[GUIDE] Leopard on HP Compaq 6710b with EFI_v80 (Wireless, Graphics, Sound)

KlyX

119 posts in this topic

Hey KlyX, Fabio and all other 6710b users!

I have sucessfully booted the ToH RC2 using KlyX's guide. It now boots just fine without -x but when trying part two of the guide it will not go through completely. Therefore I have a great install of OSX Leo with 1024x768 support, no audio, WLAN, or real graphic support yet.

I have followed the guide in booting again from the dvd using -x and will get through the first 3 lines of the code. When I get to:

chown root:wheel mach_kernel

. . . it says there is "No such file or directory". Has this happened to anyone else? If so let me know. By the way I might be reading the guide wrong because I got a little confused when you say under the second part "To work in Terminal in Leo is much easier that in the Toh installer". Because of this I tried to also install the code in Terminal while in Leo itself. That didn't work either and kicked me out saying it denied me access. Let me know what I should do next?

So Fabio-Does the Kalyway 10.5.1 really work? The reason I am asking is because I have installed the Kalyway 10.5.1 on my dv8000t with dual booted Vista Ultimate with tons of success and a lot of people asking how to do it. I would love to get this hp 6710b up and going. If you say Kalyway works I will try it with the vanilla kernel and EFI 8.0.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

This is my first post here, Yesterday I installed Leopard in my 6710b using the iAtkos v1.0i and with some troubles all went fine. Then Leopard doesn't starts so I started to look for info and I came here.

First, KlyX, thank you very much your post was very helpful to me and all the drivers you gathered were very useful too. Now I don't have so much things like WLAN but I saw a project in google code from people that are coding the drivers for 3945ABG.

Now I'm having troubles with the soundcard. The installation package you included in the zip gives me an error when installing. That's very weird because I have sound but each minute or so (maybe less) it mutes. So I need to toogle the mute off and turn up the volume.

Is anyone having this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Hi , and thanks for your detailed guide.

i followed all step by step on my hp compaq 6710b but after rebooting (and removal of leo DVD) i get message: system config file '/com.apple.boot.plist' not found

how can i solve this?

i disabled the dual core functionality ,and also native sata mode disabled ,but problem still persists.

if any one got an idea to help me install leo ,this will be great.

i really love Mac and i'm dying to have it. :P

thanks guys

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone know how to reduce noise fan and overheat?

I tried removeing some kext and nothing.

I always have 55 to 60 Celsius degrees when in idle, and 70-75 when I use vmware.

I still have the same laptop and configuration:

hp 6710b

Leo ToH 2

Kalyway update 10.5.2

same kernel, video and audio configuration

• 3 weeks later...

In my system preferences my Linksys USB Adapter is showing up as a dialup modem with a red signal meaning it's dead.

In wireless utility I get device not found.

I'm using iATKOSir2.

I went out and bought the same Linksys USB Adapter you have, because I too have a 6710b and am hoping to get some internet here. But no luck. Any ideas ?

Hi @all

I bought a HP Compaq 6710b a week ago and I was trying to get Leopard working on it. With everything it needs... Actually, that is quite difficult, but I got some results, I'd like to share with you.

What you need:

- OS X ToH RC 2 - Disc

- USB Stick

- 6710b Installation Files: Download ZIP here

- Linksys Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter (WUSB54GC) --> costs about 20-30 Euros. And it's worth the money... AND the only way to get networking yet

Preparations:

- Format your USB-Stick and Name ist to "123".

- Unpack the 6710b ZIP and copy the files on the stick

First part: Installing Leopard

To Install Leopard on your 6710b, you just need to follow the guide here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=75928

Only change: you don't have to do the copy-part with your USB stick. The files in the 6710 zip-file contains also all files needed for the guide (pc_efi_v80)

IMPORTANT: Boot with the -x option from the ToH DVD (press F8 before boot, and then -x)

Be aware: After Installation of OS X ToH, you'll get a Kernel Panic. This is okay, just do the next step

Second Part: Install the right Kernel and get Framebuffer Support

Now boot once again to the ToH Disc (-x again).

Go to the Terminal again.

