HP TX1000Z Tablet Compatibility with Leopard

BlueCopter

979 posts in this topic

I think it is in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration (or sth like that) and then edit com.apple.Boot..... file!

There you can change the startup options! What is about booting without power?

@iceman: Press COMMAND/APPLE + Space to open spotlight! Type in there "terminal" (always without the quotes)

then type "sudo su" and then your password (if you didnt have any admin password, you have to choose one)

change the directory to the path where you extracted the tx1000packv2 (for example "cd /Users/NAME/Downloads/tx1000Packv2" - where NAME is your username)

then "rm -R /System/Library/SystemConfiguration/PowerManagement.bundle" for removing the old one

"cp -R PowerManagement.bundle /System/Library/SystemConfiguration/"

"chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/SystemConfiguration/PowerManagement.bundle"

"chmod -R 750 /System/Library/SystemConfiguration/PowerManagement.bundle"

After that you can change more things in the system preferences -> energy options (dunno the real english name).

Maybe you have to reboot to see any effects!

@the_29...thanks for the guide but it only solved one of problems! (i am about ready to just spend 1500 to buy a mac!) my hard drive is now shutting down when the computer goes to sleep, but the fan still runs, that is pretty weird.

...is anyone else having this problem?

I think it is in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration (or sth like that) and then edit com.apple.Boot..... file!

There you can change the startup options! What is about booting without power?

it does not get past the battery problem... Also do not use it... it overheats the processor and causes it to emergency shutdown for overheating.

I found something that could be coming out in the future that might help us out. MacBook Touch. Essentially what we're trying to do here. I just hope Apple will put out drivers that recognize different kinds of displays, not just theirs.

I'm still messin with drivers for qe/ci support, and touch calibration, but nothing major yet. I do have the Apple dev kit tho, some pretty powerful tools in there, we'll see what I come up with.

There is already an inofficial MacTouchbook! Its called modbook: http://axiotron.com/

Well, i will remove the idlehalt=0! And i reinstalled my macbook yesterday because with 10.5.4 my USB and Card Reader didnt work anymore!

With 10.5.2 and 10.5.3 USB and card reader is working.

Anyone knows why or has the same problem? (The stupid thing is that mobile.me update is just for 10.5.4 :D)

@Iceman: I think the sleep/standby functionality is not working! Neither with the new powermanagement.bundle! This is just for speedstepping.

There is already an inofficial MacTouchbook! Its called modbook: http://axiotron.com/

Well, i will remove the idlehalt=0! And i reinstalled my macbook yesterday because with 10.5.4 my USB and Card Reader didnt work anymore!

With 10.5.2 and 10.5.3 USB and card reader is working.

Anyone knows why or has the same problem? (The stupid thing is that mobile.me update is just for 10.5.4 :) )

@Iceman: I think the sleep/standby functionality is not working! Neither with the new powermanagement.bundle! This is just for speedstepping.

I am upgrading to 10.5.4 now to test.

BTW how do you speedstep? if I am right speedstepping basically turns off the CPU when not in use right? Like with normal operation in windows... or is it sth else?

Finaly it works!

I installed 10.5.3 amd update then installed the kernel then system.kext and after that 10.5.4 update!

Now my USB and card reader is working. But after the kernel update it didnt work, so i am very happy now that it works now :)

About the speedstep: I can change in tray some settings about more power or balance or normal settings.

I know about the ModBook, I have their drivers on my OSX install. Doesnt pick up my screen as a tablet though. Thats why I'm hoping some official support from Apple will make things work a little better. Another set of drivers will be just another source to pull from in getting working ones.

okay so i messed around with it and i got the powermanegement thingy working...now i put the computer to sleep, but then does not come out of sleep....i read the forums and saw that was a known issue, so i guess that it is just one of those things that you get when you fork out the money for a real mac...

i guess till AmericanYellow can develop the graphics driver with QE/CI support, if he is still working on it, this hackint0sh is pretty much set....

@the_29 thanks for the help, and i won't be one of the !!@#%%$$%$ in this forum, although i am a complete noob, i will try to help out others and stay around the scene!

Just checking in, I've been pretty busy lately (I have a new daughter on the way) putting together baby furniture, and getting the nursery ready.

I see we have a little progress on the tx2000 touchscreens. Sweet Deal!

@wyzazz Congrats, hope everything goes alright!

I'm not sure if I'm making any real progress here, still cant get any of the software to actually know theres a tablet here. Some of them say their calibrating, but it has no real affect on the actual calibration. I figured this would be easier to tackle than writing video drivers from scratch, I'll save that for the pros, OR get me another your of school in, and I should be able to take a crack at it, but like I said....another YEAR......

I noticed an issue with my powermanagement icon in the tray disappearing and now I can't get it back... like the old powermanagement bundle has come back. Anyone else have this issue? And also my bluetooth has turned off and I can't turn it back on... what do I do about that? I hate to have to reload everything again.

Hi, I need some help booting the Leo4All v2 disk on my HP TX2500z

the loader freezes itself @ "Using ACPI RSDP revision 2 fount at 0x000fe020"

I couldnt get it booted to install Leopard..

Somebody please help...

my tx2500z configuration:

Bios: F.05 (F0.4 for tx2000z couldnt be installed on tx2500z)

CPU: AMD Turion X2 RM70 2.0ghz

Ram: 2GB DDR2

Graphic: ATI Radeon HD 3200

HDD: 250gb

Optical: DVDrw

Wireless: 802.11g/b WLAN & BlueTooth

Battery: 8Cell

@neoobs

Try reinstalling the powermanagement.kext from the_29's package.

@ggerman28

I don't know much about the tx2500, except that it's a complete hardware upgrade to our lappys. It's completely different than anything anyone in this thread has. I would give another disk, maybe v3, maybe zeophryth, a try and see what that does for you.

The TX2500 is a completely different computer. The tx1000 and tx2000 have the same chipset and most hardware is the same, but as far as the tx2500 goes probably only the touchscreen is the same as the tx2000.

I would search forums for the amd 780 chipset to get you started then once you get leo up an running this forum would probably help with tweaking the little things.

I want to see this tablet work. I think if it gets up and running it will be easier to get QE/CI with the ATI integrated graphics than our crappy shared Nvidia.

Good Luck! Report back with any info...

Well, I have several different Leopard install dvds...

Jas 10.5.2 -- not working, freeze @ loading @ very beginning.

Kalyway 10.5.2 -- not working, same as above.

Leo4All v2 -- not working, same as above

There is one more DVD i labeled "Leopard Hackintosh" from leopard version 10.5.0...

it loaded.. till the screen with white background and apple logo.. then it froze....

what is wrong actually? the loader problem perhaps?

open a terminal and type:

sudo nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

type your password.

you should see something like this.

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string></string>

<key>Boot Graphics</key>

<string>No</string> <-------------------------------just change the "No" to "Yes"

<key>Quiet Boot</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>5</string>

</dict>

</plist>

after you edit:

<key>Boot Graphics</key>

<string>Yes</string>

hit ctrl o and then enter

there's lots of boot options you can change with this file

there's more on the wiki

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Tips_And_Tricks

did you try booting the dvds with the

-x -v -legacy cpus=1

flags?

give it a shot and see if you can actually get the installer started.

i can see the kext being loaded but the result is the same. it frezzes at the same spot.

thanks anyway