Guru request, help needed for webcam driver/kext on HP DV9700

jheard

14 posts in this topic

I'm trying to get my webcam working on a HP DV9700. I have installed Kalyway 10.5.1. I had tried iATKOS before and the webcam worked, but had other issues and moved to Kalyway.

Can someone point me to the kext/driver for the webcam? I assume that if I can figure out which one it is, then I can pull it from the iATKOS install and I should be up and running.

Note, I've tried drivers from IOXperts as well as macam and neither made a difference. iChat or Photo booth will turn on my webcam (blue light comes on on the top of the LCD) but the vid only shows a black screen.

Details on my webcam...

Version: 6.06

Bus Power (mA): 500

Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec

Manufacturer: Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd.

Product ID: 0xb023

Serial Number: SN0001

Vendor ID: 0x04f2

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

As much as I'd hope to have an answer for you, I actually have the same exact problem, except ironically, vice versa.

With Kalaway, my Webcam works but with iATKOS v1.0, it doesn't. Does anyone have any ideas about which .kext file it would be so that both of us can enjoy using our webcams?

this issue is though aprodigy, the fact that we both switched versions. In order for either of us to possibly get any extension to work, we'd have to wipe out our current installs, something I doubt jheard would do either.

does anyone else have a solution or mind posting up the kext file? thanks in advanced.

• 5 weeks later...

HP DV9575ep + Iatkos 10.5.1i R2 and same problem...

The blue led lights and then just a black screen...

And worse in my case: Until I start any application that uses the webcam the OS runs extremely slow!!!

Any clues for the webcam support?

Nuno Maia

• 1 month later...

I have a DV6716ez, but they use the same cam, My cam work perfectly in Skype, IChat, Fireworks, but not Photo booth, I don't get a black screen but a distorted one where i can see my movement.

So maybe check by loading Skype??

Macam or IOXperts does not support the HP Webcam

BUUUUMP

Same problem.

Hi, I also have a webcam what apears in Sys Profiler like so:

USB2.0 Web Camera:

Version: 1.00

Bus Power (mA): 500

Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec

Manufacturer: DarkHorse .

Product ID: 0x6111

Vendor ID: 0x1b17

But no application finds it. I tried open source, Macam and IOXperts without any luck. Tried to install it on the Parallels XP and even there after few seconds of viewing it crashes the VM and quits Parallels automatically. The cam is good and I also use it on my Win PC, I don't really want to buy another one. Since it's found in Sys Profiler I'm hopping this could be fixed with proper or patched kexts.. or Quicktime files.

Please can anyone help?

I'm running Kalyway 10.5.1 updated to 5.2 with 9.2 speedstep kernel. And to date patched applesmbios.kext

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I installed CamTwist and it sees the camera, recognizes it as the proper hardware and turns on, but it doesn't do anything else. I tried multiple applications and it just won't work. Did anyone have to do anything special after installing CamTwist?