Kalyway 10.5.1 with Asus P5k WiFi Deluxe

mdg

10 posts in this topic

Anyone know how to get the Wi-Fi working?

Thanks,

/mdg.

You can download drivers from Realtek, the wifi works after that.

http://rapidshare.com/files/66879937/MacOS...4.5_UI1.4.7.zip

People on this forum never help people who have noobish questions. On no other forums (AVS etc) are people so arrogant and self-involved.

Oh, and use a SATA DVD drive, works without fuss. There are some kexts you might be able to add to get the IDE drive working as well.

• 2 weeks later...
I installed the file but it says i need to activate it via network, and i dont see anything under there that would allow me to install it from there

Exactly the same problem I have.

In fact, the driver come on the Kaly 10.5.1 disk...it says card detected, etc., and to activate it in Network. Unfortunately I'm fresh out of ideas on how to do that.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

/mdg.

I had the same problem at first. In the Network Preferences pane you need to hit the + button. I discovered that the wireless card was showing as 'Ethernet' in the 'Interface' list. So, in total, I had two Ethernet options in this list, the other one being the actual ethernet. I just tried adding one at a time to see which one was the Wifi. When you connect to a network in the USB utility program, it should change from amber to green in the Network Prefs. In Tiger this would have got automatically added upon opening the Network Prefs but not in Leopard.

I am having another problem with this wireless card though. When I am connected, it takes a long time for pages to download, that is if they load at all. Not sure if it's a driver problem or something else. I have a Belkin USB adapter that connects a full speed but suspect is the reason I am getting occasional kernel panics so hope to get the built-in wireless working ASAP.

Now, I'm using the Belkin F5D7050 v5000 USB adapter, which I'm 95% sure uses the Realtek RTL8187B chipset.

Should either the driver posted above or the Kalyway-provided driver be working for me? They don't - the device is listed as a USB device, but not as an ethernet adapter, nor an Airport device.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Nevermind, I bought a v3002.

Realteck 8187B is not supported because only ethernet or external WIFI ere supported on Leopard.

The 8187B is internal USB, is missknow as connection, Leopard have only ethernet and firewire for

internet connection or external USB WIFI

For make work that, need modify EFI and the boot ROM.