KDE for Windows and OS X

~pcwiz

10 posts in this topic

What we really need is for KDE to be implemented as an explorer replacement. I have done that (run KDE apps) even when guides were not around. It is fairly simple to get KDE apps running on another OS. Let me see the whole KDE running on a mac or PC as a browser replacement. But overall, Kudos to them, at least now you don't have to spend night and day on getting them to work...

To be honest, I can't see a reason to run Linux apps like that on a PC or a Mac.

I agree on the mac version, we don't need a desktop environment like that in OS X or at least in Leopard, if we are talking older versions like OS X 10.1 or 10.2 it may work, but Tiger and Leopard are excellent and state-of-art desktop environment.

I agree on the mac version, we don't need a desktop environment like that in OS X or at least in Leopard, if we are talking older versions like OS X 10.1 or 10.2 it may work, but Tiger and Leopard are excellent and state-of-art desktop environment.

KDE/Mac isn't meant to replace the existing desktop, instead of it will enable you to run KDE apps on Mac natively ... and there are a lot good ones out there.