Leopard server?

h.M.M

8 posts in this topic

i found the Leopard server installer on usenet when 10.5 first released and downloaded, got it tucked away somewhere. but it's the retail version and its unpatched, and thus far i've seen no attempts at making it work for a hackintosh. it'd need to be patched like all the other releases are and all that stuff.

you can install osx server over the client, just download vanilla server and install it over your osx86 installation, reboot and create a new serveruser. easygoing.

Thanks for anser I did some google on it and it seems like that will work good. =)

Now I just got 2 questions left.

How much will a minisintall take?

Is it possible so run it from a USB memory?

you can install osx server over the client, just download vanilla server and install it over your osx86 installation, reboot and create a new serveruser. easygoing.

Hi...

Sorry, I want to be sure I had understood it. So excuse me if it sounds trivial.

Does, the proposed means this:

1) On the intented PC, install something like Kalyway 10.5.1

2) Later, install a "vanilla" disk of the Leopard Server like the ones found at the pirates, overwriting the previous installation. (I assume there is an "update" option at the Server install disk).

Can you please help me to solve this questions:

a. does vanilla means "untouched"?

b. can be a Server disk be a version before the Non-Server? ie. Leopard Server 10.5.0 over Leopard 10.5.1

c. or better, can the server be installed in an previous version like Jas 10.4.8?

d. about the updates, what can be expected? Assuming Server updates are different, what will prime on the proposed installation?

Thank you!

Hi...

Sorry, I want to be sure I had understood it. So excuse me if it sounds trivial.

Does, the proposed means this:

1) On the intented PC, install something like Kalyway 10.5.1

2) Later, install a "vanilla" disk of the Leopard Server like the ones found at the pirates, overwriting the previous installation. (I assume there is an "update" option at the Server install disk).

Assuming Leopard Server works the same way as previous versions all you will need from the Server install disk are the packages that are different from standard OS X and you can install these like you would any other .pkg or .mpkg file - i.e. double click on the .mpkg file. The Server components will then be added to your Leopard install.

You will of course need your own valid license key...

:P I have installed Leopard Server Retail version successfully over my P35 DS4 with EFI 8 and GUID

You need to install from other Leopard or Tiger ( you can install over SATA or External Drive)

Just like I did retail Leopard check out my Post

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=76404

Just Need To Delete AppleEFI , put AppleSMBIOS and DSMOS you are GOOD than