[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

Now, I will like that the Lid causes the sleep, anyone has a clue?

It is in AppleACPIButtons, but that is not opensource afaik. Maybe something thirdparty are out there. Or if one have time disassemble and hack it. The laptop is able to wake up osx when opening lid.

The laptop is able to wake up osx when opening lid.

Yes, I liked that at least the lid works for wake

Thansk or the inf Superhai.

By the way, I tried to modify the PCgenUSBEHCI sources, but XCode keeps telling me errors, also in te original sources. did I installed it wrong or do I need another files?

By the way, I tried to modify the PCgenUSBEHCI sources, but XCode keeps telling me errors, also in te original sources. did I installed it wrong or do I need another files?

What errors do you get? I only was missing IOHibernateInternal.h which I copied from xnu sources.

What errors do you get? I only was missing IOHibernateInternal.h which I copied from xnu sources.

On original IOUSBFamily:

IOUSBHIDDriver.cpp:

clock_get_uptime(&timeStamp);

error: cannot convert 'AbsoluteTime*' to 'uint64_t*' for argument '1' to 'void clock_get_uptime(uint64_t*)'

I I build only the AppleUSBEHCI:

on USBOHCI.h:

#ifndef _USBOHCI_H_

#define _USBOHCI_H_

error: unterminated #ifndef

it is really not that important, just want to know if I did something wrong.

Hello,

I copied the PCGenUSBEHCI to the extensions folder repaired permissions and rebooted but now I have no USB at all and my blure tooth does not work. They both worked before the PCGenUSBEHCI. Can someone send me a good working copy of PCGenUSBEHCI so I can roll this back. I know I knwo I should have backed up the original but I did't! :-(

I have kalyway 10.5.2 on a Dell M1530. Everything else works sound and webcam and even sleep. I have wireless working via truemoblie 1390card but no ethernet yet.

Thanks

Geekdad

PCGenUSBEHCI does not go on Extensios folder ,you need to delete the AppleUSBEHCI.kext and place the PCGenUSBEHCI there:

whole path is:

/System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/

BTW, just bought a Dell Truemobile Wireless 1505 Draft N mini PCI card from ebay, now that lappy sleeps fine, and Zydas dongle does not work after wake it will be a perfect Lapintosh.

PCGenUSBEHCI does not go on Extensios folder ,you need to delete the AppleUSBEHCI.kext and place the PCGenUSBEHCI there:

whole path is:

/System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/

BTW, just bought a Dell Truemobile Wireless 1505 Draft N mini PCI card from ebay, now that lappy sleeps fine, and Zydas dongle does not work after wake it will be a perfect Lapintosh.

I also copied the kext in the extensions folder. i will try to fix it.

ouch, bad news : i installed pcgenusbehci, removed appleusbehci in plugins sections of iousbfamily, made a chown/chmod on iousbfamily.kext, repair premissions, reboot, and my laptop stop on the white charging page of mac OS, he stays here and do go further, i got the little circle running but nothing happens. So how do i change that, because i'm note the best with commands i got to do from the darwin bootloader, and why did it happen ?

i added the file into the correct directory and my m1330 does in fact go to sleep mode! but when i go to open the lid it will wake for about 2 seconds and i well receive a message that requests i hold down the power button for several seconds, or hit the restart button.

i am running iatkos off of an external hard disk may this be the reasoning?

Also i have added the sigmatel 9228 codec and that has also worked for me! but some times upon reboot sound will not work and the sleep display corner does not fix this for me.

My laptop also boots into sleep display and i have to use the sleep display corner to have my screen appear.

i added the file into the correct directory and my m1330 does in fact go to sleep mode! but when i go to open the lid it will wake for about 2 seconds and i well receive a message that requests i hold down the power button for several seconds, or hit the restart button.

Also i have added the sigmatel 9228 codec and that has also worked for me! but some times upon reboot sound will not work and the sleep display corner does not fix this for me.

My laptop also boots into sleep display and i have to use the sleep display corner to have my screen appear.

i now also have copied the file into the plugin folder so usb is working again but i have a similar problem. The computer does sleep but will not wake up anymore.

my vostro was sleeping before the installation of this kext but it didn't wake up.

I've tried to install this kext and I've lost my USB ports and sleep doesn't work...

