Asus P5K-E and P5K Premium users

gambcl

76 posts in this topic

Can anyone get the IDE/PATA to work on the P5K-E? if so, how?

Ok, i got it working.

Now another issue - My ram is recognized as 4GB 800Mhz DDR. It should be 4GB 800Mhz DDR2 SDRAM. What does the "about this mac" say about your Ram? is there a fix to have it recognised as DDR2?

And one (last) issue - When i overclock the CPU the speed of the RAM drops to 667 MHZ, I have not overclocked before, so can anyone assist me with this?

• 1 month later...

I've got this board together with a Q6600, I find I'm having real problems with sleep, shutdown and restart and also 'About this mac' says something along the lines of unknown machine (writing this from windows atm!) does anyone knwo how to fix either fo these issues?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so here is my setup:

Asus P5K-E/Wifi

Q6600

2GB RAM

2x250GB on RAID 0 - SATA

2x160GB on RAID 1 - SATA

1x80GB non-RAID - SATA <- MacOSX

1xDVD-ROM - JMicron AHCI

1xDVD-RW - JMicron AHCI

I had to either have a SATA DVD Rom or use a USB. But recently iDeneb just released a 10.5.4 OSX distro with JMicron IDE support. SO I am able to start the setup from it. However, the only way I can get it to install is by switching SATA mode from RAID to AHCI and disabling my RAID HDD's so that the array doesnt get screwed.

When installed with the 9.4.0 Modbin kernel, video, audio and LAN dont run out of the box.

Goto www.nvinstall.com to get the latest video drivers

I found the lan and audio drivers by googling asus p5k-e lan drivers

I'd like to get soft-raid support so I can have a dual boot system without going through the hassle of switching between RAID and AHCI all the time.

Also time machine and image creator doesnt work on USB HDD for some reason

Hope this helps

iLuke & sepulcher you can search the forums for ~pcwiz OSX86Tools, with that u can edit the about this mac screen even the picture.

iLuke as for overclocking that is not my department sorry.

Sepulcher & Kams as for the shutdown and sleep issues all of them are more then likely to be related to the kernel I use a stock vanilla one and everything works fine for me. I installed from a retail DVD and the boot-132 disk with my drivers for vid LAN , after install I install wifi and sound. As for raid I haven't set that up yet with this board so I do not know what driver should be used. Now on the forums there are a few posts about installing for retail an having setup raid you might find it usefull.

Hope this helps.

Cheers EnCoDeD, I did fix the mac screen with OSXtools following your PM cheers for that, I have 2 other possible fixes now to look at a shutdown bug fix posted on the iDeneb thread and also NVKush as an alternative to NVInject as a means of fixing the sleep/shutdown issue. I'll try both and psot back my findings.

Incidentally I installed onto my sata drives using IDE mode rather than AHCI without any problems :)

good to see you got that part working. For the rest of it I would still say look into using the vanilla kernel from 10.5.4 it should be 9.4 I use it but I have an ATI card not nvidia. Not sure if that makes a diference. Only thing else as I said would be to try a full install with the retail DVD and see if that works.

I'm running the vanilla kernel, the NVKush drivers have solved my sleep/shutdown/restart issues, so I'm happy with that, all I have left to solve now is controlling the CPU fan speed, going to start looking into speedstep next, as a fix for that.

I'm amazed that everything is working tbh, I expected a few things not to be so this is pretty damn good. I must admit my experience of OSX goes back a few years to my old G3/4 desktop and laptop back then OSX seemed pretty slow, but it runs so so fast on my 3.6Ghz quad core rig :)

Cheers again Encoded!

I think the problem with the fan is that I have it controlled by Speedfan in Vista so the only time the CPU fan really spins up is during a COD4 session, otherwise its pretty silent, however on OSX the CPU spins at full tilt as there is no software control for it. I can slow it in the bios, but that would require me to go into the bios each time I wanted to switch between OS's as I cant have both speedfan and the bios controlling the cpu fan at the same time :glare:.

I wish there was a speedfan for hackintosh!

hamidjan,

What model board do you have? If it is the P5K E Wifi/AP then you can use the Taruga Rev 3 or Rev 4 installer that I have posted in the topic.... If it is one of the other models you need to know what audio chipset it uses and let me know and we can find drivers for it.

Hi guys,

I'm new in this forum, this is my fifth time posting. I have to say this forum is very helpful as I've installed my first hackintosh just yesterday from months of reading about hackintosh in the wonderful forum.

To get to the topic, this is my specs:

Mobo: Asus P5K-VM (bios OTB setting standard)

Proc: C2D 2.13

Ram: 2 Gig 667

HDD: 300GB SATA (also worked with my 120GB IDE during install)

DVD-ROM: IDE(slave)

Video: GeForce 7600GT 512 PCIe

LAN: Onboard

Audio: Onboard HD

KB: ps/2

mouse: USB

1. Installed Kalyway 10.5.2, everything worked out of the box except video, shutdown works fine. USB ports not working well(cannot detect plugged Flash drives, until you reboot).