IMPORTANT: You'll need the name of the Volume where leo is installed and also the stickname (which should be 123, if you followed the guide until now). For my leo-Volume I'll use "Macintosh"

What are we gonna do now:

First, we will replace the ToH Kernel withe the newest 9.1 Speedstep Kernel which works perfectly for the 6710b. Then we delete all X3100 Files and install the Original Leo Framebuffer File, so that you can boot without -x mode into leopard. To work in the Terminal in Leo is much easier than in the ToH installer ;-)

So type this in the Terminal:

rm -R /Volumes/Macintosh/mach_kernel
  cd /Volumes/123/kernel/
  cp mach_toh /Volumes/Macintosh/mach_kernel
  chmod 644 mach_kernel

cd /Volumes/Macintosh/System/Library/Extensions
  rm -R AppleIntelGMAX3100*
  cd /Volumes/123/framebuffer/
  cp -R AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext /Volumes/Macintosh/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext
  chown -R root:wheel AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext
  cmod -R 755 AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext

Now, reboot (don't remove USB stick atm) and first enjoy the Leopard GUI... You did the first step to a good working leo System on your HP Compaq 6710b :unsure:

Third Part: Get REAL graphic support - with QE and CI

Now, we should try to get some better graphics now. If you didn't get any Kernel Panics or other errors, then this should be easy ;-)

Open the Terminal in Leopard

cd /Volumes/123/graphics
  sudo cp -R AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext
  sudo cp -R AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext
  sudo cp -R AppleIntelGMAX3100GA.plugin /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMAX3100GA.plugin
  sudo cp -R AppleIntelGMAX3100GLDriver.bundle /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMAX3100GLDriver.bundle
  sudo cp -R AppleIntelGMAX3100VADriver.bundle /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMAX3100VADriver.bundle
  sudo cp -R Natit.kext /System/Library/Extensions/Natit.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel *
  sudo chmod -R 755 *

Reboot again... If everything went well your leo boots up with QE and CI supported. Just go to the Display Section in you System preferences. Change the resolutions to 1680x1000 (not 1680x1050!! This will perform a nice bluescreen :-P).

Have fun with full QE/CI support :angry:

Fourth Part: Get WLAN connection

That part is the hardest part... It costs acout 20-30 Euros, because to get networking with the 6710b you'll need to use an external source. At the moment, the integrated wireless and also the intergrated ethernet connection won't work. I hope they'll do later. Drivers are in development, but it's quite hard for the developper, because he has not the right hardware to test.

The best WiFi support you'll get with the Linksys Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter (WUSB54GC), which is fully supported and has good drivers.

- To install the drivers for the adapter, go to the USB stick, into the "wireless" folder. Unpack the Ralink Wireless Drivers Installation Wizard.mpkg.zip and install the package.

- Reboot and press F8 before booting. Enter -f as boot argument to load the driver.

- Now undpack and install the ralinkv015.zip package

- Go to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and change the com.apple.Boot.plist

- Add/change the following:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
   <string>-f</string>

- Reboot again, enter nothing, just boot

- Go to the network properties and configure the new adapter which you'll find there (manually will do it best)

- If the Ralink Utlity didn't start yet, just go to programs folder and open the Wireless utilty.

- Your adapter and the nearest network should show up here (so you nearly got ist ;-)).

- Create a profile with your network informations (SSID, Security, etc.) and connect

You should have now full internet access :(

Fifth part: We want sound :D

That part is quite easy :D

The azalia sound driver will help your sound card to get some music :D

Just navigate to the "audio" directory on your USB Stick and install the azalia.audio.pkg

Reboot

Enjoy sound :D

So that's it for the moment...

IMPORTANT: Don't update the Kernel with the 10.5.1 Kernel from apple. It will end into a Kernel Panic... Don't know why. The speedstep 9.1 kernel seems to be the best for the 6710b at the moment.

Sixth Part (added 16.12.): Add energy options

Maybe you'll found out, that you have no battery icons and no infos about the battery. Either, the battery is going down quite fast.

I found a first workaround, which gets you at least the icon.

- Download http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...ost&id=2295

- Do the following steps:

1. Un-archive the files. This will leave you with a PowerManagement.bundle

2. Navigate to: /System/Library/SystemConfiguration

3. (Optional) Backup your old PowerManagement.bundle

4. Copy (drag-n-drop) the new bundle into the SystemConfiguration folder

5. When the dialog box pops up, select authenticate and type your admin password

6. Reboot

For me I can't change the energy environnment yet. But I'm gonna do some tests with Paulicats ACPI kexts soon. So hope, I'll do some progress,

Special Thanks to:

JamesD (for the pretty cool installation guide (see above))

mitro (for his extensions I used to get QE/CI working)

keithpk (for the energy options workaround)

Things I'll need to find out:

- How to reduce brightness (for longer battery lifetime)

If you have suggestions, questions, ideas...

