Problems with notebook speakers?

iNoob

120 posts in this topic

For people running 10.5.2: You need to put back the AppleHDA kext from 10.5.1, then run the patcher and do that trick. Believe me or not, this also happened to me. :)

i just threw the 10.5.1 AppleHDA.kext into my extensions folder, restarted, then used the patcher, restarted, then changed the 27 to 21, restarted. and still no sound from my internal speakers.

well so far the only thing i havent been able to get working is the PCMCIA slot, the card reader, the interal microphone, and the internal speakers. and the only one i even care about out of all of those, is the speakers. are you sure we have to change the 27 to 21? maybe its a different number for acers, seeing you said it works for you, but you also have a different brand of laptop

I have a Uniwill Computer Standard L41II3 and L41II4. Your card reader is USB or PCI? And how did you got you internal mic to work? Lol we have inverse problems: My speakers work but the mic doesn't(however input works), and your speakers don't work but your mic does. ;) Post here your AppleHDA Info.plist and your codec dump.

no, i said i cant get my internal mic to work, only input mics work on my laptop. my pcmcia is PCI i believe. its internal so im not sure exactly what it runs off of, but i know that the last time i tried to install a driver for it, i got a kernel panic and had to reinstall the OS. heres my dump and my info.plist:

ALC883.txt

Info.zip

Lol...I bought this laptop because it was cheap but there was a good reason why it was cheap.

Try having a laptop with Windows vista basic...not that bad....but then try having that same laptop with only 512MB of ram....pretty bad for vista....then to kill it try having it ship with xp INTEL video drivers....that was instant blue screen of death on games lol.

Most acer laptops ive heard of are only having the problem with audio and ethernet but the ethernet is fixable lol.

And what is -f? I noticed it in your sig lol

Lol...I bought this laptop because it was cheap but there was a good reason why it was cheap.

Try having a laptop with Windows vista basic...not that bad....but then try having that same laptop with only 512MB of ram....pretty bad for vista....then to kill it try having it ship with xp INTEL video drivers....that was instant blue screen of death on games lol.

Most acer laptops ive heard of are only having the problem with audio and ethernet but the ethernet is fixable lol.

And what is -f? I noticed it in your sig lol

-f forces all kexts in the Extensions folder to load if i remember correctly