2. Installed Universal NVidia package, detected my video card properly, shutdown works fine.

3. upgrade to Kalyway's Combo Update to 10.5.3, also upgrade kernel 9.3, again everything works fine, all USB ports working including shutdown.

4. Again installed Universal NVidia package as my video was not detected after upgrade to 10.5.3, then video fine, shutdown OK.

OT:

I installed OS X for iPhoto, just i really need it badly. But to my surprise no iPhoto is installed in the system. So I installed my downloaded iLife08, there pops up iPhoto but there's no themes installed.....I know this is not the thread for my problem but maybe someone out there can help.....Thanks in advance.....

TiDo

Philippines.

i have the p5k e wifi ap with e8400 and an 8600gts with 2 gig ram and all sata drives

i can run 10.5.2 vanilla kernel perfectly

everything works, is recognized and ok

when i update to 10.5.3 and 10.5.4 however system cannot recognice ich9r, it come out as generic ahci controller and internal drives appear as external with orange icons

sleep is messed up too, it sleeps but it wont wake up

i think its because of the drives appearing as external which the system ejects at sleep and cannot initialize at wake

if anybody has any idea how to return ich9r support under 10.5.2 it would be great

hach1r0ku

i have the p5k e wifi ap with e8400 and an 8600gts with 2 gig ram and all sata drives

i can run 10.5.2 vanilla kernel perfectly

everything works, is recognized and ok

when i update to 10.5.3 and 10.5.4 however system cannot recognice ich9r, it come out as generic ahci controller and internal drives appear as external with orange icons

sleep is messed up too, it sleeps but it wont wake up

i think its because of the drives appearing as external which the system ejects at sleep and cannot initialize at wake

if anybody has any idea how to return ich9r support under 10.5.2 it would be great

I would reinstall the drivers I posted before. It should solve the problems you got when you updated to 10.5.4 as I had this problem and that fixed it.

got shutdown to work

apparently if pnp is set to no in the bios the system shutsdown propery

so its leopard that cant manage the devices in the system messing up shutdown

Many thanks for documenting that little tweak.. the resume from sleep and then buggy shutdown has been driving me nuts on a P5KE-WiFi.

Unfortunately pnp was already set to no so and still looking for a solution.

Many thanks for documenting that little tweak.. the resume from sleep and then buggy shutdown has been driving me nuts on a P5KE-WiFi.

Unfortunately pnp was already set to no so and still looking for a solution.

got shutdown to work

apparently if pnp is set to no in the bios the system shutsdown propery

so its leopard that cant manage the devices in the system messing up shutdown

I have same problem with shutdown/sleep but solved by using the original audio driver come with Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD.

Intially, I install OSX on board audio not working so I use Taruga ADI1988B Rev.3 driver. it work great with my OSX 10.5x machine, but then I can not get the system shutdown/sleep working properly.

Here how I solve the shutdown/sleep problem.

Install Kalyway 10.5.2 with Vanila Kernel

[Audio driver section]

select only:

"Intel NVIDIA VIA ATI HDAudioController"

"Realtek Sigmatel ConexantAnalogDevicesHDAudioCodec (generic output support)"

[other PATCHES] section

uncheck:

USBPCGen (fix usbehci detection problem , enable usb2)

On the 1st boot audio working!

do Kalyway 10.5.3 comboupdate with Vanila Kernel 9.4 9.3

then OSX update to 10.5.4

install CHUD.pkg (this need for shutdown working properly)

install Poweroff_Fix

Now my OSX shutdown/sleep working correct like it should be.

wrapup: if you have shutdown/sleep prolem 1st check and solve "Audio Driver" issue

Excuse me for my English!

Phhh

Hmm, I don't have Audio enabled in BIOS at this point.

I can shutdown and sleep.

Sleep and resume work fine.

The issue is trying to shutdown after a sleep and resume has happened.

That is the only time a shutdown problem occurs.

I will try to sleep and shutdown after that and will confirm,

Phhh

Confirm it work!

Manually put the system to sleep (with some apps open)

about 5 minute, wake it up... then it shutdown

it works 3 out of 3 times that I have try

Phhh

UPDATED 10.5.5!

If you are running a Vanilla kernel with DFE Boot 132 you can update with Software Update . Here is my proof.....

Only thing I had to do was reinstall my audio drivers and my ICH9 drivers for yellow icons. Reboot/Shutdown still work fine, never use sleep never test it. Since the other works fine, test and see what happens with your fix you had working.

EDIT: some more test... Shutdown is NOT working correctly again, Restart still works like normal.

System seems a bit slow on start up. Have logs of start up will look it over and see what is slowing it down.

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext is being loaded on start up will remove and test again...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...