I'm glad to read responses :D

• 4 weeks later...

Important notice: I'm no expert but this guide does not seem to work when the leo4allv3 image (10.5.2) is used. Installation progress in step 1 repeatetly stops after:

Cannot use ATS persistent store - switching to old FODB cache

CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p128[lssave] clearing CS_VALID (eternal pause after this until keyboard hammering;)

localhost LCA[86]: Corrupt JPEG data: premature end of data segment

CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p137[lssave] clearing CS_VALID (eternal pause after this until keyboard hammering;)

USBF: blah..resetting port

Of course the laptop is a 6710b with default BIOS settings (but VM thingy settings enabled)

I've done work my Compaq 6710b with LeoForAll v3 in trial boot with Fedora 9 and Windows Vista 64 bit. Here the way:

- Install first of all Vista 64 bit. He wants a non-active partition on his hd.

- Login in Vista and create a second Partition (the one that will be used by MacOS) that we will call from now disk0s2.

- Start MacOS Leopard Installation and use Disk Utility to initialize disk0s2 from MS-DOS to HFS+ Journaled.

- Now you can install MacOS. Use the Vanilla Kernel 9.2.2 with safe, install ICH6/7/8/9 drivers, install the Intel X3100 drivers. When finished, you will get corrupted MBR so no Vista or MacOs will boot. No problem.

- Start installing Fedora 9. Do as you wish with the last free space on your disk. When you must enter bootmanager options, it will recognize natively Windows Vista and (obviusly) Fedora. Just add /dev/partition2 in the list (the partition where you've installed MacOS, disk0s2) and use what you want as descrition. I used "Mac OS X Leopard".

The game is done. You will get no audio or ethernet, but you will get full resolution support, SSE3, original vanilla kernel, ad QE + CI full working, and core image hardware accelerated. Now, I will work on my Azalia audio and ethernet and will you know.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i found a way how to get wifi working in this laptop.

as most of us were all stuk on the intel 3945abg card.

well this can be solved!

go to the hp parts order site and look up for partnr: 441075-002

441075-002

Broadcom 4311AG Wireless LAN 802.11a/b/g mini PCI adapter card (Bevo) - 54Mbps data rate, 2.4GHz operating frequency range - For Rest of World (ROW)

this is a natively supported broadcom wifi card wich works in this laptop with non of the whitelist 104 errors. it's 100% functional.!

i bought a card from hp for 50 euro's and now have perfect wifi on this 6710b.

i now have vanilla 10.5.4 install with native support for the x3100 card and sound and WIFI :)

only onboard nic still fails but hell i have wifi!

• 2 weeks later...
I recently purchased a 6710b, and installed Kalyway 10.5.2, everything works fine, except for the LAN and the wireless, are there any advances with that?

installed Leo4allV3 10.5.2 - had no luck with any 10.5.3 / 10.5.4 updates / DVD (iAtkos)

Same here:

Ethernet controller [0200]: Broadcom Corporation NetLink BCM5787M Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express [14e4:1693] (rev 02)

tried to put it in BCM 5751 but still no LAN.

I did order the wlan card mentioned a few post ago and hope to get a connection to the internet !

post-55980-1217536398_thumb.png

Edit:

I can see ethernet connection but no MAC address - so I thinkt that's the error because I can not connect to internet (via Router).

post-55980-1217580822_thumb.png

441075-002

Broadcom 4311AG Wireless LAN 802.11a/b/g mini PCI adapter card (Bevo) - 54Mbps data rate, 2.4GHz operating frequency range - For Rest of World (ROW)

WORKING ! I'm online now ! Just 3 screws have to be changed...

Well paid Euro 53.- incl. ship + tax but it's worth it !

YOYOYO but do you know some tricks without spending money buying that linksys?

Hi @all

I bought a HP Compaq 6710b a week ago and I was trying to get Leopard working on it. With everything it needs... Actually, that is quite difficult, but I got some results, I'd like to share with you.

What you need:

- OS X ToH RC 2 - Disc

- USB Stick

- 6710b Installation Files: Download ZIP here

- Linksys Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter (WUSB54GC) --> costs about 20-30 Euros. And it's worth the money... AND the only way to get networking yet

Preparations:

- Format your USB-Stick and Name ist to "123".

