[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

It seems that Lion runs just fine with DP1 Kexts (Courtesy of farhanito, thanks!), so far, no random freezes, i am not sure about the install as i cloned my other hackintosh HD on it :), WIFI is a bit wonky, i cant connect to WPA2 Personal networks easily, i have to Disable Airport > Add Network Manually > Apply > Enable Airport, but meh, other than that..., just fine

after 10.6.8 update (and airport update) im having issues with wifi card

system is very laggy/freezes because of that

without IO80211Family.kext everything is fine

anybody with the same issue can help ? (m1530 here)

I'm having the same problem and I can't seem to find a solution...

M1330 over here

main thing is edit the Device (PCI) has a line that says _ADR change to _UID.

the smbios.plist seems depends on cpu used .i have T7500 immo hast T8300 ? different speedstep grouping!.

i seem to work best with MacBook5,2

also the chameleon2 rc5 rev seems to matter. get at least 103x or higher. it fixes the faking of the manufacter to manufactURer .

and the smbios.plist has to have the Mac-Fxxxx productid.

my wireless didnt work with macbookpro3,1

my video didnt show without the _UID fix . i also added my video in DSDT and didnt use graphics enabler.(will test more)

DropSSDT didnt help anything. i removed that from boot.com.plist and works fine.

i did use GenerateTStates PStates and CStates.

i also replaced Windows 2001 with Darwin in dsdt

but i modded OSID with DRW 0x40 instead of 0x10 = windows 2001

i didnt have to roll back any kexts 10.6.8 full.. using vodoohda = i have no hdmi plug in 1520

1520_1068_8600M.dsl.zip

I just got it working. I had to rollback kexts, update chameleon, fix my smbios.plist by updating everything to the correct spelling of manufacturer, insert the board id (Mac-F42D89A9, I used MacBook5,1). Everything seems to work just fine now.

Hi,

For who is interested, I posted in DSDT section all my XPSM1330 configuration to have Lion work well, without any Kext replacement ;).

Enjoy.

Fred.

P.S.: for sure, I cannot do it without all the works that was done before !!! Thanks to all of you !!!

Try replacing IOPCIFamily and AppleACPIPlatform with the ones from DP1, get em here

http://tmayr.com/files/ACPI-PCI-LionDP1.zip

They're located in /S/L/E, report back if your installation works, i know it stopped random freezings here, but i did not go trough standard installation methods :) .

A much better way is to simply edit your DSDT.aml as follows:

Device (PCI0)
	{
		Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0A03"))
		Name (_UID, Zero)
		Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
		{

Device (PCI0)
	  {
		  Name (_UID, Zero)
		  {

Darwinx Thankss :)

I did the installation. but random freezes :) ????

post-438632-1310292133_thumb.jpg

Device (PCI0)
	{
		Name (_UID, Zero)
		{

Are you certain this would stop the random freezes?, as far as im concerned, this is for the PCI Configuration Begin bug (so, related to IOPCI kext, which doesnt let you boot at all), the AppleACPI file on the other hand, has nothing to do with that, and is what fixed my freezes i believe.

Darwinx Thankss :)

I did the installation. but random freezes :( ????

Try replacing just the AppleACPI Kext from the zip i uploaded before (check the page before this one).

Are you certain this would stop the random freezes?, as far as im concerned, this is for the PCI Configuration Begin bug (so, related to IOPCI kext, which doesnt let you boot at all), the AppleACPI file on the other hand, has nothing to do with that, and is what fixed my freezes i believe.

Try replacing just the AppleACPI Kext from the zip i uploaded before (check the page before this one).

I believe that those two issues are related and rolling back to older outdated kexts is hardly optimal if a proper DSDT based fix already exists. There are no more system freezes in my rig following the implementation of the fore mentioned DSDT modification.

I believe that those two issues are related and rolling back to older outdated kexts is hardly optimal if a proper DSDT based fix already exists. There are no more system freezes in my rig following the implementation of the fore mentioned DSDT modification.

i can confirm this..:)

in fact, i've never had that [PCI Configuration Begin] issue, but system freezes.. and DSDT fix solved it, no need to rollback those kexts..

btw, have anyone here used Cparm's branch chameleon?

my system always reboots before even get to partition selection screen.. :D

Starting chameleon...

