[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

@macgirl...

My battery died, so the computer went off.. I tried to power it back on again but booting failed.. I'm going to type the message, let me know if you know a fix, I tried repairing permissions on the install DVD and checking/reparing the disk...:

npvhash=4095
hi mem tramps at 0xffe00000
PAE enabled
64 bit mode enabled
Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.0: Tue Feb 5 16:13:22 PST 2008; root:xnu-1228.3.13~1/RELEASE_I386
standard timeslicing quantum is 10000us
vm_page_bootstrap: 514934 free pages and 9354 wired pages
mig_table_max_displ = 79
panic(cpu 0 caller 0x00430CE1): "Unable to find the driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n"@SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1228.3.13/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1407
Debugger called: <panic>
Backtrace, Format - Frame : Return Address (4 potential Args on stack)
0x2da27dd8 : 0x12b0e01 (0x457024 0x2da27e0c 0x13321a 0x0)	<- like 6 more of these, but different... then:
Backtrace terminated-invalid frame pointer 0

BSD Process name corresponding to the current thread: Unknown

Mac OS Version: 
Not yet Set

Kernel version:
Darwin Kernel version 9.2.0 Tue Feb 5 16:13:22 PST 2008; root:xnu-1228.3.13~1/RELEASE_I386

I'm not reinstalling, if there isn't a fix, i'm going to just wait a year then buy the Mac Book Air

hello,

does a keyboard layout corresponding to our vostro (in my case this is a 1700, i.e with num pad) exist?

Furthermore, what are the exact solutions for those who fail to shutdown/restart their laptop after having installed the drivers for the nvidia 8600m GT?

Has anybody noticed that OSX parks the head on the hard drive a lot? By a lot, i mean several times a minute when playing songs in iTunes. Maybe its an issue with the sata controller?

I have not noticed this "issue". I will try to listen for it on my next iTunes listening spree. What model are you using? I have a Vostro 1400. Also what is you system specs? It could be you have a 7200rpm drive and large amounts of ram? I assume this may be the cause of why the head only needs to seek/read very little during music playing. (sorry i dont think that makes any sense :unsure: )

I have not noticed this "issue". I will try to listen for it on my next iTunes listening spree. What model are you using? I have a Vostro 1400. Also what is you system specs? It could be you have a 7200rpm drive and large amounts of ram? I assume this may be the cause of why the head only needs to seek/read very little during music playing. (sorry i dont think that makes any sense :) )
Ive got a M1530, with the 5400 rpm 250 GB drive (Fujitsu MHY2250BH). Ive noticed it also does it in the finder, with nothing else open. It will access something, and then the hard drive will give off its distinctive "Click" when the drive head parks.It seems to do it as well in Vista, but not nearly as frequently. I can't help but think that so many parks aren't a good thing for the drive's life.
Worked off the back for me... if your talking about the IR version that comes with the m1330, I'm not sure if the BT one works, but I'm sure it would.
Ive got the ir version, and I can go up and down the playlist and change the volume with it, but play, stop, and the other control buttons dont seem to do anything. Maybe the m1530's remote is different (though I can't imagine that it is)?

could somebody share with me the 2 files named IObluetooth.framework and IObluetoothHui.framework in \System\Library\FrameworksThankscould somebody share with me the 2 IObluetooth.framework and IObluetoothHui.framework in \System\Library\FrameworksThanks

just a quick question rom anybody who is reading this...

Can i install 9.2.0 kernel with fixed shutdown on iatkos 10.5.1 with on disk EFI emulator and package..iatkos disc has Vanila right?

PS bluetooth...

If you restart from windows then your bluetooth wouldnt work...if you shutdown windows and then start the computer and boot to osx then your blueetoth would work, thats the situation on mine.

Even if that doesnt work, after 2,3 shutdowns or restart under OSX then the bluetooth would stat working...

here is bluetooth frameworks...

http://rapidshare.com/files/96882593/Frameworks.zip

I tried to ask this question over in this thread but I got no bites so I'll try here.

Hello.

Dell Inspiron 1420 with networking problems.

I have purchases a MB442Z/A Apple USB Enternet Adapter as my unboard unit just would not work.

I'm running iATKOS all pathed up. I updated with Kalyway 10.5.2 Update and all is going well.

This USB Ethernet adapter is recognized but it does not seem to work.

In System Profiler, under USB I see it listed as:

Apple USB Enternet Adapter:

Version: 0.0.1

BUS Power(mA): 500

Speed: Up to 480 MB/sec

Manufacturer: Apple Inc.

Proudct ID: 0x1402

This does not show up in System Preferences Networking.

When I plug the ethernet cable into the built in, non working adapter in the laptop, the switch lights up. The switch does nothing when I plug it into this USB adapter instead.

Do I need to do some configuration? I am a total OSX newb and from my poking around I can't find any equivalent of adding new hardware and letting the OS know it is for ethernet.