- Unpack the 6710b ZIP and copy the files on the stick

First part: Installing Leopard

To Install Leopard on your 6710b, you just need to follow the guide here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=75928

Only change: you don't have to do the copy-part with your USB stick. The files in the 6710 zip-file contains also all files needed for the guide (pc_efi_v80)

IMPORTANT: Boot with the -x option from the ToH DVD (press F8 before boot, and then -x)

Be aware: After Installation of OS X ToH, you'll get a Kernel Panic. This is okay, just do the next step

Second Part: Install the right Kernel and get Framebuffer Support

Now boot once again to the ToH Disc (-x again).

Go to the Terminal again.

IMPORTANT: You'll need the name of the Volume where leo is installed and also the stickname (which should be 123, if you followed the guide until now). For my leo-Volume I'll use "Macintosh"

What are we gonna do now:

First, we will replace the ToH Kernel withe the newest 9.1 Speedstep Kernel which works perfectly for the 6710b. Then we delete all X3100 Files and install the Original Leo Framebuffer File, so that you can boot without -x mode into leopard. To work in the Terminal in Leo is much easier than in the ToH installer ;-)

So type this in the Terminal:

rm -R /Volumes/Macintosh/mach_kernel
 cd /Volumes/123/kernel/
 cp mach_toh /Volumes/Macintosh/mach_kernel
 chmod 644 mach_kernel

cd /Volumes/Macintosh/System/Library/Extensions
 rm -R AppleIntelGMAX3100*
 cd /Volumes/123/framebuffer/
 cp -R AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext /Volumes/Macintosh/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext
 chown -R root:wheel AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext
 cmod -R 755 AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext

Now, reboot (don't remove USB stick atm) and first enjoy the Leopard GUI... You did the first step to a good working leo System on your HP Compaq 6710b :angel:

Third Part: Get REAL graphic support - with QE and CI

Now, we should try to get some better graphics now. If you didn't get any Kernel Panics or other errors, then this should be easy ;-)

Open the Terminal in Leopard

cd /Volumes/123/graphics
 sudo cp -R AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext
 sudo cp -R AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext
 sudo cp -R AppleIntelGMAX3100GA.plugin /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMAX3100GA.plugin
 sudo cp -R AppleIntelGMAX3100GLDriver.bundle /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMAX3100GLDriver.bundle
 sudo cp -R AppleIntelGMAX3100VADriver.bundle /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMAX3100VADriver.bundle
 sudo cp -R Natit.kext /System/Library/Extensions/Natit.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel *
 sudo chmod -R 755 *

Reboot again... If everything went well your leo boots up with QE and CI supported. Just go to the Display Section in you System preferences. Change the resolutions to 1680x1000 (not 1680x1050!! This will perform a nice bluescreen :-P).

Have fun with full QE/CI support :D

Fourth Part: Get WLAN connection

That part is the hardest part... It costs acout 20-30 Euros, because to get networking with the 6710b you'll need to use an external source. At the moment, the integrated wireless and also the intergrated ethernet connection won't work. I hope they'll do later. Drivers are in development, but it's quite hard for the developper, because he has not the right hardware to test.

The best WiFi support you'll get with the Linksys Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter (WUSB54GC), which is fully supported and has good drivers.

- To install the drivers for the adapter, go to the USB stick, into the "wireless" folder. Unpack the Ralink Wireless Drivers Installation Wizard.mpkg.zip and install the package.

- Reboot and press F8 before booting. Enter -f as boot argument to load the driver.

- Now undpack and install the ralinkv015.zip package

- Go to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and change the com.apple.Boot.plist

- Add/change the following:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
  <string>-f</string>

- Reboot again, enter nothing, just boot

- Go to the network properties and configure the new adapter which you'll find there (manually will do it best)

- If the Ralink Utlity didn't start yet, just go to programs folder and open the Wireless utilty.

- Your adapter and the nearest network should show up here (so you nearly got ist ;-)).

- Create a profile with your network informations (SSID, Security, etc.) and connect

You should have now full internet access :D

Fifth part: We want sound :D

That part is quite easy :D

The azalia sound driver will help your sound card to get some music :D

Just navigate to the "audio" directory on your USB Stick and install the azalia.audio.pkg

Reboot

Enjoy sound :D

So that's it for the moment...

IMPORTANT: Don't update the Kernel with the 10.5.1 Kernel from apple. It will end into a Kernel Panic... Don't know why. The speedstep 9.1 kernel seems to be the best for the 6710b at the moment.

