Xtorrent can't register serial

drbee

17 posts in this topic

Hi I bought xtorret cause is one of my favourite app but I can't register the product cause it freezes at registration. Here is what console log gives when i try to:

1/28/08 2:54:09 PM Xtorrent[54694] *** -[NSCFData fastestEncoding]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x16b15790

1/28/08 2:54:09 PM Xtorrent[54694] NSExceptionHandler has recorded the following exception:

NSInvalidArgumentException -- *** -[NSCFData fastestEncoding]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x16b15790

Stack trace: 0x11d19a 0x94cef09b 0x9563a46a 0x95638a6c 0x95638b32 0x91c24b6b 0x91c24a10 0x63b9f 0x670c1 0x922a4f94 0x922a4ed4 0x922a4d5a 0x922a43bb 0x922a3c12 0x922a34cc 0x922a1d9b 0x9226ea2c 0xf5c3 0x921cc705 0x921999ba 0x28c2 0x27e9 0x2

1/28/08 2:54:09 PM Xtorrent[54694] *** -[NSCFData fastestEncoding]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x16b15790

1/28/08 2:54:30 PM com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.dyld) Throttling respawn: Will start in 60 seconds

I use transmission as well but I like the search feature of xtorrent. The problem is I'm running it on an hackintosh. I tried it on a macbook and it works fine. So it's something not working on my hackintosh..

Yes, the place to go for help is to contact the developer. They need to know when there are bugs like that, so they can fix the problem, so, definitely contact them. In the meantime, you can try trashing the prefs for the app, and then try registering it. Luckily, there's Transmission, Tomato, and Azureus out there, all for free (and all of them work beautifully these days, don't they?)

I found you this email address to report the bug to:

feedback@acquisitionx.com

I'd get in touch with him, tell him exactly what you told us here, and include that crash log.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi do you have any news about this, i have the same exact problem, i bought this crappy app only for the search feature, not for the rest and it doesn't register on my hack (and well on my macbook...).

I tred to ask him why and he did not respond only: you have the right serial...

Yes, the place to go for help is to contact the developer. They need to know when there are bugs like that, so they can fix the problem, so, definitely contact them. In the meantime, you can try trashing the prefs for the app, and then try registering it. Luckily, there's Transmission, Tomato, and Azureus out there, all for free (and all of them work beautifully these days, don't they?)

I found you this email address to report the bug to:

feedback@acquisitionx.com

I'd get in touch with him, tell him exactly what you told us here, and include that crash log.

:(:thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

Sorry just had to do that, that was hilarious. Nice call drbee :thumbsup_anim:

Was it really that funny..?

Yeah, seriously, contact the developer for support. Personally, I like Transmission, but that's just me... and the rest of the mac user base......

I like Transmission, but that's just me... and the rest of the mac user base......

Except for the ones like me who use rTorrent. It's nice to be able to sit in the coffeshop at lunch time browsing torrent sites with my laptop and start torrents downloading on my home machine so they'll be waiting for me when I get home from work... and yes you can do this easily with Transmission too, but rTorrent is slicker, lighter, and easier to control remotely. ^_^

• 2 years later...

Has anyone actually solved this? Because all I see is people scolding the guy for buying something and people suggesting he use other software.

I've emailed Dave Watanabe myself and all he said was "That's impossible to answer without knowing your code.

Thanks for your feedback."

I replied with my serial and he went silent and I never heard from him again. (This was in February). Not really sure what to do other than go through the Better Business Bureau.

Anyone have any solutions?

If you want to scold me for buying, just yell at Dave yourself

davew@exosci.com

• 5 months later...

Is the solution to simply not use xTorrent?

Much like the other users on this page, I can stand having to manage the torrent files and the various torrent sites and the BS sites that are paid top ranking sites that just try to sell their premium "fast" downloads.

Search, Look for the amount of seeders, Download.

This works fine on my Apple MBP but months later still will not activate on Hackintosh.

I have contacted the developer, despite paying for my activation code he refuses to respond...

Any solutions?