need I'll be happy to continue trying different selections together.

My laptop spec in more detail:

Dell XPS M1330

Intel Core 2 Duo 1.5Ghz Processor

160GB Fujitsu Siemens MHW2120BH Hard drive

2GB DDR2 667MHZ CORSAIR RAM

TouchChip Fingerprint Coprocessor

Dell integrated webcam

Dell Truemobile 355 Bluetooth + EDR

TA Channel 0 [Controller] (2x)

Intel® ICH8M 3 port Serial ATA Storage Controller - 2828

Intel® ICH8M Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 2850

Ricoh Memory Stick Host Controller

Ricoh MMC Host Controller

Ricoh xD-Picture Card Controller

Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family

Sigmatel 9228 Audio

Dell wireless

Should I have speedstep disabled in the bios?

Hi all of you,

I installed the iATKOS_v1.0ir2-EqUaTe1+BadBIOS because the iATKOS_v1.0ir2-EqUaTe1 didn't work for me and everything went fine during the process. I restarted and I got the blinking cursor issue.

Thanks a lot

Hi EqUaTe, hi all of you...

I've finally got Mac OS X running on my pc! and thank you for that... buttttttttttttt

without LAN support (no internet), and without USB Flash Drive support :huh:

Do any of you know if its possible to enable nforce LAN to work with OSX? I tried THIS drivers that I found on THIS thread but it keeps me saying "Cable Unplugged".

I also try the drivers found in THIS guide for USB support but got a "Debbuger: panic" after reboot.

If anyone solved this issues please help me...

Thanks a lot for the time you took to read this, and thanks for all the support given...

Juan

using -v -f cpus=1 cant get further this part on the loading

localhost DirectoryService[51]: Launched version 5.0 (v514)

have been looking for any posible answers for it on several forums but there have been no answers for it.

Thanks in advance.

Another Help post (:

I have been soaking up a lot of this information but still can't get my DVD to boot up.

First I obtained my copy of iATKOS_v1.0i.iso (MD5 checked out o.k.)

Then applied all the patches always checking the MD5.

Now that my final .iso was written to DVD using Nero I get the following errors. The first one is more of a visual error, if I let the timer count down when the CD boots up (press F8 within the time limit) I get a gray screen with a loading icon and an apple in the center of the screen. After some time a small gray circle with a line threw it pops up and it just sits there doing nothing. Second if I press F8 then type -v in the command line I get some loading text then at the bottom I get a few errors.

Waiting for boot volume with UUID: 33840580-152F-346A-BEDO-8675851AOE79
  IOATAController device blocking bus.
  USBF:1.339 AppleUSBOHCL 0x3985000 :: CheckSleepCapability - OHCT controller will   be unloaded across sleep
  AppleNForce ATA: Warning: phy connection failed. status=0x00000000
  AppleNforce ATA: Found 0 units.
  Still waiting for root device

This is where the loading stops, it keeps repeating "Still waiting for root device" and never does anything more.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=87901

5 ;) If it just says "Still waiting for root device" it is your SATA HDD, is not recognized due to missing DEV ICE id or incompatibility as the SATA DVD drive. Fixing this involves two installations and some editing, no direct solution unless you inject edited nforceata driver to the DVD.

Not sure if step 5 is for me or not.

Try changing hard drive configurations in the bios.

ATA worked for me instead of AHCI.

I looked in my bios and don't see anything about ATA, AHCI or SATA, looked threw the book hoping maybe there were some jumpers or something.. nothing.

The root filesystem being readonly during install is normally - you can't write to a dvd :P

What ide/sata controller do you have?

EqUaTe

Under device manager I've got:

-Intel ICH8M U-ATA Storage Controller 2850

-82801HEM/HBM SATA AHCI Controller

Sorry it took so long to get back.

I tried the unpatched dvd and it'll boot with the disk in and rd=disk0s1 however I had some issues getting my intel pro wireless to work. I still can't get the patched dvd to work however.

o.k., I finally got my system up with the 4coredual sata2 board and your patch on an external USB drive. Everything works out of the box except of course the sata. I edited my .kext and have sata working. So now I want to edit the install disk with my sata controller device ID. I've made a .dmg of the install disk, but can't seem to be able to edit the .kext. How can I edit this image so I can add my device ID to the appleviaata.kext info.plist file? There are actually alot of people who need help with this particular board, and this is a reason why I need help with this. I want to make a tutuorial for people with this board and edit the x86 wiki. a ppf file or in the terminal either way, I need help. device ID is 0x53721106

Again "still waiting for root device" and SAM MEDIA READ / WRITE failed. Sadly i've got only sata drives. Moved the DVD-Rom to Channel 1 and the Hdd to Channel 2 but that didn't fix anything. Tried also the other way round. Don't really know where i could get a pata drive but with uphuck i managed to install with my dvd-writer but got stuck at keyboard selection. ;-( seems hopeless.

