CPUS=1 issue solved for nForce Chipsets... edited kernels

 Mysticus C*

17 posts in this topic

Although this topic is done for Asus p5n32e-sli mobo, if you scroll down the topic, you will find the kernels on the bottom part...

the issue is caused by new scheduler introduced by apple in 10.4.9 update in 8.9.1 kernel and all later ones up to current leo kernels...

now u can use your all cores.... no more cpus=1

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=69353

check it out...

cheers...

I'd been using 2 cores (no cpus=1) from 10.4.8 on my Nforce hackintosh and never use cpus=1 with Leo 10.5 or 10.5.1What was the specific problem on Nforce chipsets?I'd been using 2 cores (no cpus=1) from 10.4.8 on my Nforce hackintosh and never use cpus=1 with Leo 10.5 or 10.5.1What was the specific problem on Nforce chipsets?

me too I have P5N-E SLI nForce 650i chipset. With Kernel 8.8.1 and OSX 10.4.9. I was able to use both core without any problems. But, some application and most games won't work and give me an kernel panic...So I switch back to Kernel 8.9.1 and ?I only be able to boot with cpus=1. if i boot with both core i either get kernel panic or after login to mac for a awhile, then the system just froze.....same darn thing happen with leopard!!!! Anyone can solve this???

The Golden Kernel has HUGE issues with LAN cards, almost all (every one I own anyway) will lock up if Network speed is at max, or sites such as youtube are used. Does this fix that?

and this doesn't happen with cpus=1 btw, even in the golden kernel.

and these are network cards that work without drivers. known to be fully-supported.

So what exactly cause this problem? I be able to use both core with kernel 8.8.1, but start from 8.9.1 I have to boot with cpus=1 or else I will get kernel panic or system locked up..

So what exactly cause this problem? I be able to use both core with kernel 8.8.1, but start from 8.9.1 I have to boot with cpus=1 or else I will get kernel panic or system locked up..

hey what version of Tiger uses 8.8.1? is it the JaS 10.4.8?

Yes is use with the 10.4.8 but you can use with 10.4.9 to 10.4.11 too. But for some reason CI/QE performance is some what slower plus some application and 3d games won't work and will give you a GSoD (Grey Screen of Death)

If you ever log on irc.osx86scene.com, you should have known that cpus=1 is not an issue for NF chipset at all.

Forgive me Envying, but my isp blocks IRC ports unless I upgrade to a static IP...

Did I read that right that cpus=1 is NOT an issue for NF chipset? can you explain further please. I am running 9.0 golden kernel, and it works fine, but any other kernel I use will not boot unless I use cpus=1. If cpus=1 is not an issue I would like to know then how it is not and how I can fix it and run a 9.1 kernel without having to pass cpus=1.

The Golden Kernel has HUGE issues with LAN cards, almost all (every one I own anyway) will lock up if Network speed is at max, or sites such as youtube are used. Does this fix that?

and this doesn't happen with cpus=1 btw, even in the golden kernel.

and these are network cards that work without drivers. known to be fully-supported.

That is right. my network always time out when downloading a big file.

for nforce chipset (not very old ones...) the issue started with 10.4.9 update where apple introduced a new scheduler in the kernel for cpu cache flushing or stg like that... it is caused by the new scheduler...

the nforce patched kernels works ok in 10.4.10 and 10.4.11 i use them and they are working...

but for some reason it doesnt work in the 10.5.0 and 10.5.1, i really dont know, just guessing the nforce and quad core related, bcoz C2D's work fine on 10.5.0 and 10.5.1 ... i still have to use cpus=1 in 10.5.0 probably even nforce kernel doesnt like nforce chipset with quad core... who knows...

network problem is not an issue of kernel, it s the network driver known to do that under load...

nforce patched kernel 10.5.0 version works fine in 10.5.1...

and title says already, it is for nforce chipset, or is it not clear enough?

note: 10.5.1 working fine now no more cpus=1 with iAtkos 1.0i r2 ppf + nforce special ppf Kalyways dvd is not succesfull but iAtkos is working perfect... just to let you guys know

also there will be a nforce friendly for the first time...

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...&pid=492489

keep following this thread...