Flip3D in Windows XP

~pcwiz

16 posts in this topic

Screenshot attached. Easiest, nicest, and most customizable way to do it using 3rd party software. No slow downs at all, the only drawback is that it costs $14.95, however, I managed to snag a "test" copy from Rapidshare (for educational purposes of course :P )

The software is called TopDesk and it works EXCELLENT with awesome special effects and the highest level of customization.

Enjoy!

EDIT: Second screenshot added, with the title text removed to make it more Vista like. Can you tell the difference between this and the real thing? :angel:

xpflip.jpg

flip3d2.jpg

Edited by ~pcwiz

@Colonel,

Whatever you say...I don't own legal Vista and I'm not about to shell out $200 for it either, and I'm not willing to pirate it :angel:

@Mebster,

It works great, and with no slow down AT ALL and it looks almost exactly like the real thing :unsure:

I don't know exactly what you mean :) Well, I started up a video in Windows Media Player and tried Flip but it wouldn't play the video while in the Flip mode, just a black screen.

Yeah well when you flip say a Windows Media Player playing a movie in Vista you can actually see the video playing (as in don't get a black screen) I think expose does the same. Not a big deal but was just curious.

Win Vista Ultimate 32 Bit OEM for $169.99

Win Vista Ultimate 64 Bit OEM for $189.99

~pcwiz, you might as well use Vista. Seriously, it's gotten so much better since RTM. After you've installed all of the updates, and all of the latest drivers it's better than XP really. Vista probably runs with less resources than XP skinned to look like Vista anyways.

Well my skin doesn't use up resources, thats the point :| It uses an MSStyle so no resource usage there, and none of the extra sidebar and start menu junk. However, I have been looking somewhere to get Vista cheap but $169.99 is just too expensive. erei33, is your copy legal or pirated?

Well my skin doesn't use up resources, thats the point :P It uses an MSStyle so no resource usage there, and none of the extra sidebar and start menu junk. However, I have been looking somewhere to get Vista cheap but $169.99 is just too expensive. erei33, is your copy legal or pirated?

Legal. I bought the $260 upgrade version (so I could have x32 and x64) a few days after RTM was out. And $169.99 isn't that expensive at all, that's like $40 more than Leopard?