Endless DVD Reboot - iAtkos

koolkiwikat

24 posts in this topic

Guys/Gals

iAtkos DVD doesnt want to boot....Ive tried all possible combinations of boot flags thru trawlling the forum, -x,-v,-f,-legacy, cpus=*,-f.....nothing is working

Ive searched the forums for DVD reboots....tried everything...no luck:(((

Disc burn is fine...I can install it on my laptop

Any Gigabyte 680i users out there who have installed iAktos???

Rig Spec is in Sig

Cheers!

Hey, Im having the same issue. and also Tried all flags that I know about, including disabling one cpu core and the DVD will just keep on rebooting.

Here is some detail:

if I boot with -v ,im able to see this before it reboots, (had to keep hitting pause because it reboots so fast)

Loading Darwin/x86

Loading Kernel mach_kernel

Loading HFS+ file [mach_kernel] from 4230450

Loading HFS+ file [mach_kernel] from 4230450

Load Drivers: Loading from [/system/Library/Extension.mkext]

Loading HFS+ file: [/system/Library/Extension.mkext] from 4230450

Loading HFS+ file: [/system/Library/Extension.mkext] from 4230450

Starting Darwin/x86

and thats where it will reboot.

Specs:

XFX NFORCE 680I SLI INTEL SOCKET 775 DDR2 Motherboard

Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 2.66Ghz (SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, EM64T)

250GB SATA HD (Also Tried just IDE)

4 GB Ram (4x 1Gig)

Nvidia Geforce 8800GT (640MB)

This is what I tried so Far:

-x -v -s -f CPUS=1 platform=OSX86

Disabled second core from BIOS

Reburned ISO at 4x speed

Checked ISO's MD5 Hash (it matches IATKOS)

Just throwing in some detail maybe someone sees something were overlooking.

Appreciate any help

• 2 weeks later...
Did you enable the Execute Disable function in the BIOS ??? (Standard set to disable)

Sometimes called NX XD or something in other bios types. (in the CPU configuration menu.)

This solved many reboot problems in my machine.

A.

I am also having this same issue. I have a MSI P6N SLI Platinum and the Execute Disable function was set to enable by default.

Bump. :D

I'm glad I found this thread. I almost started a new one after searching and manually browsing for this issue. I, too, am getting this issue, and have an eVGA 680i mobo so it seems there is an issue with that particular chipset. For my install I used the flat image. My BIOS setting for "Execute Disable Bit" was enabled by default. Surely there are many others with the 680i chipset and have they got it working?

Full specs:

Q6600

eVGA 680i

2GB RAM

XFX 8800GT

Well me too, have checked out all the forums, still haven't found the answer to the endless reboot. As described earlier in this thread it reboots right after it says Starting Darwin.....

I have tried loading to Sata and regular ide. Sata I get the reboot problem on the IDE I get the flashing cursor problem. I have seen mention of 'Execute disable bit' but can't find this in my bios.

My System is:

P4P800-E Deluxe with P4 Intel 3ghz, 1 512 mb DDR Dimm, HD WDC WD800JD-75HKA1, ASUS Video V9570/TD/256M

Using iATKOS v1.0i

If I find the solution I'll post it here, good luck everyone.

Exact same problem on HP Pavilion dv2310us. (AMD Turion64 X2)! I've tried it with three different install DVDs (ToH, JaS 10.4.8, Uphuck 10.4.9) and it does the same exact thing every time. When I use the JaS one, it tells me some com.apple.Boot.plist file isn't found. And all three of these have been confirmed to work on other machines.The weirdest thing is that it DID boot once all the way into the installer ONE TIME ONLY. It's only done it once, but it refused to format my blank partition that one time so I rebooted and it's never made it that far again. The one time it made it that far was the time right after I had run diskpart in Windows to prepare my blank partition, so I thought it had something to do with the hard drive, but I've never been able to reproduce what happened. Weird.

Update!

Oooh, strange thing, and good news. Right as my computer started to boot, I hit escape to "change boot order" then I selected DVD/CD-ROM drive and it got to the first screen, I pushed F8, typed -v, and it just worked…So try manually selecting boot order and see if that helps.

Exact same problem on HP Pavilion dv2310us. (AMD Turion64 X2)! I've tried it with three different install DVDs (ToH, JaS 10.4.8, Uphuck 10.4.9) and it does the same exact thing every time. When I use the JaS one, it tells me some com.apple.Boot.plist file isn't found. And all three of these have been confirmed to work on other machines.The weirdest thing is that it DID boot once all the way into the installer ONE TIME ONLY. It's only done it once, but it refused to format my blank partition that one time so I rebooted and it's never made it that far again. The one time it made it that far was the time right after I had run diskpart in Windows to prepare my blank partition, so I thought it had something to do with the hard drive, but I've never been able to reproduce what happened. Weird.

Update!

Oooh, strange thing, and good news. Right as my computer started to boot, I hit escape to "change boot order" then I selected DVD/CD-ROM drive and it got to the first screen, I pushed F8, typed -v, and it just worked…So try manually selecting boot order and see if that helps.

already did and no success

• 3 weeks later...

I have had the same as you.

The iAtkos install DVD did not boot. I have had OS X 10.4.3 last time and wanted to try the Leopard.

After install of the kalyway disc i had the reboot thingy. So I putted the iAtkos DVD in the player and booted.

Can't press F8 because Darwin was already further than that. The well known reboot loop.

After FORMATTING the partition as FAT32 in windows XP (by Partition magic) and set the bios on default, the iAtkos DVD started (with -v -x). The Disk (Partition 2 wich was just before formatted as FAT32 now reformatted to HFS+Jounalized.

I installed every thing and rebooted. The install was succesful and did not need a -x or -v.

So I am typing this from my Hackingtosh as it seems.

I hope that you have something on this info.

My Mainboard: MSI-7402

• 2 weeks later...

what happens with my iAtkos dvd is that i was able to install it

and everything i even set the boot flag on with Gparted

and yet when i boot from my hd it dosent work.

it shows the screen where u have to press sth before it starts to install but the time runs out

and yet nothing

so i pressed F8 and typed -v

and still nothing

but i realised sth dose happen then i typed -v and pause simultanously

and there it was a string said "mach_kernal missing"

what does that mean

and dose any1 have a cure

• 4 months later...

everything a lot of you needed to know to get the install to work is posted @ http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/1554...s=1&page=10

ie: im running a striker extreme mobo as well and the reboot problem is not an issue because i selected the proper nvidia bridge cpu drivers pre darwin...

- There are some boot options for some various hardware. Boot DVD, press F8 and enter:

nforce -v

for nForce motherboards with intel SSE3 CPU

nforce_core -v

for nForce motherboards with Intel Core CPU

toh -v

for booting with ToH 9.2.0 kernel which works nice on many types of hardware

play with it and youll get it working, worse case you need a lil bios love and some install opts (seen above) for install pre darwin, hope this helps guys.

MB

also DO NOT name any partition anything like "mac" or "macos" or "leopard" etc.. nothing with mac or leopard in it this CAN cause a install failure @ 10% when its trying to verify install contents, donno why but it does...