Sixth Part (added 16.12.): Add energy options

Maybe you'll found out, that you have no battery icons and no infos about the battery. Either, the battery is going down quite fast.

I found a first workaround, which gets you at least the icon.

- Download http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...ost&id=2295

- Do the following steps:

1. Un-archive the files. This will leave you with a PowerManagement.bundle

2. Navigate to: /System/Library/SystemConfiguration

3. (Optional) Backup your old PowerManagement.bundle

4. Copy (drag-n-drop) the new bundle into the SystemConfiguration folder

5. When the dialog box pops up, select authenticate and type your admin password

6. Reboot

For me I can't change the energy environnment yet. But I'm gonna do some tests with Paulicats ACPI kexts soon. So hope, I'll do some progress,

Special Thanks to:

JamesD (for the pretty cool installation guide (see above))

mitro (for his extensions I used to get QE/CI working)

keithpk (for the energy options workaround)

Things I'll need to find out:

- How to reduce brightness (for longer battery lifetime)

If you have suggestions, questions, ideas...

I'm glad to read responses :D

I have followed the guide in booting again from the dvd using -x and will get through the first 3 lines of the code. When I get to:

. . . it says there is "No such file or directory". Has this happened to anyone else? If so let me know.

I too am having the exact same problem. Yarr

i found a way how to get wifi working in this laptop.

as most of us were all stuk on the intel 3945abg card.

well this can be solved!

441075-002

this is a natively supported broadcom wifi card wich works in this laptop with non of the whitelist 104 errors. it's 100% functional.!

i bought a card from hp for 50 euro's and now have perfect wifi on this 6710b.

i now have vanilla 10.5.4 install with native support for the x3100 card and sound and WIFI :)

only onboard nic still fails but hell i have wifi!

Hi,

i have the same 6710b and Broadcom 4311 802.11 and it works as expected. However sound doesn't, AZALIA ADI1981 gives 60" of sound before switching back to mute (default?).

I am actually using iATKOS4 and mach_k, do vanilla makes any difference?

The only problem i cannot cure are ethernet (probably with book air LAN adapter) and sound. The ACPI use to fail also in XP (original VISTA through very fast).

Do you have any better information?

Thank you

Aloha ppl,

Quick note for all those whose sound mutes. Remove AppleHDA and AppleAC97 from /System/Library/Extensions. And I'm pretty sure that HP Compaq 6710b laptops have AD 1981 HD Audio. So don't use AppleAzalia but AD1981.

I hope I was of some help

P.S. For all those who r now back from vacations, I'm with you and Monday (especially working) sucks :rolleyes:

Hey folks - I'm back

And nice to see, that the guide was helpful for some 6710b users ;-)

After I finnished my trials with my 6710b (networking with USB adapter, no good sound and NO power management), I'm back and I'm willing to do some new tests. But I need my laptop on work, so it has to work fine.

My big problem is the power Management. Does anyone has a solution for that one?

It means:

- change the display light up and down

- toggle down processor, etc.

however: without ac, it worked about 2 hours when I tried it a few months ago. This is a nogo for me.

Hi there,

Thank you KlyX, Xenn0X, for links , and howtos .

Einstein_ein : post 41, where did you find AD1981 drivers ? AppleAzalia1981 work fine but not headers out ...

Xenno0X : special thank for the link to Broadcom 4311AG, which works perfectly as airport on the 6710b

what did you do to make finger prints working ? i have installed protector suite, but it doesn't detect it .

I can see it with System profiler :

Fingerprint Sensor : Version : 6.23

Alimentation du BUS (mA) : 500

Vitesse : Jusqu’à 12 Mb/s

Identifiant du produit : 0x2580

Identifiant du fournisseur : 0x08ff

I'im using last JaS 10.5.4 distrib, did you do something particular to make it recognized ?

Thank you much

Hi cmativat

Just setted up a Leo installation with Leo4All V3.

Worked fine. I have dual boot now.

Did you get the internalt wlan working with the driver you mentioned? how exactly? Did you get normal lan working?

AppleAzalia1981: No muting-Bug at all?

Short update:

Installation with Leo4All V3 worked perfectly for me:

- Installation with the 9.2.0 Speedstep-Kernel

- Drivers included: GMA X3100

The Wireless acutally the one I mentioned in my Tut. I'm going to order the Broadcom PCIe Card mentioned above.

