Electoral Compass USA

johan

Who should become the next USA president?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. pick your candidate

• Barack Obama
    • John Edwards
    • Hillary Clinton
    • Bill Richardson
    • Ron Paul
    • Rudy Giuliani
    • John McCain
    • Mitt Romney
    • Mike Huckabee
    • Fred Thompson

46 posts in this topic

I really hope that the democrats win this time. Bush destroyed the USA, so there is al lot of nation building to be done.

Indeed he did, our reputation globally has been ruined.

Obama is the best the Democrats have to offer, and I would not be upset if he was elected (better than Clinton!). However, I'm a Ron Paul supporter :P

what makes him a good candidate ?

I like him because he is very libertarian. He's against things like gun control and the patriot act. A brochure I have states:

A Ron Paul presidency will:

-Let Americans keep more their own money.

-end the IRS

-stop the central bankers' "inflation tax."

-stop unconstitutional spending leading us to bankruptcy.

-stop the financial dependency on China, Saudi Arabia, and other foreign governments.

-oppose trade deals and groups that threaten American independence

-protect our privacy and stop the national ID card.

-protect our constitutional rights and end the "Patriot" Act.

-secure our borders and end illegal immigration.

-end "birthright" citizenship for illegal aliens.

-bring our troops home from no-win "police actions"

This brochure is older and a tad out of date, there are newer and nicer ones out now.

I took the test and I was right on the center line, closet to Ron Paul.

Iowa Caucus results indicate Mike Huckabee winning for Republicans and Barack Obama winning for the Democrats.

CNN Results (Shows who got what votes)

CNN News

Fox News

BBC News

This is upsetting to me. I really cannot stand Huckabee.

12 Reasons Mike Huckabee Sucks

Huckabee pretends to have a cellphone talk with God. This is insane.

Iowa Caucus results indicate Mike Huckabee winning for Republicans and Barack Obama winning for the Democrats.

CNN Results (Shows who got what votes)

CNN News

Fox News

BBC News

This is upsetting to me. I really cannot stand Huckabee.

12 Reasons Mike Huckabee Sucks

Huckabee pretends to have a cellphone talk with God. This is insane.

Mike Huckabee scares me, he is an idiot just like Bush.

Heh, at least Mike Huckabee says homosexuality is a choice, that might be useful -_-

He is indeed an idiot. :D

But one thing I know for sure, voting for this idiot is a choice.

;)

I think that cell phone conversation was a joke. If you watch it, it seems that way....

but not beleiving in evolution, thinking aids patients should be quarantined, holding extremist views on abortion, thats pretty scary.

but not beleiving in evolution, thinking aids patients should be quarantined, holding extremist views on abortion, thats pretty scary.

Exactly, we don't need an ignorant moron of a president to send us back into the stone age. I'd take anyone over Huckabee, even George W., so that says a lot.

Hm. Apparently I'm a Giuliani person.

It doesn't matter anyway, because I'm going to miss being able to vote in the '08 election by about seven months. (18 in late June 2009) I'm really not sure who I support at this point.

Suckabee wants to ban smoking in public, bars, and in your home.

Mike Huckabee scares me, he is an idiot just like Bush.
Looks like I am an Obama guy too.Though Al Gore is the only man fit to lead America...

Thats funny, since Obama only shares the opinions of Californians, as well as a few states, about 3, or 4, up north Near New York.

Lead who? Or do you want him to FOLLOW America's views.

Do you want a fuhrer, or someone who follows freedom?

Hint; fuhrer is german for leader.

I guess most of you want to stay in Iraq.

Obama wants to stay there another 5 years.

And Obama supports the Patriot Act. In case you lemmings don't pay attention. It is obvious that none of you do.

http://www.ontheissues.org/International/B...nd_Security.htm

http://www.ontheissues.org/International/B...War_+_Peace.htm

http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2008/01/c...on-slams-o.html

Oh yea, and Clinton voted for it too, so don't go seeking her to end the war either.

Huckabee sucks, and he should be raped. On the smoking thing, it should be banned.

The smoking ban over here is brilliant!

I had always wanted a smoking ban, but now it is great that I don't have to breath in people's toxic, carcinogenic smoke every time I go to a cafe or something.

Ron Paul !!!!

Ron Paul's views from a third party:

He advocates a non-interventionist foreign policy, having voted against actions such as the Iraq War Resolution, but in favor of force against terrorists in Afghanistan. He favors withdrawal from NATO and the United Nations, citing the dangers of foreign entanglements to national sovereignty. Having pledged never to raise taxes, he has long advocated ending the federal income tax and reducing government spending by abolishing most federal agencies; he favors hard money and opposes the Federal Reserve. He also opposes the Patriot Act, the federal War on Drugs, and gun control. Paul is pro-life, but opposes a Federal ban on abortion, advocating letting states determine the legality of the procedure.[3]

no thanks

his economic positions, abolishing fed agencies, gun control, drugs, and global warming position are too out-there.

good thing he won't win ...