Modify Photo Booth to use suyin Webcam (HP)?

overshoot

18 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Since i've realised that my webcam works in iChat and not in photo booth (i've simply realised that it was working cause i was always using photo booth for testing it) i ask myself, is it possible to modify some files in photo booth that could make it working with my webcam?

My webcam is a HP one (HP DV9530ef), with these caracteristics :

- Product id : 0xa101

- provider id : 0x064e

- manufacturer : SuYin

- Bus : USB

- Speed : 480 Mb/s

Things are that it works well in iChat but, in photo booth, i just can see one line at the top of the screen that works, the rest is all green as the cam was not well center...

Do somebody have already try this?

Thanks in advance.

Josh.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Acer laptop with the logitech webcam and under leopard it works in iChat but not in photobooth..

I too am interested in the fix.. I would assume that this would help everyone with this type of problem...

Abysmal

Yea use macam

@apoo, download "ichatusbcam" by running a search in google. It is a 7 day free trial and it makes usb cams work in ichat. Im sure if ur crafty enough you can find a way to use it permanently.

• 1 month later...

I have a compaq C755TU it has a built in camera. When i use photo booth it start but only black screen.

Can any one help me. Is it possible to fix it.... Even im curious to fix it......

Hi I have a HP dv9750 with the same specs

HP Webcam:

Version: 1.00

Bus Power (mA): 500

Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec

Manufacturer: SuYin

Product ID: 0xa110

Serial Number: CN0314-MI02-VH-R03.01.01

Vendor ID: 0x064e

but I have the strangest outcome, I have installed maccam and icecam monitor (another USB camera utility) but skype, ichat, maccam or photo booth will show an image just a black or green box :( (they all detect the camera as a HP Camera, except maccam) but yahoo messenger has no problem using the camera (absolutely clean image :) ) and the icecam monitor will show you the image you r setting the preferences but not in the regular mode :( . I cant figure how this can happen.

RIGG

HP dv9750us

ritalin's modified Brazilmac from Leopard DVD

Nvidia 512mb works with NVinject v.33

audio works with ALC268 installer2

ethernet realtek works right from install

intel pro 4965 AGN - DOES NOT WORK :(

detects optiarc BD rom, haven't burned a disk yet

post-14636-1205279987_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a USB cam that used to work well with Photo Booth using iChatUSBCam, but not for longer than a minute in an actual iChat video conference. I updated to iUSBCam recently, and now iChat video works well, but now all I get is a blank black screen in Photo Booth. The camera works in every other expected application but only turns on it's light in Photo Booth. Could it have something to do with updates in Leopard? I'm running 10.5.2 on a PB G4 15". It's frustrating when I know that the camera did work in Photo Booth, and now it doesn't !

• 3 weeks later...

No this has nothing to do with leopard. My Suyin "USB" camera on an HP DV6626us has not worked in Photobooth on any Version of OS X86 10.4.8 thru 10.5.2.

It works Fine in I-Chat with no plug-ins.

I think it has something to do with the way photobooth initializes the camera connection.

Can anyone help us???????????????? :);)

• 2 weeks later...

Take a look at this thread: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=100897

There is a chance that if your cam is like mine you might get photo booth to work with the trick i used. Either way the info might be useful. I am getting close to getting everything to work. I only need ichat now. PIP and even video veiwer works for me now. I have a compatible webcam but the issue is with Apple kinda crappy UVC driver which forces the cam to a higher res even thought it cant do it.

No way for this solution. My HP DV9710T using Chicony web cam, Leopard detected hard ware, the driver.. but nerver work in both iChat and Photobooth. I did de-assy.

iSign web cam from MacBook Pro and I see cable connect to PCB completelly different with Chicony web cam, very simple Chicony just connect to Mobo like USB only,

while iSign web cam connect to Mobo by 6 wires cable, one for ground, one for 5V+, and four for the rest, I think four these wire for transfer signal in-out and sent

the firmware to Mobo when it need initial hard ware with program. Universal USB Web cam connection have not firmware for iChat or PhotoBooth, I did to do change

some where with Info.plist in IOUSBFamily.kext but still not help. Any idea?

Hello 00Diabolic,

I deleted VDC on my hp dv6653cl and it did not allow Photo Booth to work. I too have a SuYin camera which is supported 100% in ichat but when i install (kalyway.. iatkos, and presently leo4allv3, never allowed me to take picture during the final steps of installation)

I appreciate your help, and hopefully we can find a way to make photobooth and webcams supported 100%

here is detail of my camera in About This Mac:

Version: 1.00

Bus Power (mA): 500

Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec

Manufacturer: SuYin

Product ID: 0xa110

Serial Number: CN0314-MI01-VH-R03.01.01

Vendor ID: 0x064e