The sound expierience is working also with the driver mentioned in this thread - us said only speakers.

So it's better now than half a year ago.

Nevertheless: I can't change brightness at all. This would be a very important feature for me...

KlyX

KlyX,

On my HP 6710b, i have replaced the Intel 3945 abg , by the one mentioned by Xenn0x ( it is a Broadcom 4311AG )

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=116010 and it works as native Airport.

On my HP 5810p, the internal wifi is already a broadcom recognised as airport.

About AD1981 : i have no mute problem at all using AppleAzaliaAudioADI1981.pkg which is already patched for this problem : i didn't use AzaliaAudioAD1988 or AzaliaAudio of the compilation but i put it manually after install.

Don't forget to remove every other AC97 ... kext before.

cmativat,

thanks for you reply.

I found the card you mentioned on the internet, but not in my region (Switzerland) or it's too expensive. Try to find it somehow and get it.

About the sound thing: do you have also sound with earphones or - as I and most of the others - only speaker?

KlyX

So lemme copy-paste my how-to "Install 10.5.4 on 6710b", I wrote one for myself so that I won't forget what I did but I can share it with you, it may help.

-------------------------------------------

MacOSX Leopard 10.5.4 in Compaq 6710b

Successful installation with ideneb v1 10.5.4

- install MBR (not GUID) with the following options, I make MBR choice so that I have easier dual boot

ICHx fixed (for Sata, I have ICH8, if SATA is active in BIOS)

9.4.0 Vanilla Kernel

fix AppleSMBIOS for RAM 667

fix ApplePS2Controller

video Intel GMA x3100 (that gives you 1680x1050)

- install PS2Fix1054.zip for PS/2 touchpad/keyboard to work properly (if not run in install)

- install PowerManagement10.5.3.zip for battery meter showing properly

- processor Intel Core 2 Duo T7300 / 2 GHz, Dual-Core, 64bit processor, 800 MHz Data bus, Mobile Intel GM965 Express

- Azalia AD 1981 HD audio and delete AppleHDA and AppleAC97 kexts from /System/Library/Extensions as if you don't you get mute problems

Automated install and delete of AppleHDA run AppleAzaliaAudioADI1981_Installer.v2.zip (remember to delete AC97)

- Airport works with network adjustments from System Preference-Network-Advanced (Broadcom Corporation BCM4312 802.11a/b/g [14e4:4312] (rev 02))

- For ethernet (Broadcom Corporation NetLink BCM5787M Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express [14e4:1693] (rev 02)) ???

- Fingerprint scanner - natively installed OK!

- DVDRW natively (with the ICHx fix) OK!

- Modem - Fax / modem / cellular modem - MDC ?

- Sleep ?

- ISO-8859-7 in VLC for Greek subs

*** The attached files r not mine ***

Has any1 found anything about SLEEP? Modem and ethernet is secondary for me.

Find my lspci attached for your help

AppleAzaliaAudioADI1981_Installer.v2.zip

PowerManagement10.5.3.zip

lspci.txt

• 4 weeks later...

For those of you who r still visiting this forum a small how-to update your 6710b to 10.5.5 (again I copy paste from a file for my own use). U require Leopard Graphics Update 1.0 from apple site, Pacifist, PowerManagement10.5.3.zip

iDeneb v1 10.5.4 to 10.5.5 Update in Compaq 6710b

- Download 10.5.5 Delta update (not Combo) from apple site but DON'T execute yet

- (optional) Backup kernel & Extensions

mkdir /1054

cp /mach_kernel /1054

cp -R /System/Library/Extensions /1054/

- In terminal enter "while sleep 1 ; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext ; done" in order to auto-delete AppleIntelCPUPower....

- Press restart and enter single mode (if not then after 2 reboots you'll enter normal mode with 2 mouse pointers and nothing else or safe mode)

- Manually Delete X3100 Kexts from /System/Library/Extensions (rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/*X3100*

Boot Up normally in 1024x768 Mode

Install Leopard Graphics Update 1.0 with Pacifist (the package does not allow you to install it without pacifist)

Restore any customized graphics kexts from 1054 backup, me, for instance, didn't require any

Reboot with -f flag (just in case)

QE and CI, screen resolution change should be back working!

- install PowerManagement10.5.3.zip for battery meter showing properly

Thanks goes to jayman30 for X3100 fix, I got stuck with the two mouse pointers for a day or two