Let's hope that it will work ASAP

On original IOUSBFamily:

IOUSBHIDDriver.cpp:

clock_get_uptime(&timeStamp);

error: cannot convert 'AbsoluteTime*' to 'uint64_t*' for argument '1' to 'void clock_get_uptime(uint64_t*)'

Yes, you will get that error. You can change (in this case) it to

clock_get_uptime( (uint64_t *) &timeStamp);

to avoid it. Or use gcc 3.

Oh and btw the #ifndef error can quicly be fixed by putting and #endif at the end of the header (it is there so the declarations will be twice)

After doing some edits to the AppleYukon.kext I have managed to get the hackintosh to somewhat recognize my 88e8040. A new device is detected in network preferences and the lights on the Nic itself light up. However, it just says that no network cable connected.

After some googling I've found that the 88e8040 is a new type of card not covered by most current drivers. There is no driver for BSD, there is a patch for Solaris and the Linux kernel has just gotten one.

Now please let me know you knowledgeable, would it be a biggie porting either the Linux or Solaris driver to OS X?

I'm thinking the Solaris driver as that one come as a patch to the regular Yukon driver so that one should make it obvious what is needed and what should be changed.

Alternatively, I wouldn't have a bother forking out 10-20 quid for a supported Nic. Is the Nic on a M1530 user replaceable? - anyone done it???

or am I being a tit altogether, please tell me if USB is the only option if I want wired.

ouch, bad news : i installed pcgenusbehci, removed appleusbehci in plugins sections of iousbfamily, made a chown/chmod on iousbfamily.kext, repair premissions, reboot, and my laptop stop on the white charging page of mac OS, he stays here and do go further, i got the little circle running but nothing happens. So how do i change that, because i'm note the best with commands i got to do from the darwin bootloader, and why did it happen ?

Why this happen, don't know, Sometimes (very few) I got the reboot screen, then next time I don't.

How to solve, bot into sigle user mode (-s) mount main volume as writeable "mount -uw /" then erase extensions cashe "rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext" and "reboot" if error persist boot in safe mode (-x)

Sure, since all the USB ´ports are power down on sleep.

Use the already patched AppleHDA.kext, is the only one tha gives you speakers on XPS M1330.

After doing some edits to the AppleYukon.kext I have managed to get the hackintosh to somewhat recognize my 88e8040. A new device is detected in network preferences and the lights on the Nic itself light up. However, it just says that no network cable connected.

After some googling I've found that the 88e8040 is a new type of card not covered by most current drivers. There is no driver for BSD, there is a patch for Solaris and the Linux kernel has just gotten one.

Now please let me know you knowledgeable, would it be a biggie porting either the Linux or Solaris driver to OS X?

I'm thinking the Solaris driver as that one come as a patch to the regular Yukon driver so that one should make it obvious what is needed and what should be changed.

Alternatively, I wouldn't have a bother forking out 10-20 quid for a supported Nic. Is the Nic on a M1530 user replaceable? - anyone done it???

or am I being a tit altogether, please tell me if USB is the only option if I want wired.

USB to ethernet is the most popular, but there were PCMCIA ethernet cards, don't know if there are Express Cards for Ethernet (also don't kno if the express card bay works on Mac OS), I had once a SCSI to Ethernet adapter.

in the system prefs menu under energy saving if i were to uncheck the box for "put disks to sleep when possible"

would be a solution for my problem with the external harddisk after waking the computer from sleep?

I don't think so, since the USB prts are power down anyway.

I am sorry MacGirl, that is what I did. But lost USB and bluetooth. I reapplied the Kalyway combo update and I have my USB and bluetooth back. It also sleeps but will not sleep when I close the lid..........

Will keep reading the post to see if anyone has gotten that to work..

Geekdad

Use the already patched AppleHDA.kext, is the only one tha gives you speakers on XPS M1330.

i did use this file and it did work at first but upon reboot it would not. the sleep display trick has not worked for me.

I made another one USBEHCI for sleep kext (now with hopefully foolproof package :( ) this one based on apples source (308.4.0) not the PCGen one, as I believe it is not necessary for the XPS M1330. (I am not sure about other dells) .

-> USBEHCI Updater <-

If you have any problems you might open up the Console and check the logs for what happened. And if you have PCGenUSBEHCI installed - remove it.

Is there any possible way to not have the usb ports disabled during sleep mode? Because also for the short period of time before i receive a message to restart i have sound. This seems to be a solution for that as well.