Wake up from USB Keyboard/Mouse?

shila

18 posts in this topic

Hello,

I can wake my maschine with the power button, but can´t wake it with USB keyboard or mouse.

When I try to wake the system from USB it tries to wake up, this means disk wakes but display remains in

sleep/black. I think the system craches because even with keyboard shortcuts I can´t turn of the system.

I´m using Asus P5GZ-MX, Gigabyte 7300 GS, original Apple USB keyboard/mouse,

happens in Tiger 10.4.11 and Leopard 10.5.1.

Does wake from usb work?

shila

Hello,

I can wake my maschine with the power button, but can´t wake it with USB keyboard or mouse.

When I try to wake the system from USB it tries to wake up, this means disk wakes but display remains in

sleep/black. I think the system craches because even with keyboard shortcuts I can´t turn of the system.

I´m using Asus P5GZ-MX, Gigabyte 7300 GS, original Apple USB keyboard/mouse,

happens in Tiger 10.4.11 and Leopard 10.5.1.

Does wake from usb work?

shila

I had to enable it in my BIOS. Look for something with S3 and USB.

try the AppleSMBIOS.kext from efi_v80. I have sleep/wake working fine from USB via a KVM switch, using vanilla 10.5.1 kernel and efi (5.2)
Hi,

thanks for the answer, but thats what I´m using. Any other idea?

I had to enable it in my BIOS. Look for something with S3 and USB.
What´s your mainboard? There is nothing like this in my bios!

Hi,

sleep works to for me, but can´t wake from usb!? Can you wake up from USB keyboard or mouse?

I have a Asus P5GC-MX/1333. Just found it out yesterday: There is a jumper on board called PS2_USBPWR. I had to set pins 2-3 (+5VSB not +5V). Again set sleep in BIOS to S3 only.

Deep sleep works perfectly now.

Hi ,my problem is the same. But only with 10.5.1. I tested many combinations acpi,smbioses and kernels... :blink:

In 10.4.11 all works perfect only with hacked kernel 8.10.1 !!! :laser:

Oh, and your usb keyboard or mouse must be connected directly to MB! Many USB hubs not supported wakeup! :D

• 1 month later...
Yes, the system wakes up from USB keyboard or mouse.

I set jumpers to 2-3 with no luck. I have MoBo P5GC-MX/1333. Could you post bios settings? All I need is sleep and my Hackintosh will be complete.

When I select sleep from the Apple menu, it sleeps. When I try to wake it up, the hard drive comes on, but monitor just searches for signal and ten goes black. I think the computer is locking up. :(

using Vanilla Kernel and Kalyway 10.5.1

• 2 weeks later...
joeydg, take a look at changing the Video drivers. Your wake function is hanging because of the video card.

What other video drivers are there besides Nvinject. I hve the same problem joeydg has. Im using Kalyway 10.5.2.

• 3 weeks later...

So I finally found the problem:

when I saw "eberts" comments I thought about changing my P5GZ-MX to a P5GC-MX/1333 for getting this to work. I found a really cheap one on ebay and changed the mobo... -> problem not solved, only wakes correct when using power button.

But yesterday I got it to work!!! ... You have to disable USB Legacy Support in BIOS!!!... Now I can wake my system also from usb Keyboard or mouse!

hope this helps

shila

Yes, that´s the price you have to pay! But Shutdown, Restart, Sleep and Wake from mouse or keyboard works perfekt, for me!

If i disable USB Legacy, my keyboard / mouse don't work in DOS so I can't even type -f or -v if I need to :/

• 2 months later...
joeydg, take a look at changing the Video drivers. Your wake function is hanging because of the video card.

Thanks. After I click the mouse or keyboard, the computer seems to wake up - just with no video. I just installed another video driver. I'll let you know how it goes. :dance_24:

• 4 months later...
I have a Asus P5GC-MX/1333. Just found it out yesterday: There is a jumper on board called PS2_USBPWR. I had to set pins 2-3 (+5VSB not +5V). Again set sleep in BIOS to S3 only.

WONDERFUL!!! for months and months been trying to figure out the sleep issue (on P5GC-MX/1333)... now it works!!! But will put the computer to sleep till in the morning and see what happens..

It works in OSX.5.5

But in OSX.4.11 with Darwin 8.9.1, it'll go to sleep but when you wake up from sleep it'll go straight to shutdown... does anyone know how to fix this?

Two options I've thought of is -

Use OSX.5.5 but DVD player does not work as I do video editing and I rely on DVD player to view media on the HDD - DVD player quits when playing but sleep works...

or

Use OSX.4.11 but try different version of Darwin.

Cheers

AP

:thumbsup_anim: Great!! it really worked!

1,000,000 thanks to eberts!