Kalyway 10.5+680i

koolkiwikat

10 posts in this topic

Ok

Got my hands on Kalyway 10.5(iAKTos didnt work at all), Takes along time to install, after I select my langauge...after a further 5mins a installer log appears has alot crash logs on it...then logs out....then eventually shuts down

Bios settings are good

Tried different flags -legacy, cpus=1, -x, -v still no luck, the best i get is the shut down after 20 mins of booting up

Any nvidia 650 or 680 users want to share the love?

I've got an Asus P5N-E SLI motherboard w/ nForce 650i.  I tried iATKOS, but that also doesn't work at all.  I get the neverending reboot issue, even after applying the apparently failed revision2 patch that was put out, which was quickly taken down again.

Downloaded Kalyway, but I think I had a bad download or something, because each time I install, it halts at the same place, telling me that one of the packages has a problem, basically.  Dune told me that its probably a bad iso or dvd, so I burned it again, only to have the same problem, just on a different package.

So, no real progress for me, but I think if I download Kalyway again I might have a good shot at it working.

I booted w/ "cpus=1 -v"

kalyway 10.5.1 installed flawlessly on my eVGA 650i mobo. seriously, not a hitch. detected my IDE hard drive in the installer - something no other DVD has done even OSX Tiger DVDs. took 30 mins or so to install and was ready to roll. had to delete the geforce kexts as i have an ATI card, and install ATI drivers...but that took little effort and everything's peachy king now.

i just need to get my soundcard working. azalia audio deal has 2ch stereo out working fine for me, but i want my sub to work with OSX. i need to find drivers for my ALC885 HD audio integrated card...no luck thus far anyone have any ideas?

try disabling a core in your bios if you can't get the installer to load. i think i had to, i can't remember tho