kalyway Leopard 10.5.1 Released

REVENGE

45 posts in this topic

Does anyone know how to revert to the default theme (i.e. icons) of leopard from kalyway (or iatkos)????? Great job guys but these theme adjustments are... unnecessary.

I found the icon folder (System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources) I just cant find the original package....

--5 min later--

ok, i answered my own question (like a true h4ck3r :wacko: )

all you need to do (in kalyway or iatkos) is pop in your ToH dvd and use Pacifist to install CoreTypes.bundle

just in case anyone wants to know...

yes please if you can possibly give more details on how to do it. thanks ! smile.gif

Hey guys,

1st method: I found CoreTypes.bundle in my ToH OS. Save that bundle file on your usb drive. Install kalyway/iatkos, and move on from there.

2nd method (better): Use pacifist to extract BaseSystem.pkg. Install that and CoreTypes.bundle will be installed on kalyway/iatkos.

See if that works for you.

OK- here is what I did to restore original icons and dock in iatkos/kalyway

after installation of iatkos/kalyway, I put in the ToH dvd and opened Pacifist (should be installed). Then I navigated in the dvd to and installed:

for icons: /Contents of OSInstall.mpkg/Contents of EssentialSystemSoftware/Contents of EssentialSystemSoftwareGroup/Contents of BaseSystem.pkg/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle

for dock: /Contents of OSInstall.mpkg/Contents of EssentialSystemSoftware/Contents of EssentialSystemSoftwareGroup/Contents of Essentials.pkg/System/Library/CoreServices/Dock.app

Remember to backup Dock.app!

*for dock you can also replace scurve-**.png (** being l,m,sm, and xl (4 files)) in /System/Library/CoreServices/Dock/Contents/Resources

**this method for replacing dock background can be used to theme dock.... I will upload original scurve files...

also just in case anyone was wondering, those magnifying glases on the menu bar in finder can be removed by opening finder /View/Customize Toolbar... and just drag those off the bar.

Thanks kalyway/iAtkos! Great releases!

scurve.zip

OK FOR THOSE THAT ARE HAVING PROBLEMS EXTRACTING THIS FILE UNDER WINDOWS JUST USE A PROGRAM CALLED "StuffIt Deluxe 11.0.2.55 for Windows" IT WORKED FOR ME 7ZIP DINT WOR K

OR WINRAR JUST GO OVER TO ISOHUNT .COM AND SEARCH 4R IT THERE

THIS FILE IS SO COMPRESSED THAT I THINK THAT REGULAR DECOMPRESORS ARE NOT WORKING.. :wacko: HOPE THIS HELPS

Firewire required?

I read it in the install notes somewhere, and can't seem to get leopard booting. Anyone else with a non-firewire board have this working?

Jep, me ... don't think firewire is a "must have", but there are other strange things happen to me. I tried both iATKOS and Kalyway and on both installations I am caught in a loop somehow. When I choose a country and a language, the welcome screen appears and then it switches back to country and language selection, I am totally stuck at this point. Anyone who has the same problems or know a solution for this?

Finally all hard work paid off, lots of Redbull and sleepless nights, :) and thank god I know a tattoo artists that work in between downloads. :(

KalyWay Leopard .... Asus P5K Deluxe WiFi/AP - Asus NVidia EN8600GT 256mb - Everything Working But the Marvell Gigabit Controller (I think I screwed something up, don't feel like screwing with it). MBR-EFi, no patches installed all post package bundles done my way and customized by me.

Heres a couple of quick screeners, if I can be of any assistance to anyone, please let me know. Unfortunately I don't know anything about OSX, BSD, Programming, Scripting, or anything of that nature, I just installed and booted and then installed all drivers and such. I'm a Hardware guy, and to add to that I'm a m$ slave running Vista as my number one OS. So I probably won't be to much help.

Screenshot_System_Profiler.tiff

screenshot_programs.tiff

• 3 weeks later...