Mainboard: Asus P5n32-E SLI (680i)

CPU: Q6600

Ram: 4x Corsair 1gb

GPU: 8800 GTS 512

Samsung SATA DVDRW

Raptor SATA HDD

Seagate SATA HDD

Edit: Reached Installation with Uphuck 1.4.9 R3 again, but i will quit again because i dont know if i can upgrade to leopard with iAtkos and i am afraid of keyboard selection bug.

Now i flashed my Bios to newest version and the firmware of the samsung dvd-writer too. No change ;-(

@Mysticus @EqUaTe

Hope you can help. I didn't use the bad bios patch yet. Could this help or is just a waste of another DVD? Would be about the 10th i think.

PLS answer here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...0&start=280 because my original post is there.

THANK YOU!

Now i flashed my Bios to newest version and the firmware of the samsung dvd-writer too. No change ;-(

@Mysticus @EqUaTe

Hope you can help. I didn't use the bad bios patch yet. Could this help or is just a waste of another DVD? Would be about the 10th i think.

PLS answer here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...0&start=280 because my original post is there.

THANK YOU!

I'd try the bad bios, it worked for me. By the way, you should be using rw's for this. Then when you get a good disk burn it to dvd+r. Also make sure you checking and UN-checking the correct settings in the customize options. I had a bunch checked when they should of been off.

Well I got pretty far today in the installs. I downloaded Kalyway iso but it failed to load, does nothing at the gray apple screen, I waited a while for it to do something and it never did. Although I did notice an error that got me thinking. My dvd drive was set to slave, I had forgot I took out my master CD drive and never switched the pins, that fixed my "Still waiting on root device" errors when trying iATKOS iso. I tried bad bios first and it failed to get anywhere so I tried the normal iATKOS with all the patchs but bad bios and bamm it started to load. Everything seemed to go smooth, the install took about an hour as expected and I got the Install sucess screen. Here is where I get nothing, no welcome screens, no errors nothing. If I leave the disk in it just starts the whole reinstall process all over again, if I take it out it just sits in DOS and does nothing. Anyone else had this happen?

In another guide on this forum there is a "iATKOS-AMD.zip" patch, I never applied this to my iso because I figured ir2 covered that.

Checked:

nvinject, remove thermal and powermanagement

ntfsg3

Process:

Torrent > iATKOS_v1.0i.iso >iATKOS_v1.0ir2.ppf > iATKOS_v1.0ir2-EqUaTe1.ppf > iATKOS_v1.0ir2-EqUaTe1.iso > DVD

I tried all the flags I knew, cpus=1 -f -s -x -v, everything resulted in the same problem.

Hrm. Did you use both ppf's?

PM me about it please :(

I get several lines saying Read Write fail right before it says (Im paraphrasing) CheckingSleepCapibility then it hangs at that.

This is trying to boot from CD. Not after install.

Also it is a spp100 (C51D) Chipset/Nforce 4 southbridge

That sounds very much like bad media or a bad burn.

It's possible, however, that that chipset isn't supported by the nforce ata kext. I cannot say for certain.

Hi all of you,

Thanks a lot

Which bootloader did you select at installation?

Hi all

I've had some success with iATKOS v1.0ir2 plus the EqUaTe1 patch (iATKOS v1.0ir3) on my old Dell Optiplex GX260 (Intel P4 2GHz (SSE2) with 400MHzFSB, Intel 845G chipset, 1Gb memory, integrated Intel 845G video with add-on ATI Radeon AGP, integrated Intel Pro/1000 ethernet, integrated SoundMax/AC97 audio).

Installation choices were: x86 bootloader, SSE2/SSE3 kernel, remove CPUPowerManagement. The latter was essential - my first try (with CPU power mgmt installed) produced a kernel panic early in the boot process.

Following a successful boot, Leopard found the ethernet card and used my DHCP server to get started right away (but see later). The graphics card was correctly set for max colors and max resolution (but see later) and the audio worked right away (and reliably throughout). So far so good.

Most of the base apps (mail, safari, address book, iTunes, dashboard, preview) worked without problems, but iCal consistently crashed (SIGSEGV - a memory access violation) soon after starting it. Others have reported similar problems with iCal, and someone has said that running iCal under Rosetta is a work-around. However, none of the Apple apps presented me with a 'Rosetta' option in the 'Get Info' dialog, so I wasn't able to try this.

