Bluetooth Dongle for OSx86?

foodfightr

18 posts in this topic

I use a D-Link DBT-120 Rev. B3 on my iMac, and I've just plugged it into my Hack and it works a treat. Got mine from eBay for about £3.00, I remember reading about different revision numbers having less success, something to look out for.

HTH,

The Baron

using a Gigabyte usb Bluetooth adapter here a GN-BT03D .... one of the 100m types not 10m :D

you shouldnt expect 100m in the real world

it works well with my bt headset for voip apps through two concrete walls and 12m though :)

just plug and play leo 10.5.1 just works with it

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've got a wireless mighty mouse today, it works fine on the real mac at college and my ubuntu linux install but only for about 10 seconds at a time in kalyway 10.5.2, I seem to be having a lot of problems with bluetooth in kalyway though so it might be the dongle and not the mouse if anyone knows how I can get the dongle working properly I'll let you know if the mighty mouse works

My bluetooth keyboard works fine! 100% disk open, volume up and down, mute it all works!

dont have a mouse yet to much $ for me, i got the keyboard for free from a friend :dev:

my mouse is working fine now, just had to patch the applesmbios to get my bluetooth working properly, apple mighty mouse's are way too cool, 360 degree scroll ball is really handy but don't get a wired one as the lead is too short and stiff and will get on your nerves it's worth the extra tenner for the bluetooth one !

my mouse is working fine now, just had to patch the applesmbios to get my bluetooth working properly, apple mighty mouse's are way too cool, 360 degree scroll ball is really handy but don't get a wired one as the lead is too short and stiff and will get on your nerves it's worth the extra tenner for the bluetooth one !
. . (my emphasis) . . please clarify what exactly you did & why.

Have had working Apple Bluetooth Alloy Keyboard/Mighty Mouse for some while now.

I can say with DBT120 until RevB4 only ,u can enable , under hackintosh , every function of this kboard permitted, right now I can use it at boot level and at bios level, ,Not with others Btoothdongle.

Just remember to flash its firmware with the apple update for DBT-120

I have BT 2.0 EDR, it seems to work, but i cant pair my mighty mouse with it. So my mouse doesnt work. Im very sad of it.

what should i do to get it work?

ps leo 10.5.1

I had the same problem, what you have to do is set the passkey options to use a specific passkey then use 0000 if that doesn't work try some of the other options, it will work eventually you just have to keep trying, for some reason it only works with an empty pass key if you use a real mac

• 4 weeks later...

ywisted vegas what issues did you have with mighty mouse? mine works great and all of the sudden it stops working and i have to unplug my dongle and put it back and toggle bluetooth off and on in the taskbar to get it to come back.. its annoying because i have to connect a usb mouse to do this.

i know for a fact the mouse is not defective because ive bought 2 diff ones and they both do it.. its possible its the dongle, but i dunno..

• 3 weeks later...

I use MSI USB Bluetooth 2.0 stick.

When it is in one of your USB ports during installation, it will work fine afterwards. Strange thing however is, that when you unplug it, it doesn't come back... I already restarted, but it doesn't get recognized anymore... Maybe somebody has a simple solution for this... Otherwise I have to install again...

• 1 year later...

I have a DBT 120 Rev. B4 and I'm having the same problem as "drunknbass"

My computer setup is new, and when I first plugged in my bluetooth dongle, both lights lit up on the dongle, OS X recognized it, and I paired perfectly. One minute later it stopped working.

Since then, I've been plugging it in with no luck (no recognition at all as a usb device or anything)

Any explanations or kexts that might fix it ?