10.5.2 IS FINALLY HERE

SuperNet33

19 posts in this topic

I will try and use the Pacifist method to install it on my Hackintosh as I have the ToH version installed so can't do a normal installation of it. Will let you all know how it went assuming my hackintosh survives the operation lol

-- seems like I will have to wait a little while as Apple does not have a combo out on their site and that is the only way the Pacifist method would work. Oh well tomorrow it is then!

Be careful, I think most people will be in panic in the middle of the update :D

ps - I won´t say later: ' I told you so! '

Like me for example.

I cannot restart now.

ps: Check netkas.org before installing.

Well, I'll give it a shot since I have three identical partitions, thanks to SuperDuper! I 'll try it on one of them I never use...

BTW, I'm running Kalyways's 10.5.1 with EFI.

Just an update:

Using the netkas instructions, the upgrade went well. When the system rebooted, I was treated to the loading logo, which went on for quite a while. After about six minutes, I manually rebooted the system and 10.5.2 came up and all is running well so far.

Attempted installing using netkas method. Instantly after the file appears that I am supposed to delete the computer freezes and is permentantly messed up. Had to restore the entire image. Tried again, same thing.

Currently back and running 10.5.1

AMD X2 6000+

3GB DDR2

8800GT OC

Attempted installing using netkas method. Instantly after the file appears that I am supposed to delete the computer freezes and is permentantly messed up. Had to restore the entire image. Tried again, same thing.

Currently back and running 10.5.1

AMD X2 6000+

3GB DDR2

8800GT OC

If you're running the script in Terminal while installing 10.5.2, you shouldn't have to drag/drop and delete it. That's what the script does for you. :)

I wish I could follow that advice, I had the same KP issue. I have no idea how to run a script in terminal though..:) I'm not sure what to do with

"Open Terminal/Finder/etc, go to System/Library/Extensions. start installing update."