I plugged in a D-Link USB BlueTooth dongle, and transferred stuff to/from my mobile phone without problems. I also plugged in a USB flash drive, which also worked well. I was able to use a couple of SMB network shares (from Windows XP).

iTunes worked reliably, and ripped from CD without problems.

All of the above was encouraging, but it's not all good news:

Some higher end apps didn't work at all; the iWork trial apps loaded, but became unresponsive almost immediately (they didn't crash Leopard, but had to be forcibly closed in order to recover). iPhoto started up ok, and imported some JPGs just fine, but the picture editor just displayed a blank canvas when I tried to retouch the pictures (this is probably down to limitations with my video hardware). iMovie and DVDplayer said I needed a 'Quartz compatible

display' (whatever that means) and shut themselves down cleanly.

Leopard did crash randomly when performing seemingly inocuous tasks; browsing with safari whilst copying files from a network share was almost guaranteed to crash the box ('you need to restart your computer ... blah'). Oddly, I found that browsing an SMB share on my Windows box was reliable for share 'X', but always crashed Leopard when browsing share 'Y'; bizarre!

Most worrying was the LAN adapter which, after a while (several tens of minutes, perhaps as much as an hour) just stopped working. If I tried to manually renew the DHCP lease, Leopard just gave me a locally assigned IP address. The only way to recover the LAN was to reboot ...

So, all in all, a pretty encouraging experiment given the lo-fi hardware I was using, but not stable enough for everyday use.

One question - what's the deal with Rosetta? It's very frustrating to read about 'open with Rosetta' in the 'Get Info' dialog, then discover that 'Get Info' never offers me that option. Do I need SSE3 for Rosetta?

Tarkus

The lack of rosetta stuff MAY be due to it being leopard, MAY be something specific to iatkos, or may be something else altogether. I can't really say.

All of what you've said is pretty much leopard or iatkos specific.

The LAN issue - that's actually quite common. Realtek 8139 by any chance?

It happens a lot quicker with heavy use.

Equate,

I've finally got OS X running on my pc!

Just got to patch a few components!

Thank You for your support!

Shaun

Glad it's working! :(

how did you patch it where did you get the patch.

Look in the first post.

I've got the Intel X3100

Install with NO gfx drivers.

If that gets you into osx (the rest of the options you've been choosing should be fine), then PM me.

Hi EqUaTe, hi all of you...

I've finally got Mac OS X running on my pc! and thank you for that... buttttttttttttt

without LAN support (no internet), and without USB Flash Drive support :(

Do any of you know if its possible to enable nforce LAN to work with OSX? I tried THIS drivers that I found on THIS thread but it keeps me saying "Cable Unplugged".

I also try the drivers found in THIS guide for USB support but got a "Debbuger: panic" after reboot.

If anyone solved this issues please help me...

Thanks a lot for the time you took to read this, and thanks for all the support given...

Juan

Try these usb controller drivers, but be sure to follow the instructions carefully: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=28559

NForce LAN isn't something I know much about - mysticus may be able to help you there.. But it would definitely involve editing the info.plist with your device id's.

using -v -f cpus=1 cant get further this part on the loading

localhost DirectoryService[51]: Launched version 5.0 (v514)

have been looking for any posible answers for it on several forums but there have been no answers for it.

Thanks in advance.

It's actually: cpus=1 -v -f

But that doesn't look to be your issue.. Is this booting from the dvd, or after install?

Another Help post (:

I have been soaking up a lot of this information but still can't get my DVD to boot up.

First I obtained my copy of iATKOS_v1.0i.iso (MD5 checked out o.k.)

Then applied all the patches always checking the MD5.

Now that my final .iso was written to DVD using Nero I get the following errors. The first one is more of a visual error, if I let the timer count down when the CD boots up (press F8 within the time limit) I get a gray screen with a loading icon and an apple in the center of the screen. After some time a small gray circle with a line threw it pops up and it just sits there doing nothing. Second if I press F8 then type -v in the command line I get some loading text then at the bottom I get a few errors.

Waiting for boot volume with UUID: 33840580-152F-346A-BEDO-8675851AOE79
  IOATAController device blocking bus.
  USBF:1.339 AppleUSBOHCL 0x3985000 :: CheckSleepCapability - OHCT controller will   be unloaded across sleep
  AppleNForce ATA: Warning: phy connection failed. status=0x00000000
  AppleNforce ATA: Found 0 units.
  Still waiting for root device

This is where the loading stops, it keeps repeating "Still waiting for root device" and never does anything more.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=87901

Not sure if step 5 is for me or not.