Unable to bind Symbols_safe_malloc

Hi,

Same here. No random freezes after _UID fix. However, make sure you Replace the _ADR with _UID. Do not have both in.

Rgds

Hey guys, I've successfully updated my system to 10.7 GM. Everything is working great (got speedstep to work) except sleep. Sleep works the first time, but if, after waking up, I try to sleep again, it just reboots. I understand this has to do with RTC and CMOS reset (right?), and I added LatinMcG's DSDT fix from here

Device (RTC)
               {
                   Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0B00"))
                   Name (_CRS, ResourceTemplate ()
                   {
                       IO (Decode16,
                           0x0070,             // Range Minimum
                           0x0070,             // Range Maximum
                           0x01,               // Alignment
                           0x08,               // Length
                           )
                   })
               }

but to no effect... Is there any other DSDT patch that I missed? Thanks :P

uncheck secure virtual memory in security of control panel.

in terminal sudo pmset hibernatemode 3

in your dsdt do u have OSID stock ? look at my dsdts ..compare

random freezing was smbios.plist i chose MacBookPro4,1 and got freezing.then switched to MacBookPro3,1 and still froze

so then found MB3,1 i had slow loading of safari pics browsing 4,1

5,1 or 5,2 works fine for me .. not pro

uncheck secure virtual memory in security of control panel.

in terminal sudo pmset hibernatemode 3

in your dsdt do u have OSID stock ? look at my dsdts ..compare

random freezing was smbios.plist i chose MacBookPro4,1 and got freezing.then switched to MacBookPro3,1 and still froze

so then found MB3,1 i had slow loading of safari pics browsing or 4,1 or 5,1 or 5,2 works fine for me .. not pro

Secure virtual memory isn't an option (anymore? I remember seeing it)...

setting hibernatemode to 3 (was 0 before on purpose) makes it not wake up at all. With 0 it wakes up the first time, and reboots the second time. I tried all the DSDT edits I could find related to getting sleep to work (OSID is same as yours) and after 3 hours of trying to get this to work, still no success. Sleep once, wakes up fine. Sleep again, reboot. I don't get it :)

Do you guys have fully working sleep? Maybe I should try making a brand new DSDT from scratch...

extract dsdt (untouched and your modded) . let me compare to current . .zip both and post here

better yet .. get the Run_me.zip from dsdt auto-patcher thread 1st post ..

so zip your /Extra folder (right click then compress ..so i can check whole combo of files)

and then remove the dsdt from /Extra and reboot with a [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] cd from hd 80 os x then use run_me tool to make zip of untouched dsdt.

and yes i have fully working sleep i have nvidia 8600m board.. not HDMI.. that might be the issue.

my friend has a x3100 and my dsdt wasnt 100% compatible due to rev of board. (if you had 8600m non hdmi board this would work sleep wake in my signature)

i do have slow boot on dell screen after sleep and i reboot. like it looses DMI or sata drives redetecting.. UID of drive being looked at by cmos initiation ? dunno

but if i dont sleep it the restart is fast.

extract dsdt (untouched and your modded) . let me compare to current . .zip both and post here

better yet .. get the Run_me.zip from dsdt auto-patcher thread 1st post ..

so zip your /Extra folder (right click then compress ..so i can check whole combo of files)

and then remove the dsdt from /Extra and reboot with a [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] cd from hd 80 os x then use run_me tool to make zip of untouched dsdt.

and yes i have fully working sleep i have nvidia 8600m board.. not HDMI.. that might be the issue.

my friend has a x3100 and my dsdt wasnt 100% compatible due to rev of board. (if you had 8600m non hdmi board this would work sleep wake in my signature)

i do have slow boot on dell screen after sleep and i reboot. like it looses DMI or sata drives redetecting.. UID of drive being looked at by cmos initiation ? dunno

but if i dont sleep it the restart is fast.

You mean like the long boot that happens after an incomplete POST? That's weird...

Here, it reboots when I hit sleep and then keyboard doesn't work till I force full POST in bios....

