The value of my pc?

GooBacks

17 posts in this topic

Ok well i'm getting tired of my amd computer and was thinking of selling it, but i want your input on how much you think i could get for it.

Specs:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Processor

EVGA nForce 590 SLI AM2 Motherboard

OCZ DDR2 2GB PC6400 Memory

300GB Maxtor HDD

EVGA e-GeForce 7900GS 256MB DDR3 (over clocked edition)

Raidmax Ninja Case

Dual Layer DVD Burner (hp dvd840)

with vista home premium and xp in dual boot

not overclocked, added a big red fan in front of the case so it glows red and blue

i think only a 450watt power supply (whatever came with the case)

hmm, from what you guys are saying i couldn't really get enough to buy an intel computer...stupid prices of computers :( lol

• 2 weeks later...
Why would i want to? cause i want leopard...and for some stupid reason i can't get past the language select screen with this rig...

If there's a will, there's a way. I'm sure if you keep trying, you'll find a way to make it work. :D

Hey,

I recently just sold an AMD set up for $1100usd. It was an Asus A8n32-SLI deluxe, amd64 x2 4200, 2GB DDR kingston ram, evga 8600 gs x2 set up in SLI, SATA Samsung DVDR drive, 7 in one internal 3.5 card reader, 320GB SATA HD in a Standard bubble light case w/ 500w psu. Also included was a wireless keyboard and mouse and a 19" widescreen flat panel display.

Mobo, ram, cpu, and the 2 vid card was mine. Wich totaled $700usd worth. I used that to build my hackintosh.

My point is, your computer is pretty cheap to someone who knows and builds PC's. But for a standard everyday user (ebayer perhaps) your PC has alot more value.

Like anything else it is only worth what someone else will pay for it.. the question is, how are you going to sell it?.. if you can sell it locally, by word of mouth or advertisement in the local supermarket, great you'll get top whack (The best situation is freinds of freinds who dunno jack kack :(.. is that wrong :P?) if it's ebay.. not a lot,

if it's the ebay route you may get more selling components individually? (factoring in the extra listing/paypal/delivery fee's)