Can someone give me some pointers? I found this topic searching for AppleUSBEthernet.kext. Does it have something to do with my issue? Anything I can find on thsi adapter indicates that it should just work with 10.5.2 but that doesn't seem to be the case. While recognized it doesn't seem to be associated with ethernet functionality.

I have not my bluetooth device on 10.5.2 wheres in 10.5.1 I had it.

What are the original drivers for bluetooth because I've replaced the frameworks by those of imar31 (thank you very much) and it doesn't change anything

Please help

those drivers are from 10.5.1 on m1530

i think have to do verify deisk premission in disk utility and delete these 2 kext before reboot. BTW, does your restart and shutdown work?

/System/Library/Extensions.mkext

/System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

delete them before running disk utility..

Hi, jake123, I have a XPS M1530 and I wonder how you manage to get your XPS fully shutdown. Would you please give me a tutorial or link or something to help me? Thanks a lot!

I can't get it to shutdown, nor reboot... I just tried netkas's LATEST kernel, but that didn't fix it.

If you dont get sleep, Let me know, I think I figure out what it is... its the mach_kernel that comes with Kalyway, I'll upload it if you guys want... anyways, I tried the latest kernel which disabled shutdown/reboot/sleep... and with my current kernel i just get sleep.. so sleep is better than none!

I tried to ask this question over in this thread but I got no bites so I'll try here.

I replied on that thread, http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=654558

I can't get it to shutdown, nor reboot... I just tried netkas's LATEST kernel, but that didn't fix it.

If you dont get sleep, Let me know, I think I figure out what it is... its the mach_kernel that comes with Kalyway, I'll upload it if you guys want... anyways, I tried the latest kernel which disabled shutdown/reboot/sleep... and with my current kernel i just get sleep.. so sleep is better than none!

Yes, please, upload that kernel.

Yes, please, upload that kernel.

I saw some other files named mach_kernel, so I just added them... I hope you can get the files... they were hidden under osx, and I didn't unhide them... w/e, here is a link its about 4-5 megs.

http://rapidshare.com/files/97125665/mach_...l_1_.ctfsys.zip <- mach_kernel ctfsys

http://rapidshare.com/files/97131272/mach_kernel.zip <- mach_kernel

I saw some other files named mach_kernel, so I just added them... I hope you can get the files... they were hidden under osx, and I didn't unhide them... w/e, here is a link its about 4-5 megs.

http://rapidshare.com/files/97125665/mach_...l_1_.ctfsys.zip

jake123 -- thanks for taking the time to upload. Unfortunately, all I can see is the mach_kernel.ctfsys. I believe the generic mach_kernel is what's needed. Regardless, I gave the uploaded file a shot to no avail. If the fact that it's hidden is giving you problems, try copying file from / to ~/Desktop in Terminal and zip.

jake123 -- thanks for taking the time to upload. Unfortunately, all I can see is the mach_kernel.ctfsys. I believe the generic mach_kernel is what's needed. Regardless, I gave the uploaded file a shot to no avail. If the fact that it's hidden is giving you problems, try copying file from / to ~/Desktop in Terminal and zip.

My bad, its still hidden.. weird.. but i got the hidden file compressed..

In the edited post above.

let me know how it goes.... heads up: test it first, rename it to something like mach_kernel1, then when u reboot hit F8 and type the name of the file.. IE mach_kernel1

My bad, its still hidden.. weird.. but i got the hidden file compressed..

In the edited post above.

let me know how it goes.... heads up: test it first, rename it to something like mach_kernel1, then when u reboot hit F8 and type the name of the file.. IE mach_kernel1

That did it. I had to use Terminal and 'ls -a' to see the file, however. I tried the new kernel on my XPS M1530, but sleep still didn't work for me. I appreciate your help. While I am getting used to Vista, having sleep working in Leopard would be a huge benefit.

unzip it on windows, it will show up.

I compared the kernel with the Vanilla one, there is no diff.

Jake123, that kernel is from the 10.5.2 update, right?

Hello,

I've understood why I don't have bluetooth on my lappy.

In fact, it's not because of the bluetooth, but because of the USB. Indeed, I've lost USB controller, I mean that when I plug something into an usb port, nothing happen (whereas in 10.5.1 it works). As bluetooth is plugged into a usb port (internal usb port I think), it's not recognized

Do you have any idea to resolve my problem?

unzip it on windows, it will show up.

I compared the kernel with the Vanilla one, there is no diff.

Jake123, that kernel is from the 10.5.2 update, right?

Dang it, I didnt think the update changed the kernel... but i'd assume so...

But the question is, why am i getting sleep, and you guys aren't... I have no idea. I think its that i used kalyway...anyways does anyones Shutdown/Reboot work with the new kernel, because it doesnt for mine.

ALso does anyone get there power management working yet... I cant figure out why it wont work for me!