I've attached my current Extra directory. The DSDT that I'm using right now is based off the one found in the "Extra.zip" in this post, which is a pretty much base m1530 dsdt. I ran DSDT Auto patcher on it and applied the _UID fix, nothing else.

I'll generate and upload a base DSDT when I have time.

Extra.zip

You mean like the long boot that happens after an incomplete POST? That's weird...

Here, it reboots when I hit sleep and then keyboard doesn't work till I force full POST in bios....

I've attached my current Extra directory. The DSDT that I'm using right now is based off the one found in the "Extra.zip" in this post, which is a pretty much base m1530 dsdt. I ran DSDT Auto patcher on it and applied the _UID fix, nothing else.

I'll generate and upload a base DSDT when I have time.

i had that happen in 10.5.8 with he new andyvand voodops2 .. but not in snow leo version of it.. weird.

looking at your dsdt

by the way are uusing bretts recompiled m1530 voodoops2 ?

get plain dsdt with dsdtse .. first remove from/Extra then reboot with a boot cd to boot from hd 80

or goto dsdt auto-patcher and run that after booting from cd (with no dsdt loaded) so it gets original.

i had that happen in 10.5.8 with he new andyvand voodops2 .. but not in snow leo version of it.. weird.

looking at your dsdt

by the way are uusing bretts recompiled m1530 voodoops2 ?

Yes I am. This keyboard thing only happens after the weird sleep reboot, otherwise it works fine :guitar:

Thanks btw, your time is appreciated :)

here u go nhnt11 try this /Extra replacement

the kexts .. yah try nothing in /Extensions.. instead use kext wizard to install the kexts in sle folder to/System/Library/Extensions

also has chameleon2 rc5 svn 1096 pkg installer.

get me the original dsdt of YOUR laptop. so i can compare more

nhnt11.zip

Hi guys, looks like I've found the place to hang out for m1530 owners :D

I'm attempting to install Lion as per this guide:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;hl=lion%20usb

I'm getting the freezes other people are talking about. Should I put the patched DSDT into the Lion install before I try? I've got it installed but can only get into it once every 4 or so tries then it doesn't last very long if I get in.

I wrote up my experiences of getting Leopard up and running like 3 years ago so I'll do that again once Lion is all working.

TNKS!

ram

here u go nhnt11 try this /Extra replacement

the kexts .. yah try nothing in /Extensions.. instead use kext wizard to install to/System/Library/Extensions

also has chameleon2 rc5 svn 1096 pkg installer.

get me the original dsdt of YOUR laptop. so i can compare more

Thanks, ill try this after school. Btw, I should mention that I also have voodoohda , voodoobattery and fakesmc in /s/l/e . what are you using for power management?

I don't think putting voodoops2.in /s/l/e would make much difference, since I lose keyboard in BIOS.and bootloader too.

Thanks, ill try this after school. Btw, I should mention that I also have voodoohda , voodoobattery and fakesmc in /s/l/e . what are you using for power management?

I don't think putting voodoops2.in /s/l/e would male much difference, since I lose keyboard in BIOS.and bootloader too.

then u have a problem in bios.. likely need the usb settings revised.

also enable usb wakeup on ac power in power management or post section of bios.

and yes with this voodoops2 u dont need other mergenubs or anything. (i dont do /E/E due to new lion having issues with cache and slow booting i read somewhere.

this voodoohda works best for me .. for some reason other 2.72 ive tried didnt. this one did. (no hdmi in my inspiron 1520)

voodoobattery had memory leak issues.. so i went with AppleACPiBattery for 64 bit compiled pretty recently by someone.

power management i am stock with chameleon2 rc5 GeneratePStates GenerateCStates GenerateTStates Yes in Boot.com.plist

Hi guys, looks like I've found the place to hang out for m1530 owners :D

I'm attempting to install Lion as per this guide:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;hl=lion%20usb

I'm getting the freezes other people are talking about. Should I put the patched DSDT into the Lion install before I try? I've got it installed but can only get into it once every 4 or so tries then it doesn't last very long if I get in.

I wrote up my experiences of getting Leopard up and running like 3 years ago so I'll do that again once Lion is all working.

TNKS!

ram

go for it. boot with -v -f then run kext wizard maintenance .. dont forget smbios.plist and chameleon2 rc5 svn 1096