May be required.. Check with mysticus for now. Not all NForce chipsets are supported at this time.

Under device manager I've got:

-Intel ICH8M U-ATA Storage Controller 2850

-82801HEM/HBM SATA AHCI Controller

Sorry it took so long to get back.

I tried the unpatched dvd and it'll boot with the disk in and rd=disk0s1 however I had some issues getting my intel pro wireless to work. I still can't get the patched dvd to work however.

Unless your wifi is the 2200, you're unlikely to get it to work at all at this time.

As for the hdd.. It seems that for some reason AHCI support is broken in this patch.. It'll be fine when I do my own release, but for now.. Don't use AHCI.

If the dvd works w/o my patch though, you can install from that, then boot into osx and insert my dvd, then fix the bootloader using the darwinefi or darwinx86 packages.

o.k., I finally got my system up with the 4coredual sata2 board and your patch on an external USB drive. Everything works out of the box except of course the sata. I edited my .kext and have sata working. So now I want to edit the install disk with my sata controller device ID. I've made a .dmg of the install disk, but can't seem to be able to edit the .kext. How can I edit this image so I can add my device ID to the appleviaata.kext info.plist file? There are actually alot of people who need help with this particular board, and this is a reason why I need help with this. I want to make a tutuorial for people with this board and edit the x86 wiki. a ppf file or in the terminal either way, I need help. device ID is 0x53721106

You haven't said what board, or what sata controller.. (Chipset is important).

As a rule, avoid appleviaata.kext - it's unstable and has severe issues.

What happens at the moment?

@Mysticus @EqUaTe

THANK YOU!

Try turning AHCI off. Don't bother with the bad bios patch, I don't think it'll make any difference (though it might).

Hey man,

Just passing by to thank you (as I forgot earlier) for this patch as it works wonderfully! My Leopard has never run as smoothly as with this patch :D

Thanks and keep up the good work :(

Glad to read a success story :(

Well I got pretty far today in the installs. I downloaded Kalyway iso but it failed to load, does nothing at the gray apple screen, I waited a while for it to do something and it never did. Although I did notice an error that got me thinking. My dvd drive was set to slave, I had forgot I took out my master CD drive and never switched the pins, that fixed my "Still waiting on root device" errors when trying iATKOS iso. I tried bad bios first and it failed to get anywhere so I tried the normal iATKOS with all the patchs but bad bios and bamm it started to load. Everything seemed to go smooth, the install took about an hour as expected and I got the Install sucess screen. Here is where I get nothing, no welcome screens, no errors nothing. If I leave the disk in it just starts the whole reinstall process all over again, if I take it out it just sits in DOS and does nothing. Anyone else had this happen?

In another guide on this forum there is a "iATKOS-AMD.zip" patch, I never applied this to my iso because I figured ir2 covered that.

Checked:

nvinject, remove thermal and powermanagement

ntfsg3

Process:

Torrent > iATKOS_v1.0i.iso >iATKOS_v1.0ir2.ppf > iATKOS_v1.0ir2-EqUaTe1.ppf > iATKOS_v1.0ir2-EqUaTe1.iso > DVD

AMD stuff isn't supported by any normal iatkos. The amd patch likely WONT apply over mine, unless the author provided two versions.

If you can get mine working on amd, well done.

Bear in mind that all these patches are unofficial.

Whoops, forgot about the mobo. Its the Asrock 4coredual sata2 (VIA® PT880 Pro/PT880 Ultra Chipsets). Everything boots fine on the external USB drive(SATA is not seen inside the installation Disk). I had to edit the appleviaata.ktext info file via terminal and add my device ID(0x53721106) to it in order to get the SATA drives up inside Leopard. I would like to get my Device ID into the install disk via a patch of some sort. PPF or through the terminal. I have audio, Ethernet, video. Audio is not the full HD (I Tried the ALC888 install but it didn't work). But so far your patch is the only install I got to work.

That sounds very much like bad media or a bad burn.

It's possible, however, that that chipset isn't supported by the nforce ata kext. I cannot say for certain.

Im pretty positive its not the burn Ive done it many times. Once when I first got it, once after the r2 patch, then your patch, then the bad bios patch, all the same.

I also have the exact problem with the Kalyway version as well, which leaves me to belieave that its the chipset.

Well heres hopeing it will work when I check again in another 6 months.